- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Don't own Inu and Co. wouldn't want to anyway as I would prob. run them into the ground with some of my ideas.

 

I have found myself with a little extra free time so I decided I will start putting all my stories (with the exception of a few) over here. I think I have five or six I haven't posted on this site so now you will have access to them all.

Myth is a fiction a half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology. However, what I am about to tell you is no myth.

Many centuries have passed since their arrival to this place between the living and the dead. The woman should have never come here in the first place, her body and soul should have gone to another plane of being, but he brought her here. This is a place for youkais and hanyous who pass on, discarding their physical bodies so that their souls can continue on. She should not be here, she should not have died, but he brought her here with his death.

If I had the power to send her back I would, but I do not. I know that even if I tried to send her back, he would never let her go. He can’t, he won’t, and she would never go anyway. It is because of her he can not pass on, because of his undying love for her. Trapped in between life and death, refusing to let go and pass on, and unable to go back. They don’t belong here.

I see them lying before me as if asleep, waiting to be awakened, but they will never be. They are dead, one from a wish the other from the pull of a soul. Love was death for her, and a wish upon a pink stone was his. That day many hanyous and youkais passed through this place, discarding their demon bodies so that their souls could pass on too be reborn. It was the era of man; hanyous and youkais fell into myth that day.

Before I continue on, I must tell you who I am. My name is Housenki the guardian of the boundary between the land of the living and the next for youkais and hanyous. None has passed through here since the final battle occurred between the warriors for the shikon no tama, and the evil Naraku. The story I am about to tell you was told to me by what was once the shikon no tama. The jewel no longer holds any power, but the stone resides here with the girl waiting for her to move on so that it can return to its owner Midoriko. Everyday I relay the stones story, in hopes that one-day this story will escape this place and those who walk the earth will hear it and understand the sacrifices that were made so that they could live. I also hope that if this story escapes this place, the two lovers before me will move on so that I can move on as well. So long as they reside here, I must continue to guard this place. So please hear this story and pass it on so that we may all be freed one day.

~

He had tried to kill her on many occasions, and had failed in every attempt. He was always amazed at her courage, and strong will. No human dared to stand against him, and if they did, they met their demise. She was different however; she defied, confused, enraged, and intrigued him. Her need to protect what he considered worthless astounded him. Why anyone would consider the half-breed worth anything was beyond him, but she did. It was her that gave the hanyou the strength to wield the tessiaga and remove his arm, and it is her that makes the hanyou able to defeat him during their battles.

Today will be the day of her demise once and for all. She must die, she needs to die, and I will remove her life from my lands. Her death will be my ultimate trophy, even the half-breed’s head won’t mean as much to me as will hers. The group has been spotted trespassing upon my lands, this I will not tolerate. Yet, it will make her death much easier to obtain. The feel of her blood upon my claws, to watch her life leave her body, and to watch the half-breed break due to her death is almost enough to make me smile.

I know that she is the shikon miko and that Naraku fears her more than anyone, but that will not do. The filth known as Naraku should fear me above all others, for it will be me to bring him down, not some weak ningen female. His demise will come at my hand and no others, and as for the jewel, I will destroy all that try to use it to gain strength against me. It is nothing more than a mere stone and all that seek it deserve the death that will come to them. I am the most feared Taiyoukai in all the land, humans, hanyous and youkai alike fear me and will continue to do so until their death. None can stand against the power that is this Sesshoumaru and none will ever take what is mine.

They are close I can smell the stench that is the worthless hanyou. I will make quick work of her friends, and then she will die slowly and painfully.

~

Kagome walked along the dusty road, tired and irritated. Inuyasha had been pushing them hard ever since he found out that their hated enemy Naraku had gained another shard to add to his growing collection. She and the others needed a break even if it meant a yelling hanyou for the rest of the day. “Ouswari!”

Inuyasha pulled himself off the ground, once the incantation released him, screaming at the girl that yelled his most hated of words, and apparently for no reason at all. “Oi bitch, waddya do that for?” He shook his fisted hand at her.

Kagome let out a sigh. “Inuyasha. We are all tired and need a break. We have been going at it nonstop since yesterday. We. Are. Stopping.”

Inuyasha stepped back from the girl knowing what that tone meant. Either he did what she asked or she did it anyway and he suffered a nasty sit. “Feh fine, we’ll stop. If you weren’t such weak humans we wouldn’t need to stop.”

“Inuyasha” Miroku warned. “You know what happens when you call her weak like that. Are you prepared for the consequences of your words?”

