- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Reunion after 502 yrs

Kagome Riddle

 

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling while I own this plot and a few others.

 

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

 

Italics: Japanese

Normal: English

Bold: Youkai tongue (AN: The bold in the previous chapters don’t apply and youkai tongue is NOT barks and yips)

 

Chapter 9: Hogsmeade

 

Hermione’s POV~~~~~

 

It was the year’s first trip to Hogsmeade. The cool autumn winds brushed over the village blowing the crisp leaves softly to the ground. Harry, Ron and I were walking towards Honey Dukes, candy store in Hogsmeade.

 

The shop was packed and it would take a while till they got their candy. Hiroki was standing in the shop a little way away from the crowd, apparently amused at something.

 

He noticed us and called out to us. We went over to where he was.

 

“What are you doing here?" Ron asked as we neared him.

 

‘Why is he always so mad at him?’ I thought bewildered at Ron’s change in mood.

 

“Waiting for Kagome.” Hiroki answered pointing at Kagome who was struggling through the throng, at the same time keeping her identity as a teacher, a secret, at least among the crowd in a candy store.

 

She joined us after buying candy. “Hi, everyone” she sighed in an exhausted tone. “I got the candy!” she held a bag of candy in front of Hiroki.

 

“Kagome, you really didn’t have to get them.” Hiroki commented at her exhausted state.

 

“Well, you used to plead me to get you candies whenever, I went home.” Kagome pointed out

 

“That was when I was a kid.”

 

“Don’t talk to me like you’re a 1000 years old. ‘cause even then you’ll be a kid to me.” Kagome chided him. “So, tell me you want it or I have better uses for then?”

 

“OK! You win k?” Hiroki took the bag of candy. She took another bag of them and gave them to everyone.

 

“Hey Kagome, it’s getting late. We better get going” Hiroki said after sometime.

 

We were naturally curious. However  much one disagreed,, it was quite an established fact that the DADA teacher of Hogwarts always played a role in their fight against the dark lord. This particular teacher had too many mysteries to not be curious.

 

Kagome and Hiroki waved their good-byes and left. I looked towards the others. As if reading my mind, they nodded. Harry pulled the invisibility cloak out.

 

The three of us hid under it. It was difficult as the three of us grew up over the years. But we somehow crammed ourselves enough to not be seen as a pair of legs walking without the upper body or a floating head among the crowds.

 

Hiroki and Kagome moved towards Hogshead. They were out of hearing range but we could deduce that they were talking to each other in Japanese.

 

After the incident in the class room a few weeks back, we had prepared for this situation. We placed a language spell on ourselves, more like me on everyone anyway. But now we could understand Japanese and could even speak fluently.

 

Anything that was spoken in Japanese would automatically converted into English and thus would help us invariably in figuring out the mystery behind Kagome.

 

We soon caught up to them as they entered Hogshead and sneaked in carefully. They were at the counter. The bartender pointed to a door and the two of them moved towards it. But as soon as they opened the door, they stared at the room as if in a shock.

 

“Are you sure we’re meeting Inuyasha and not somebody else? ‘cause I don’t think Inuyasha has such taste” Kagome said to Hiroki.

 

We sneaked towards them and looked into the room. The room was tastefully arranged. There was a long 8-seater dining table complete with a lace table cloth and silverware. The floor was covered with a rich, but soft carpet.

 

The room was completely different from the musty bar outside this room.

 

“Well, we are meeting Inuyasha…but I think I forgot one littttlllle detail.” Kagome turned towards Hiroki. “Umm…Sesshoumaru-sama is joining us!”

 

“How could you forget that? My, my old age is getting to you” Kagome joked.

 

“Hey! I’m not that old!” Hiroki protested.

 

Just a while ago you said you weren’t a kid!” Kagome taunted.

 

“You know what I meant Kagome” Hiroki

 

Kagome just laughed and entered the room followed by Hiroki and of course us.

