- Text Size +
 Chapter 10: A shock….of sorts….

Last time: ‘Spoke too soon….’ Sango thought as she continued on her way….


-Western Palace-

“Lord Sesshomaru, I’m so happy to see you have returned!” Jaken said, looking up at his lord in admiration. Sesshomaru didn’t say anything to him. “There is a matter that needs attending to sire and oh! You don’t have to attend to it right away…I….” But he was cut off, when he saw Kagome standing next to him.

“You.” “Who are you?” Jaken demanded. He was appalled to see a human standing next to his lord like she belonged there.

“Jaken.” Sesshomaru said, disgusted at his servant, yet once again. “You will call her ‘Lady Kagome’ and don’t you EVER disrespect my mate as if she was a mere worthless human….” “You on the other hand ARE worthless….” That said, Sesshomaru kicked him far….far….away…..Kagome giggled and Sesshomaru smirked turning towards her.

He was surprised that she was taking this situation so lightly. She had yelled at him, glared at him, freaked out talked to herself as if she were some sort of a madwoman….it was kind of cute when she’d said something he’d remember forever…..

-Flashback-

This is a bad dream…a very bad one.’

I’m like married now! Oh No!!!’

That means responsibility! That means children!!”

-End Flashback-

Then she had started to freak out and smack herself across the head. She’d kept repeating it over and over again, rocking back and forth.

Guards bowed as they passed by but Sesshomaru didn’t pay attention to them.

They walked into Sesshomaru’s study and he motioned her to sit on the sofa. There was another Lord, Kagome assumed sitting on the sofa in front of Sesshomaru’s desk and opposite herself sat a female demoness who looked at Kagome, interested to know who she was.

“Ah hello,” the female demoness began softly, voice as soft as silk. She had dark green eyes and black hair. She was wearing a simple deep green kimono, with silver embroidery and a pair of dark green slippers.

“I am Chika, Lady of the Eastern lands and him over there,” she gestured towards the demon sitting opposite Sesshomaru, “is my mate, Ichiro.” “And you are?”

‘My she’s friendly,’ Kagome thought…. ‘She doesn’t even know if I’m like an enemy or dangerous or something along those lines…….

Kagome looked at Sesshomaru for help….she didn’t like to err….stretch the truth, ‘if one wanted to call it that…..’ she thought vaguely. Sesshomaru didn’t even look at her, basically saying ‘you’re on your own…..do what you will….’

‘Grrr….I’ll get him back later….’ Kagome thought viciously thinking of ways she could punish him….

Chika patiently waited for a response, wondering why this female had hesitated. She had clearly seen hesitation in this human females eyes…..

Kagome cleared her throat and said “I am Kagome-sama, lady of the West….” ‘Oh I CANNOT believe I just said that…..’ She looked at Sesshomaru who looked at her and smirked. She glared at him inwardly, thinking of ways she was going to punish him. She didn’t flush red, or falter when she spoke, she needed to make her mating Sesshomaru believable.

‘I will jump off a cliff after this…’ Kagome groaned to herself.

Suddenly out of impulse, Chika bounced off of the sofa and exclaimed “Oh that’s just wonderful!!!!” “Sesshy finally decided to settle down!!!”

“I’m just so happy for you!!!” She twirled around in a circle. “We thought he’d never get serious!!!” “What did you DO to convince him Kagome?” “I thought the old stiff wouldn’t ever settle down!!!”

Ichiro smiled at his mate’s happiness, and Sesshomaru smirked at her words.

Kagome couldn’t believe Chika had bluntly asked her what Kagome did to convince him….. ‘And what is up with her calling Sesshomaru…Sesshy?’

(A/N: Kagome is jealous!!)

Kagome knew that he was not up for anyone calling him nicknames….. ‘strange.’

Ichiro suddenly spoke up in his deep voice and said, “Well I suppose I should offer my Congratulations to you Lord Sesshomaru….”

“Of course you should Ichiro darling!!!” Chika said happily, grabbing Ichiro by the hand and danced around with him…..Kagome not believing her eyes……

“Well I’m off to have a chat with Kagome, we’ll see you later!” That said Chika kissed Ichiro on the cheek, grabbed Kagome by the arm and basically pranced out the door.

