- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This takes place a month later
: In a nearby Cave:
Naraku laughed as he stood in front of Kohoku, Kagura and Hakudoshi. “I think its time we end this foolish war for good.” Hakudoshi stood and his eyes narrowed, “but what of the new Demon, Tonya?”

“I will rip her to shreds.”

: Kaede’s Village:

The group sat in the hut, defeat written across their face. Kagome let out an angry sigh, They had once again lost Naraku’s trail. Suddenly Inuyasha, Tonya and Miroku stiffened. Tonya stood and she began to change, “Do you feel that?” Inuyasha stood next to her, “yea and I don’t like it.” Naraku’s laughter filled the air and a black smoke filled the room, Inuyasha pulled out the Tessaiga, “what the hell?” Suddenly Tonya let out a scream, Salem looked around the room as he tried to find her, “Tonya!?”

When the smoke cleared, Tonya was gone. Salem let out a growl. The group ran outside to find Kohaku. Sango ran to the front and she looked at him. Kohaku turned and he took off. Sango and the group ran after him. When they reached the temple, that held Naraku, Kagome began to shake from fear. She gripped Inuyasha’s sleeve and he put his arm around her, “don’t worry I wont let him harm you or Tonya.” They walked inside but Naraku wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Kagome walked farther into the temple. Suddenly she let out a scream. Inuyasha ran to her and he growled. Naraku stood holding the limp form of Tonya. Blood dripped to the ground underneath her. Inuyasha and Naraku began to fight. Kagome managed to slip between them and grab Tonya. She ran out of the temple and she knelt on the ground. Tonya was barely breathing. If Kagome hadn’t been so close to her she would have thought otherwise. The battle that raged inside was a short one. When naraku disappeared Inuyasha let out an angry growl.

Once the group was back at Kaede’s Village, Salem was finally let in to see Tonya. He fell to his knees as he began to sob. An hour later Salem stood outside the hut, He began to walk to the forest but Kagome stopped him. “Salem you don’t have to do this,”

“She is gone Kagome, I couldn’t save her the group is better off and safer if I’m not here.”

Salem walked into the forest without saying a word. Back in the Hut Tonya slowly opened her eyes and she called for Kagome. Kagome ran into the hut and she knelt next to her. She grabbed her hand and she smiled, “Welcome back.”


It was months before Tonya was well enough to walk. Kagome helped her out of the hut. Inuyasha smiled along with the others. It was good to have Tonya back with them. Tonya’s recovery was slow, Kagome and the group helped her as much as they could. But it was another 3 months before Tonya had full healed. With Kagome going to her realm as much as she could for medicine, Tonya was 100% healed. One morning the group packed up and they began the search for Naraku once more. Tonya walked slowly and when she could she would ride on Kilala. Kagome of course was on Inuyasha’s back.

When they decided to stop and rest Tonya’s thoughts always went to Salem. If she was awake when he left then why did He leave without saying goodbye. Suddenly Inuyasha stood,

“I can sense something……..”