 

“When are they going to arrive?” Kagome asked Hiroki.

 

“In about 15 mins or so” Hiroki replied.

 

“Right then, I’ll just go to the washroom” Kagome going out leaving us with Hiroki alone.

 

For a few moments, nothing happened. Then, Hiroki began walking straight towards us.

 

Each of us gave a quiet gasp as he stared right at us. He smirked as if he heard the humanly inaudible sound. We warily stepped back as he walked towards us.

 

“Come out Harry, Ron and Hermione! You don’t have to hide any longer.” Something in his tone told me that he already knew where we were. I pulled the cloak down.

 

“Hermione!” Ron exclaimed.

 

“He knew.” I simply said.

 

“There is no way! No body can see through the invisibility cloak. You just gave us away” Ron shouted at her.

 

“I didn’t give us away, he already knew.” I shouted indignantly.

 

“Umm, I think we’re forgetting someone.” Harry said pointing towards Hiroki who was waiting for them to stop.

 

I blushed slightly in embarrassment.

 

“Right, now that the argument is over, I can clarify some things.” Hiroki began. “First thing first, I didn’t see you.” Ron almost began his argument again, but Hiroki interrupted him. “But that doesn’t mean I don’t have other ways of finding out that you were there. I am curious though, why were you following us?”

 

“Umm… we weren’t actually spying, we were just coming here ourselves and…” Ron began awkwardly. “Right… and that is why you can understand and speak Japanese” Hiroki ended it.

 

“But how did you find out that we were here?” Harry asked him.

 

“You don’t really pay attention in class, do you?” Hiroki asked.

 

“What does it have to do with this?” Harry asked

 

“Kagome has been teaching us to use our inner senses” Hermione answered.

 

“You mean all the boring stuff about meditating and trying to sense what’s behind the screen!” Ron commented randomly.

 

“Yeah, I guess, you can say, the cloak is like the screen and I sensed that you’re behind it.” Hiroki explained briefly.

 

“But if you can’t see the screen, how do you know there is one and that there is someone behind it?” Ron asked.

 

“I don’t need to see a screen because what the screen does is hide everything. It’s quite a simple trick actually.” Hiroki said offhandedly.

 

“What do you mean trick? Magic is no trick like those muggles perform.” Ron countered.

 

“Do you really think so, Ron? Learn from a real trickster.” Hiroki said and took out his wand. For a second I thought he might attack one of us unconsciously gripped my wand. But all he did was tap his own head once. Nothing happened.

 

A few seconds later, a pop sound was heard and enveloped Hiroki in a veil of smoke and when it cleared, there stood three ‘Hiroki’s and each had a smirk on his face.

 

“So, can you guess/ which one of us/ is the real me?” the three ‘Hiroki’s said in parts.

 

Harry’s POV~~~~~

 

It was shocking! Hiroki could replicate himself and each of them looked exactly alike and lifelike.

 

‘I learnt to create illusions with help of my old friend’ Kagome’s words drifted to my mind. Yes, he was the one she spoke about and it would definitely explain the situation. Two of them were illusions.

 

I extended my hands and touched two of their shoulders. I expected my hands to go through one or both of them. I was shocked when I felt that both of them were solid.

 

“I assure you Harry this is no illusion, though illusions are also a specialty of mine.” One of them said.

 

Then, all of a sudden, each Hiroki snapped their fingers and they were covered in smoke again my hand met with nothing but air and all three vanished.

 

“What kind of trick is this?” Hermione asked.

 

“The kind only I can show you.” A voice was heard. It was from above them. We looked up to see Hiroki stuck to the ceiling like the American muggle superhero Spider man or something.

 

“There is no way that is real” Ron commented.

 

“Hate to burst your bubble Ron, but I am quite real.” With that Hiroki jumped down smoothly landing on his feet. “So, liked my trick?”

