- Text Size +
Kagome had soon settled into a routine with Inuyasha and the gang. Her training continued as long as it could. Though eventually they had to stop because Kagome’s stomach was getting to big. One night as Kagome and Inuyasha lay in their hut, Kagome jumped. Inuyasha shot up and he looked at her, “is everything ok?”

“She kicked…The baby kicked Inuyasha!” Inuyasha smiled as he placed his hands on Kagome’s stomach. The baby kicked right under his hands and his eyes got glossy with tears. “We need to think of a name for her.” Inuyasha thought for a moment and then he smiled, “Kisa” Kagome smiled…”I like it.”

“It was my mother’s name.”

Kagome looked at Inuyasha and she smiled as she nodded.

“Kisa it is then.”

The next afternoon while Kagome stood in Kaede’s hut with Sango and Tonya. She let out a surprised yelp and she dropped to her knees. Sango and Tonya ran to her, “what is it?” Kagome winced as pain rushed through her, “My…. My water broke.” Tonya’s eyes went wide, “Sango go get Inuyasha…Hurry.” As Sango ran out, Tonya picked Kagome up and she laid her on a mat. Tonya and Kaede began to prepare her. Inuyasha ran into the hut and he knelt next to Kagome. He lifted her up and he sat behind her just as Tonya had told him to days before. He laced his fingers in hers and he smiled, “you can do this.”

Kagome leaned into him and she began to breathe hard. Tonya looked and she smiled, “Kagome I need you to push.” Kagome gripped Inuyasha’s hands and she began to push. Her face turned beat red before she fell back into Inuyasha gasping for air. Tonya smiled, “Come on Kagome, your doing so good.”

Kagome sat up and she began to push again, Inuyasha clamped his jaw shut when Kagome squeezed his hands. She fell back as sweat rolled down her fore head. “I cant..”

Inuyasha kissed the side of her head, “come on Kagome, yes you can.” Kagome sat up and she pushed one last time. As she fell back Tonya pulled the baby out and she held it in the air. Kaede cleaned it and Tonya handed Kisa over to Kagome. Kagome held the tiny baby and she smiled, Inuyasha rested his chin on Kagome’s shoulder and he smiled as he reached down and took the babies hand. Kisa gripped her father’s finger tightly and Kagome broke into tears. “She’s so beautiful” Like her father, Kisa had white hair, two little dog ears poked out of the top of her head, She looked at her mother and father with big brown eyes. Finally Tonya let Sango and the others come in. Sango leaned into Miroku and she smiled. Shippo climbed onto Inuyasha’s shoulder to get a better look at his adopted sister. Tonya went over to Salem and she smiled as she kissed him and then leaned into him. Last but not least Sesshomaru came in, he knelt down and he looked at the tiny baby and he smiled.

Kagome was shocked by the smiled. It only made her smiled brighter. Kagome closed her eyes and Tonya giggled “alright everyone lets give the new parents time to rest.” Everyone walked out and Kagome looked up at Inuyasha, “she is perfect…. she looks like her father.” Inuyasha smiled, “yes but she has the eyes and the heart of her mother.” He leaned down and he kissed Kagome gently. That night Inuyasha fell asleep with his arms around both of them.
Chapter End Notes:
I know Kisa isnt the name of Inuyasha's mother but it sounded good when i wrote it lol