- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own the songs

Kagome slowly began to back up, "Inuyasha?" Inuyasha let out a growl and he held up his claws. Kagome turned and she looked at Miroku, "Go find the Tetusaiga…NOW!" Miroku nodded and he ran into the forest. Kagome set her things down and she held her hands up. "Inuyasha its me…It’s Kagome" Inuyasha tilted his head in confusion. He began to laugh as he jumped in the air. Kagome began to run but she wasn’t fast enough. Inuyasha landed on her and he began to claw at her skin. Kagome screamed for him to stop.

Miroku finally appeared with the sword and he through it to Kagome. As Inuyasha went to swipe at her again, Kagome held the sword up. Inuyasha was thrown back and he hit the ground with a loud thud. Kagome lay on the ground holding the sword close to her chest. She was covered in blood. Her shirt had been shredded, Gashes ran across her chest, Stomach, legs and arms. She began to shiver as she slowly sat up, Inuyasha slowly came to and he sat up holding his head. When he saw Kagome his eyes went wide and he began to breathe hard, "Kagome?"

Kagome fell back and Inuyasha ran to her. His tears fell onto her face, "Kagome I’m so sorry." Kagome smiled as she touched his cheek gently, "It wasn’t your fault Inuyasha. The demon took away your sword. I don’t blame you." Inuyasha lifted Kagome out of the snow and he began to walk towards the well. Sango gathered medicine and herbs from Kaede and she gathered Kagome’s things. They followed close behind Inuyasha. When they got to the well they jumped in and they disappeared. When they appeared on the other side Annie was waiting for them. When she saw Kagome she went to call the ambulance, Kagome shocked everyone by saying no. "I am not going to the hospital, They look worse than they really are. Besides Kaede gave us medicine. I want to be alone with Inuyasha."

Inuyasha Then disappeared up the steps with Kagome. He walked into the room and he shut the door. He gently laid her on the bed and he put his head down, "Kagome this is all my fault. I should have killed the demon." Kagome slowly and painfully sat up, "Stop it Inuyasha, This wasn’t your fault. Your demon blood took over. I do not blame you and I want you to stop blaming yourself…Understood" Inuyasha nodded and he tilted his head as Kagome removed her shirt. He nodded and he pulled out the herbs.

Kagome helped Inuyasha prepare the herbs and then he slowly applied them to her cuts. Kagome smiled when she saw how gentle Inuyasha was. When he finished Inuyasha stood to leave but Kagome stopped him. Inuyasha sat back down and he looked at Kagome.

Kagome smiled as she leaned in and Kissed Inuyasha gently. Inuyasha slowly closed his eyes and he returned the kiss as he rested his hand on Kagome’s cheek. When the kiss ended a few minutes later both were panting. Kagome smiled brightly as her cheeks turned pink. Inuyasha moved to lie next to her. He pulled her close and the two fell asleep holding each other.

When Kagome woke the next morning Inuyasha still had his arm draped over her. Kagome smiled as she slowly sat up. Inuyasha came to and he sat up, he helped Kagome stand and he handed her a shirt to put on. The gashes were already healing much to Inuyasha’s surprise. When Kagome walked down the stairs, She was shocked to see David standing in the kitchen. Inuyasha realized it was too late to hide his ears so he walked in behind Kagome. He was relieved when David smiled and stuck his hand out, "Hello you must be Inuyasha. Kagome talks a lot about you." Inuyasha smiled and he shook David’s hand.

"I bet your wondering why I’m here so early so I will get down to it, I need two more singers and I was wondering if Inuyasha and Miroku could sing for the club." Inuyasha raised an eyebrow and Miroku grinned, "of course we will sing, we will be there tonight." David nodded and he let out a sigh of relief "Thank you…Be at the club at 6 tonight" Kagome nodded and David left the shrine.

That night Kagome and Sango stood in their room getting ready, Kagome wore tight faded Jeans, Black boots, a tight black tank with a see through red shirt over it. She slipped her jacket on and she brushed her hair. Sango wore a knee length emerald green spaghetti strapped dress with a black belt and black heels. She pulled her jacket on and she pulled her hair back into an elegant ponytail. Downstairs The boys paced the living room floor as they waited for the girls, Miroku wore black jeans, Black Boots, a blue button up shirt and a knee length black jacket. Inuyasha wore Jeans, Boots, a blood red button up shirt and a ankle length black jacket.

When Kagome and Sango walked down the stairs, Inuyasha and Miroku smiled. The group left and Annie stood in the doorway smiling. The walk to the club was enjoyable, Inuyasha kept his arm around Kagome’s waist and he smiled. When they reached the club Sango and Kagome showed the guys backstage. David came up to them and he smiled, "You four look fantastic…Now Sango your up first, Then you Kagome followed by Miroku and then Inuyasha." They nodded and David walked off. Sango took her jacket off and she laid it over a chair. She kissed Miroku’s cheek and she walked onto the stage.