 

“What kind of spells were they? I’ve never come across such spells ever!” It was Hermione who spoke up this time.

 

“You would definitely not come across one. I’d be surprised if you said otherwise. But I did expect Kagome to teach everyone at least basics of this technique as wizardry involves almost nil physical training.”

 

“Why do you need physical training for a spell?” Ron asked defending the easy life of a wizard.

 

“You see Ron, it was not a spell at all. Sure it involves magic, but not wand magic.” Hiroki explained. I was stunned and judging by the silence around me, I guessed that even Hermione and Ron were. How can that be possible? “By the way why were you following us? I’m definitely sure you don’t follow just anyone around.”

 

I decided to speak up. After all, he had been truthful with us. “Does Kagome know about us?” I asked him. “Take a wild guess Harry.” He simply said.

 

I nodded; “You know about the jinx placed of the DADA post right-” I couldn’t complete my sentence.

 

“What curse?” he asked as if he nothing about it.

 

“You know, the curse placed on the DADA post. It’s the reason why we have a new DADA teacher each year and each of them didn’t go out of Hogwarts like they came back. The first year, it turned out to be a man with 2 heads, he died. The second year, the teacher lost his memory by the backfire of his own spell. The third year, the teacher was a werewolf, but he was an amazing teacher. The fourth year, the teacher was an imposter who imprisoned the real teacher in a trunk. The fifth year, the teacher was ministry official who I simply describe as a psycho. She attacked by a giant. And now it’s Kagome.” Ron told him

 

“What? She never told me any of this. Kagome’s practically a danger magnet. Who knows what she can get herself into? By the way you still didn’t tell me why you three were following us” Hiroki went into hysterics.

 

“Well, you know-” Hermione started but was interrupted by the entry of a man.

 

He had silver hair, deep amber eyes. He wore muggle clothes, a casual dress, a pair of dark jeans, and a light colored button up shirt. But what caught my attention was his face, it was so emotionless. His eyes had a calculating look. For a moment my body didn’t respond, stiff with shock, my mind was numb. I couldn’t think straight. The only thought that ran through my head was- ‘He-he was- the man in my vision!’

 

My stupor was broken by Hiroki’s voice. “Hello, Seiran-sama”

 

“Who are they, kit?” the said man inquired in a deep harsh tone.

 

“They are my friends, you know, from Hogwarts.” Hiroki spoke with a hint of nervousness

 

He almost ignored Hiroki’s words. “Where is she?”

 

No sooner did he say that than Kagome entered the room. “Fluffy-chan! How are you?” she exclaimed and hugged him while he caught her.

 

“Been a while since someone you that eh, teme (bastard) came a snickering voice from behind them.

 

Another silver-head came in. Both of them were identical in features. Both of them were tall, at least 6ft, well built, had deep gold or amber colored eyes and silver hair. But Seiran had a cold unapproachable look where as the second had a more cocky look.

 

“Osuwari (sit) Kagome calmly said and immediately the new person plummeted to the ground head first. We immediately stepped back petrified.

 

“Is he alright?” Hermione asked with concern.

 

“Don’t worry Hermione. This is kind of usual for them. Besides he’s got a pretty thick head.” Hiroki calmed her.

 

“Shut the hell up runt! And you, what the heck? You greet him with a hug and me with a ‘sit’?” the person shouted.

 

“Osuwari!”  Kagome said, causing the guy to fall again.

 

“She’s scary!” Ron whispered in my ears.

 

“Damn right! That wench is evil!!!” the guy finally got up.

 

Seeing our confused faces, Hiroki finally took pity on us and cleared his throat to get our attention. “Guys, this is Kagome’s family, her brother in law and husband…”

 

“Oi! Watch where you are pointing that hand, runt.”

 

Hiroki realized that he had pointed the wrong people.