Inuyasha turned towards the monk. “There’s nothin she can do to me!” As he turned to take a step away from the miko, one word caused him to flatten his ears to his head as he was flung to the ground due to a very loud ouswari.

The group proceeded to make camp so that they could eat and rest, completely unaware of the eyes that were watching them, with a death glare pointed at their time traveling companion.


He watched the girl as she used her powers to flatten the hanyou to the ground. Granted that gave him great amusement, but it wasn’t enough to keep him from planning her demise. He had to be rid of her before it became known that he, the great lord of the west was bested by a ningen female. His hated half-brother’s bitch no less.

Skillfully he made his way towards the group keeping his aura concealed and staying down wind so that the hanyou couldn’t pick up his scent. He normally wasn’t one to try to hide himself from his enemies, but she was more than an enemy. She was a blemish, a thorn, an insult to his very being, she had to die. This time she would not escape him or survive.

He found the perfect spot to watch and wait for his opportunity to take her. He was next to the path that led to the hot spring, and he knew that eventually she would want to go and bathe. That was another thing about her that astounded him. Of all the ningens he had come across in his long life, she was by far the cleanest. Her cleaning rituals were daily where most humans settled for cleaning themselves once a week, or maybe once a month. Either way most humans were disgusting vile creatures.

As the sun was beginning to set, his waiting was paid off when he saw her gather her supplies to take to the hot spring.

“Hey guys I’m going to take a bath. I will be back shortly. You want to join me Sango?”

He silently cursed to himself. He wanted her to be alone, but it didn’t matter. The demon slayer would be easy to be rid of.

“No, I took a bath yesterday.”

He grinned in spite of himself. She was going to go alone and he would have his chance with no hindrances. Then his eyebrow shot up at what he heard next. The hōshi wouldn’t dare join her… would he?

“I will join you Kagome, that is if you don’t mind.”

“Not on your life Miroku! Sango keep an eye on him for me will ya?”

“Sure Kagome. If he moves from this spot while your gone, he’ll wish that hole in his hand would kill him instead.”

He heard the girl chuckle as she began to walk in his direction.

Kagome walked towards the hot spring, she knew he was there. She made it to the hot spring and set her stuff down, all but her bow and arrows. “Sesshoumaru I know your there, you might as well show yourself.”

Sesshoumaru stepped out from the shadows of the trees and glared at the girl. Had she known that he had been there the whole time? Impossible, he made sure that she couldn’t sense him.

“What do you want Sesshoumaru?” She asked as she held herself ready to defend herself against him. “You have been watching us since we arrived, and have made no move to attack. So what are you doing here?”

Sesshoumaru, although he didn’t show it, was shocked. “You have known of my presence?”

Kagome glared at the demon before her. “Sesshoumaru I have made it a point to always know when you are around. Of all the enemies that we have come across, including Naraku, you are more of a threat to me than any of them. I know you seek my life and I refuse to give it to you, and I will not go down without a fight.”

Sesshoumaru snorted at her, but was slightly impressed with her bravery. “You think you can best me? You are nothing more than a weak ningen with barely any powers to speak of.”

Kagome shook her head. “You know nothing of what powers I have. You have never seen me use them. You have always assumed that Inuyasha protects me because he deems me to be the same thing you think I am. A weak useless human, but you are wrong.”

“Oh and if you aren’t a weak useless human then what are you? Do you think that you can best this Sesshoumaru?”

Kagome maintained a hard stare at the demon standing in front of her. “I don’t have to explain what I am to you, nor would you understand. As for you beating me, we both know that you can defeat me with ease, but…” Kagome softened her gaze. “you have yet to bring me death.”

Sesshoumaru flexed his claws in ready to attack her. “That is something I plan on remedying. I desire for your death and I always get what I desire.” He raised his hand ready to strike her dead.

Kagome shook her head at him. “You don’t get it do you?”

He stopped at her question. “There is nothing to get. You will die right here and now, there is nothing that can save you.”

Kagome looked at him warmly. She understood why he was so determined to kill her, but she also knew that he couldn’t, no one could. Yes they could torture her and cause her pain, but death would never come so long as the jewel needed her. Kagome dropped her bow to the ground, and took a step towards the demon lord. She reached out, grabbed his hand, and held it above her heart. “I will show you.” She whispered “Kill me.”

Sesshoumaru was shocked, but since she asked for it, he gave her what she wanted. He rammed his claws into her chest, reveling in the feel of her warm blood as it dripped down his arm.

Kagome fell to the ground in a heap of death and blood. Sesshoumaru satisfied that his deed was done, turned and began to leave the area. However, a pink light erupting behind him, halted his footsteps. He turned and saw the girl on the ground, surrounded by a pink light, and the gaping hole in her chest healing.

