- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Written for the LJ community iyissekiwa for the sleep theme.

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all related characters are property of Rumiko Takahashi.

Ears. Twitching ears. She just had to touch them. She looked around the campsite, making sure that she was the only one left awake. The last thing she needed is one of her companions catching her, especially the target of her ear assault. They just looked so soft and cute...It was now or never.

Using stealth that she didn't know she possessed she stalked her prey, slowly creeping over to the sleeping demon. Slowly...just a little closer.... Her focus moved to the ears alone, lightly twitching in slumber, still trying to catch every little sound.

She stopped abruptly when his nose twitched. This wasn't good. Standing as still as stone she watched as he turned a bit, getting more comfortable against the trunk of the tree. "Kagome," he mumbled sleepily, rooting around a bit before he got completely comfortable. She sighed lightly and let her hand continue on it's course in the pursuit of cuteness.

A smile graced her features when one of the fuzzy appendages was in her grasp, the soft white fur tickling her fingertips. "Such cute ears," she whispered in happiness.

"You know, Sango, Kirara's ears are much cuter than mine."

Sango let out a high pitched squeal and jumped away from the hanyou. "Sorry, Inuyasha, they were just so -"

"Cute, I know. I spend time in the Higurashi household." Inuyasha yawned loudly. "Next time you want to mess with my ears just ask. Just don't let Kagome see you." He rolled over. "She thinks she has exclusive tweaking rights."