 

(AN: That little slip up is for SessKag fans ^_*)

 

“Oops! Sorry for that.” Hiroki said scratching the back of his neck and trying to ignore the three glaring pairs of eyes. “This is Seiran Taisho Kagome’s brother in law and adopted brother and Ryuuki Taisho, Kagome’s husband.”

 

“He’s actually her husband! Is married life really that harsh?” Ron grumbled. Hermione bonked him on the head.

 

“Keh, I should never have married her!” Ryuuki arrogantly told.

 

“Yeah, and I should have married Hojo or Kouga. At least they cared about me.” Kagome angrily retorted.

 

“What? You mean that Kojo or Hobo or whatever guy is still after you?” Ryuuki was wild.

 

“What if he is?” Kagome dared Ryuuki.

 

“I’m going to kill him! No one tries to take what is mine!”  Ryuuki continued his ranting.

 

“And if you do that, I’m going to ‘sit’”-thunk-“ you to hell!” He grumbled something incoherent.

 

Kagome was behaving like I’ve never seen before! Where was the ingenious DADA teacher, the skilled swordsman who wasn’t even afraid in the bit while facing those gruesome creatures? But here was a Kagome that argued like a child. Looking at the twosomes’ antics, I couldn’t help but smile, forget everything at that moment. She looked just to humane at that moment!

 

Finally Seiran stopped the bickering couple.

 

We were indirectly invited to dinner I guess. Seiran sat at the head of the table, signifying his status as the head of the family. Ryu sat to his right and Kagome sat next to him. Hiroki sat across the table from Kagome, leaving the seat to the left of Seiran empty. Hermione sat next to Kagome and I sat between Hiroki and Ron, leaving another chair next to Hermione empty.

 

(AN: Sounds like a big puzzle doesn’t it??)

 

Food served was Japanese. We had quite a tough time trying to eat with chopsticks. How do they eat so quickly? Technically the only ones who ate besides the three of us were Kagome and Ryu.

 

Hiroki seemed to eat less always but everyone around him seemed to accept it without even a question of exception, as if it were absolutely natural.

 

My attention was mainly on Seiran. Yes, even though Ryuuki could as well be the hooded person, only Seiran could add up to that role. Ryuuki seemed like a harmless kid while every single thing about Seiran spelt danger. His very sight was unnerving, his nature controlling and demanding.

 

Finally, dinner was over. The chairs morphed into comfortable couches and the table into a small table…… Everything was too quiet and my guts were screaming at me, saying that something was about to happen, something very big.

 

Seiran’s voice broke the silence, “Ryuuki, it is time.”

 

Ryuuki nodded and stood up extending his hand towards Kagome like any gentleman would. She looked up at him as if he had grown 20 heads. We were looking at them completely confused.

 

He gave a growl like snort, a weird sound by normal standards. But supposedly meaning ‘Just get on with it!’ because she immediately got up with a highly amused smile. And then he led her to a room at the other end of the room which somehow escaped all our eyes before that moment.

 

And then the tension was back; thicker than before! Ron who was beside me muttered something along the lines of “I don’t even mind one of Hermione’s lectures right about now if it means that I can stop listening to my own breadth”.

 

“Hn! Who are the humans, kit?” Seiran spoke for the first time. It was an unfamiliar tongue. It sounded slightly like Japanese, yet was not. Whatever the language must either have been Chinese (the first language that came to my mind) or some language that was derived from one of East Asian languages. I guess Hermione found a fault in the language spell, or most probably she already knew it.

 

“They are friends of mine from Hogwarts, you know, Mother’s students” Hiroki answered vaguely.

 

“Do not answer this Sesshoumaru with that tone” he replied in a reprimanding tone.

 

“Loosen up a little fluffy-chan. It’s the 21st century you know!” Hiroki teased Seiran lightly.

 

Seiran glared at Hiroki. He just chuckled but immediately became serious as if never cracking a joke.