Once the light died down, she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. Bringing herself to her feet, she gave him a slight grin. “You see Sesshoumaru, so long as the jewel needs me I can not die.”

Sesshoumaru was disgusted that he had failed in killing the girl yet again, not only that, he could never kill her so long as that damned jewel needs her. He turned and began to walk away. “Know this woman once the jewel is complete I will take your life.”

Kagome shook her head and laughed at him. “No, no you won’t.”

That stopped him in his tracks. He turned and looked at the grinning girl. “You know not of what I will do.”

Kagome tilted her head to the side and put a finger to her lips in thought. Then figuring out what she hoped would force the demon lord to understand she informed him. “My fate is already sealed. It is not for you to decide when my death will come.”

Sesshoumaru turned and continued to walk away. “We shall see. I will help you obtain the jewel, and I will be the one to end your life.”

Kagome shook her head and giggled again at his back. “You just don’t get it.” She whispered to the spot he disappeared in. She then proceeded to take her bath and headed back to her friends, all to aware of the golden eyes watching her every move.

~

Five warriors stand tall upon a cliff, a demon slayer, a monk, a hanyou, a fire cat, and a priestess. They all watch as a giant scorpion breaks its way out from under the hard earth.

“Inuyasha it’s in its tail.” Kagome pointed out as the hanyou leapt off the cliff unsheathing his sword. He ran towards the insect ready to deal a blow with his tessiaga, when the scorpion swung its giant claw, sending the hanyou flying into the side of the cliff.

Miroku shook his head at the reckless actions of the hanyou.

“Kirara lets go.” The taijiya yelled as she took off to help her friend battle the insect. Miroku and Kagome followed close behind.

She was aware that off in the shadows there was someone watching every move she made, as he did everyday. She shook her head in order to forget about her audience and to focus on the battle ahead.

Inuyasha recovered himself and leapt onto the back of the insect, in order to try to cut its tail off. The monk, the taijiya, and the fire cat all attacked head on, and had to leap out of the way as the insect shot poison at them with its tail, effectively flinging Inuyasha off its back.

The taijiya flung her hiraikotsu at the insect cutting off one of its giant claws, from the back of the fire cat. The scorpion flung its tail at the taijiya knocking her off Kirara’s back.

“Sango!” Miroku screamed as he ran to catch her. Falling into a heap as she landed on top of him. “Sango are you ok?” He asked as he eyed her for any wounds. “Thanks so much Miroku you saved….” Sango’s head snapped up as she felt a hand fondling her backside. A slap echoed through the canyon followed by Sango yelling at the monk. “Keep your hands to yourself, you hentai!”

“You misunderstand me. I was just making sure that your perfect body wasn’t harmed in any way.”

Sango touched her nose to his. “That wasn’t necessary! Thank you very much!” She huffed and took off to continue to battle the giant bug, disgusted that Miroku would be so lecherous during a time like this.

“Bastard!” Inuyasha yelled as he tried to make attacks against the insect. “Watch out Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed as she shot another arrow the scorpion.

The scorpion turned towards the priestess, and made its way towards her. “Kagome!” Inuyasha screamed out as the insect closed in on her.

Kagome screamed then felt herself flying through the air. She looked up and saw the last person in the world she expected to be carrying her to safety. “Sesshoumaru?” She looked up at him wide eyed.

With out a word he set her down and went back into the woods. Kagome watched his retreating form in shock as he disappeared into the woods. As a gentle breeze blew past her, she could have sworn she heard his words. ‘You will only die by my hands.’ She shook her head and headed back into the battle effectively distracting the giant insect, so that Inuyasha could cut off its tail. Inuyasha watched as the thing shrunk back down to its normal size, and then stepped on it.

Kagome made her way down the cliff to retrieve the jewel shard and to purify it. “Oi woman what the hell was Sesshoumaru doing helping you?”

Kagome shook her head. “Don’t worry about it Inuyasha.” ‘Does Sesshoumaru remember that I can not die? I didn’t need saving.’ She thought as she put the shard in the bottle she had tied around her neck. “Come on Inuyasha I’m starved and in need of a bath.” Kagome said as she began to walk off towards the village.

Inuyasha huffed and walked off after the rest of the group. Something was going on with Kagome and Sesshoumaru and he wanted to know what. Sesshoumaru didn’t just go around rescuing humans and especially humans that were associated with him. He hated not knowing anything, and he decided that that night Kagome was going to tell him.