The crowd cheered and clapped and they fell silent as The lights dimmed and The music started, Sango sat on the stood and she began to sing,

"She loved like he was the last man on earth. gave him everything she ever had.
He’d break her spirit down, then come lovin’ up on her. give a little, then
Take it back. she’d tell him about her dreams - he’d just shoot ’em down. lord,
He loved to make her cry. "you’re crazy for believin’ you’ll ever leave the
Ground." he said "only angels know how to fly."


And with a broken wing, she still sings. she’ keeps an eye on the sky. with a
Broken wing, she carries her dreams. man, you ought to see her fly.


One Sunday morning’, she didn’t go to church. he wondered why she didn’t leave.
He went up to her bedroom, found a note by the window, with the curtains
Blowin’ in the breeze, and with a broken wing, she still sings. she keeps an
Eye on the sky.

With a broken wing, she carries her dreams. Man, you ought to
See her fly. With a broken wing, she carries her dreams. Man, you ought to see
Her fly. (With a broken wing oooooh)"

The song ended and Sango took a bow. She walked back stage and Miroku smiled, "You sang beautifully Sango." Kagome smiled and she laid her jacket next to Sango’s, She walked onto the stage and she grabbed the microphone, "This song is a special dedication to a very special someone, Inuyasha will you come on stage with me please?" Inuyasha’s eyes went wide and he slowly walked onto the stage. Thankfully it was the night of the new moon, So Inuyasha appeared Human. Kagome smiled when the music started, She grabbed the microphone and she began to sing to Inuyasha,

In your arms I can still feel the way you
want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms

And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way--
and there ain't not how
I'll never see that day....

[Chorus:]
'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our day
Wanna wake up every
morning to your sweet face--always

Mmmm, baby
In your heart--I can still hear
a beat for every time you kiss me
And when we're apart,
I know how much you miss me
I can feel your love for me in your heart

And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't now way--
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....

(I wanna wake up every morning)

In your eyes--(I can still see
the look of the one) I can still see
the look of the one who really loves me
(I can still feel the way that you want)
The one who wouldn't put anything
else in the world above me
(I can still see love for me) I can
still see love for me in your eyes
(I still see the love)

Kagome stood with her back to Inuyasha and she pulled his arms around her as she sang,


And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way--
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....


I'm keeping you forever and for always
I'm in your arms

When the song ended Kagome leaned in and Kissed Inuyasha gently. The crowed began to whistle and Kagome turned a dark shade of red. In the audience Annie sat smiling. She wiped a tear away and she began to whistle with the audience. . Kagome and Inuyasha walked back stage and they stopped when Miroku walked up to them, "Kagome will you hold this for me while I’m on stage?" He handed Kagome a small velvet box, Kagome raised an eyebrow and she opened it. When she saw the small diamond ring inside her eyes went wide. "Miroku!?" Miroku smiled and he walked onto the stage. The music started and he began to sing,

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I’m going is anybody’s guess

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It’s written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

I don’t mean to drag it on, but I can’t seem to let you go
I don’t wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Incomplete

 

 

Sango wiped her eyes as Miroku walked back stage. She smiled and she pulled Miroku to her and she kissed him gently. Inuyasha smiled and he reluctantly let go of Kagome to walk on stage. The lights dimmed and Inuyasha began to sing,

Remember when, we never needed each other
The best of friends like
Sister and Brother
We understood, we'd never be,
Alone

Those days are gone, and I want you so much
The night is long and I need your touch
Don't know what to say
I never meant to feel this way
Don't want to be
Alone tonight

[chorus:]
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child that, I resemble

I cannot pretend, that we can still be friends
Don't want to be,
Alone tonight

[chorus:]
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

[Bridge:]
Oh I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know, oh yeah

I don't want to live this life
I don't want to say goodbye
With you I wanna spend
The rest of my life

[chorus:]
What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?

What can I do, to make you mine
Falling so hard so fast this time
Everything's changed, we never knew

How did I fall,
in love ,
with you?

 

 

Kagome smiled as Inuyasha bowed and he walked up to her. That night after the club closed, The group walked slowly to the shrine. It was well below freezing but with the snow falling it was too beautiful to rush home. Once they reached the shrine, Kagome and Inuyasha walked inside leaving Sango and Miroku along in front of the well. Miroku smiled as he took Sango’s hand in his, "My Dear Sango, I love you so much. I know our relationship hasn’t been the easiest. But I want to spend every waking moment with you. I want you to be by my side always"

Miroku got down on one knee and Sango’s eyes filled with tears. Miroku pulled out the ring and he smiled, "Sango will you marry me?" Sango let out a happy sob and she nodded, "Yes…" Miroku slid the ring on her finger and he lifted her up. He spun around with her in his arms. That night the couple stayed outside as long as they could. They held each knowing, This was only the beginning for them.

Chapter End Notes:

SONGS:

Broken wing by Martina Mcbride

foever and for always by shania twain

incomplete by backstreet boys

how did i fall in love with you by backstreet boys