 

Ron was annoyed and to an extent even I was. But I guess crashing someone else’s family reunion especially while trying to find out their secrets deprives us of the right to be angry with them.

 

“Don’t worry about them. They were just trying to find out something about Kagome ‘because she posed herself as a mystery and now about all of us” Hiroki said in a convincing tone but Seiran seem to buy it.

 

“The dark haired boy…” Seiran began “is vary of me. I see recognition…the miko is playing a dangerous game.” He stopped his fluent string of words measuring me with his impassive eyes.

 

“Yes, but I suspect more than just that. She didn’t know witchcraft the last time we saw her.” Hiroki noted.

 

Seiran shifted his gaze from me to Hiroki and so did the rest of us. His tone was too serious and held something that could get Seiran’s attention.

 

“Harry is quite famous, you know. He’s supposed to be the prophesized defeater of a dark wizard, named Lord Voldemort. I think whatever Kagome is planning has something to do with them.” Hiroki said plainly. Ron winced, Hermione grimaced and I glared all the more at the two people who were speaking privately in public about someone no one wants to hear about yet can hear clearly!

 

“Hn” was the only sound Seiran made looking at our reactions. “The human is of no consequence to us. Keep an eye on Kagome. She’s your charge while at the magic school.”

 

Hiroki nodded in understanding. “…… I noticed that you brought the Tensaiga with you” he softly said.

 

“You know the reason, Shippo. There has never been a successful ceremony when it involves a miko” Seiran said simply.

 

“I know, I know.  No youkai ever shared his life with a miko. No miko has considered a youkai as anything else but as a menace to eliminate. But, hasn’t Kagome shown time and again that it need not be like that? They love each other.  It can turn out differently this time.” Hiroki spoke quite stubbornly.

 

We were confused and anxious. The talk had changed from mild to humorous to serious to Voldemort to mockery to sad to heated. And the worst of it all was that we didn’t understand what it was about and what was happening inside the room the professor entered. But it wasn’t the end…the shock came only after that…

 

 “No mere emotion however strong can achieve the impossible.” Seiran said in a slightly harsh tone. “It can not change the base nature of blood or the nature of the spirit: ours hellish and hers holy!”

 

“So, is that the end? Either Kagome or Inuyasha has to die??” Hiroki said the last part in Japanese due to a slip of the tongue. A loud gasp from Hermione reminded him that we were still present.

 

We wasted no time in bringing our wands out and pointing them at Hiroki and Seiran. “What do you mean she’s going to die? And who’s Inuyasha?”  I demanded sternly.

 

“No one is going to die, trust me.” Hiroki tried to cover up while Seiran sat unfazed by everything that was happening.

 

But I pushed my wand closer to them to say that I didn’t buy it. “Who’s Inuyasha?” I asked again.

 

Hiroki sighed and seemed to become calmer. “Inuyasha is Ryuuki, Kagome’s husband.”

 

“If you are telling the truth, then why are they going to die?” I asked, now confused again but tried not to show it in my voice and make it sound harsh.

 

“It’s-” Hiroki started but the words never left his lips as a chill went up our spines. A feeling of danger overcame all our senses. Raw magic filled the whole room. Seiran turned and stared at the door behind which Kagome and Inuyasha were present.

 

I could vaguely understand the magic, its nature was conflicting. A battle of forces opposite- one, dark, overpowering, suffocating even and the other opposite of the first, but just as powerful. Each clashed with the other creating ripples of magic so powerful that cracks were formed on the walls.

 

 “It begins” was all he said as he turned towards us with a smirk that could only be called evil.

 

 

AN: To all who know what to expect from the next chapter, yeah it’s pretty much the same. But don’t be too disappointed, ‘cause on the request of my friend, I’ve added a …Anyway, to those who didn’t understand or felt that this chapter was too vague, it is due to the fact that it is Harry’s and Hermione’s POV covering the chapter. If they’re not confused who is? And finally to all who have read this note HEYA!!