Kagome and her walked towards the Western side of the palace, where the dojo was located. ‘We won’t be heard there.’ She thought. What Chika wanted to know was why Sesshomaru and Kagome had told her something that was not true………

Chika wasn’t stupid, the whole ‘getting excited about Sesshomaru finally getting mated’ might have been true, but it was also to cover up Kagome-sama’s embarrassment which Chika picked up right away…..

‘I wonder if Ichiro found out too ……’ Chika mused……

-With the Inu-tachi-

They all made their way to the Western lands as Inuyasha declared they should. Kouga had told them that he was coming too, after all he wanted a piece of Sesshomaru too.

“Jewel shard hunting can wait because our shard-detector is missing.” Inuyasha said. Everyone made their way west, all hoping that Inuyasha knew where he was going.

While they were walking, they came across a female demoness who was standing by the side of the road, when they approached she smiled at them. She had red hair and blue eyes.

‘Wow, now that’s different…..’ Sango thought. ‘wait-a-second….’ “You’re Leiko aren’t you? The lady of the North? What are you doing here alone?” Sango asked her.

“True….” Leiko began, smiling at the group. “You certainly know you’re demons, Sango the demon slayer…..” she looked at Sango’s shocked face.

“Yes, I’ve heard of your group,” Leiko confirmed. “You’re the monk, Miroku, this is Kouga, leader of the wolf-tribe….. and this is Inuyasha…..Sesshomaru’s half-wit-brother…..” “Speaking of which, I’m on my way west to see Sesshomaru with my mate, oh where is he?” She turned around to peer into the forest, but saw no one.

Turning around again she said, “You see my best friend is there, Chika’s her name….Lady of the East…… “Oh yeah and I wanted to congratulate Sesshomaru too…..you see he finally found a mate! Isn’t that just wonderful?”

-DEAD silence from the Inu-tachi group-

-More Silence-

“What’s the matter?” Leiko asked them, confused by their sudden silence.

“Leiko?” It was her mate, Yukio.

“Oh there you are!” Leiko said happily. “Look…. I found Sesshomaru’s half brother and his friends on their way to the west as well as us!”

‘Indeed.’ Yukio thought, walking closer to Leiko. He knew the story between Inuyasha and Lord Sesshomaru…all of the lords did.

“Oh can we travel with them Yukio?” She gave him a hopeful look.

He sighed inwardly. How could he refuse a face like that? He was like jelly in Leiko’s hands….he always ended up agreeing with her. “Yes, I suppose.”

“Yay!!” and with that, She started walking alongside Sango and started asking her loads of questions about the art of slaying demons and if that Boomerang of hers was heavy and how she had to train…etc…etc…..

(A/N: ironic isn’t it?)

The others followed suit and Inuyasha spoke up suddenly. “Lady Leiko?”

Everyone sweat-dropped and almost fell over at his voice and the formal term he had used….or perhaps he did it because her mate Yukio was walking right next to him.

“What is the name of Sesshomaru’s mate?” Inuyasha asked. He just HAD to know because he knew that Sesshomaru thought that no one was good enough for him…….

She turned around and said “Oh yes….how foolish of me to not mention her name…..her name is Kagome-sama.” “She’s the Miko of the Shikon…..isn’t that just wonderful?”

Inuyasha was speechless for the first time in his life. Kouga on the other hand yelled quite loudly, scaring Leiko who backed into Yukio shaking….wondering if she’d said something wrong. Yukio wrapped an arm around her waist, glaring at Kouga for his rudeness.

‘Sesshomaru would never…..Kagome wouldn’t dare……’ Inuyasha thought.

“You’re lying aren’t you?” Inuyasha said.

“How dare you call my mate a liar?!” Yukio said angrily grabbing him by the collar and tossing him away….a couple hundred feet. “I’ve had enough Leiko, we’re leaving.” Leaving no room for argument, he grabbed her by the waist and they stepped onto his ‘cloud-thingy’ and left the group.

“We’ll get to Chika faster this way…” Yukio said, not wanting to upset her…..he hated it when she was upset.


Lady Nefertiti: Yay!!! Another chapter done!!!

please read and review!!!