- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The cat known as sunshine....

Kagome Riddle

Disclaimer: Standard disclaimer.

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese
Normal: English

Chapter 5: Quidditch practice

Another year in Hogwarts brought in a new season of the most famous wizarding sport, Quidditch. The four houses of Hogwarts battled it out in mid air to win the house cup for the year. The captain of Gryffindor, Harry Potter was the seeker of the team. Today, there were quidditch selections for Gryffindor.

Harry’s POV~~~~~

It had been almost 2 weeks since school had started and quidditch was coming up. Today, I had assembled everyone who wanted to be a part of the team. It was a bright, sunny Saturday afternoon and perfect for quidditch.

The selections were over very soon as there very few students who could play well. Ron was the keeper, Ginny were chasers. (AN: Ok you’ve got to forgive me. I practically know no characters. If you do, please send it in a review and I’ll make sure I revise the chapter. For now this goes.) The rest of the afternoon was spent in practicing.

At around, 4 in the afternoon, all of them left the pitch. Ron and I were on the field a while longer. Ron was nervous about being the keeper and so I was helping him practice.

"Be alert Ron, you don’t know when a quaffle or a bludger is going to come your way. Here’s a quaffle. Try to catch it." I shouted to Ron who was on the side of the field. I threw the quaffle as hard as I could. Ron was able to catch it. After a few more shots with the quaffle, I took out a bludger. The released bludger immediately flew straight up. I picked up a bat and mounted the broom. The bludger came towards me. Taking a good aim, I hit the bludger towards Ron. But not having practice with a bludger, it was far from the intended target. It flew towards the roof of the castle which was quite a way from the pitch.

"Bloody hell Harry, when did you get so strong? Maybe you should be a beater instead of a seeker." Ron asked.

"No thanks Ron. I don’t think I want to be a beater. Come on, let’s go and find that bludger." I replied. (AN: hasn’t anyone wondered how the bludgers were caught after being hit? I mean you can’t exactly catch it without getting hurt, can you?)

Ron and I flew towards the castle. As we neared it, I saw a figure on the roof top. It was a cat, Professor Kagome’s cat, Sunshine. What was it doing up there?

"Hey isn’t that Sunshine?" Ron asked my unspoken question. "What is it doing on a roof top?"

"I think we should take it back to the professor." I said.

We slowly approached the cat so as to not scare it and make it fall as it was quite high.

"Come here Sunshine, here kitty" I called her to me softly.

I didn’t expect the cat to come to me, just get its attention. Just then the bludger came back and it was heading towards the cat.

Ron and I both dived in at the same time to get the cat out of the way but got in each other’s way and crashed into each other. Even though we didn’t fall, the bludger was now too close to be stopped. But I dived anyway. With the bat ready in my hand, I went straight for the roof top, almost about to crash into it.

Then two things happened; I was able to hit the bludger and divert its way back towards the pitch at a higher angle by applying force at 900 to it from under it. (An: Basics of force, but don’t wanna go into it. Toooooooooo boring ;)). The cat moved and jumped off the roof. By the time, we were able to realize it, the cat disappeared. We thought it might have jumped onto a window sill, but, it had simply vanished. We searched at ground level also but found nothing.

"Where do you think the cat disappeared to?" Ron asked.

"Don’t know. But we better inform this to Professor Kagome." I said and we went inside the castle to find her. We searched for a whole half hour but couldn’t find her anywhere.

"Where could she be?" I asked.

"Who?" came a female voice. We turned around to see Hermione with a few library books.

"We are searching for Professor Kagome. Did you see her?" Ron asked.

"No. I was in the library till now. Why are you searching for her?" Hermione asked.

"It’s her cat. We saw it fall off the roof. But we can’t find it anywhere." Ron replied.

"Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed. "Let my put these books in my dorm. I’ll also help you search for her."

We thought of searching outside the class. We searched near the lake, the grounds, and the pitch, everywhere. We were almost about to give up, thinking she might have left the building for some work when we passed by Hagrid’s hut. She was walking towards the quidditch pitch when Buckbeak, I mean, Witherwings bowed to her as she passed the hut.

From where we were, we were shocked seeing the proud hippogriff bow to her voluntarily. As we neared, she went to the hippogriff and patted its head. It leaned its head towards her and nuzzled her chin. She giggled softly causing the hippogriff to make a peculiar but high pitched sound almost like a squawk. Hagrid must have heard it because immediately, he came outside and looked at her completely shocked.

"Sorry Hagrid. I was talking a walk and it just bowed to me. I thought I’d pet it" she said.

"Pr’f K’gome, zzalr’ght. It’s juz that Buc- I mean Witherwings ne’er b’wed to any’ne vol’ntarily. If she bow’d ta ya, then ya mus’ be sp’cial." Hagrid told her.

"I guess I just have a way with animals" she giggled. "No, I’ve had more than my share of animals in my life." She said thinking about all the youkai she met.

"But Witherwings is a hippogriff and she is not an ordinary animal." Ron commented as we came over. "She almost bows to no one even when they bow much less voluntarily Professor."

"Oh, is that so?" she asked genuinely surprised.

"Yeah, Harry was the only one who could ride in the whole class." Ron added. Just then, Witherwings gave another squawk.

"I th’nk she wants to g’ve ya a ride, Professor." Hagrid said.

"What? Is that OK?" she asked.

"Itz alr’ght pr’fess’r." Hagrid said, "Sh’uld I h’lp ya up?"

She smiled, almost wickedly, "I think I can do this on my own," and jumped onto Witherwings in a leap. She whispered something in its ear and it flew straight into the sky at a high speed. She wasn’t in the sky for a long time and landed easily.

"That was fun. Thanks Witherwings. Thanks Hagrid" she said.

"Wasn’t that a little too fast Professor?" Hermione asked.

"Was it? I guess after traveling high speeds often, I didn’t realize" she replied.

"High speeds?" I asked.

"Don’t worry Harry, I just love speeds." She said with a laugh. She petted the hippogriff a little more and was about to leave when I remembered the cat.

"Professor Kagome, you’re cat-" I started.

"What about it Harry?" she said.

"It disappeared. I mean it jumped off the castle roof and we didn’t find it after that." Ron explained.

"Don’t worry about Sunshine, she’s right here." Sunshine poked its head out of a pocket in her robe.

"How did it get there? How did it even survive the fall?" Ron asked shocked.

"Well, you just have to solve that mystery. You do love mysteries, right?" and she walked away.

AN: Sorry for the short chapter. This was just to create suspense and a doubt that’s all. Review please. I promise the rest of the chapters are longer since the story gets detailed.

BYE

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for all the the reviews!!

Oh, yeah, that was 90 degrees not 900