- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A little thing written for ElegantPaws, who wanted a real followup. I'm not pleased with this one.
She knew she should have felt awful. Not just awful. Horribly awful; crawl under a rock and die awful. Kagome held his hair back as the poor youkai wretched and hacked, carefully dabbing his forehead and cleaning his face with a damp cloth between dry heaves. If it hadn't been for her, the normally pristine and perfect youkai Sesshoumaru wouldn't be sitting on all fours vomiting and, as they said in her time, 'sick as a dog'. Instead, she wanted to laugh at him. Not because he was retching and she was caring for him, but for the fact that he didn't listen to her and was now learning his lesson.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't kill you?" he croaked. Kagome watched as he tried to sit up but was stopped by another round of stomach turning dry heaves.

"Because I didn't force you to eat that," she said gently, wiping his face again. "I told you it was bad for you and would make you sick."

"The kitsune eats it."

"Shippou is not a dog."

"This Sesshoumaru is not a dog." He managed to crawl back and roll over onto his back. He clearly showed his displeasure of her caring for him, it showed in his eyes, but Kagome highly doubted that he was in any condition to harm her.

"You are an inuyoukai. You may look human, but you are still a dog underneath it all." She wiped his face one last time before moving to his bare chest. He was sweating buckets and she was doing everything in her power to keep him cool to avoid another wave of nausea. In a way, she thought it was strange that he was able to sweat while in humanoid form, but was still unable to digest certain foods.

"I should still hurt you when I am able." He sighed deeply, and for the first time, Kagome saw him look almost desperate. "Completely slaughter you. Possibly use Tensaiga so you can be torn to shreds a second time. Then this Sesshoumaru will be at peace."

Kagome smiled. "You wouldn't do that."

"If you give me more of that brown confection, I will." The desperate look was gone, replaced by a gleam that said he would completely live up to his threat if given the chance.

"I didn't force you to eat it. I caught you stealing it from my bag and let you eat it as a lesson after you didn't believe it would make you sick." She brushed his bangs out of his face, ignoring the light growl he gave her.

"You said dogs could not consume the confection, not inuyoukai."

"Sorry, my mistake." Kagome was pleased that he had stopped growling. "For future reference, inuyoukai should not consume chocolate."

"Thank you for the clarification."