- Text Size +
 

Disclaimer: I really hate this…no owner on the Inuyasha…sigh…

The Ultimate DestinyChapter 3: Ka-Su and the Lunar Inu Flute

Once again Kagome was walking through the woods with Ketaramaru. She sighed and thought back at what happened between Sesshomaru and the demoness.

‘You are one troublesome miko…’ Sesshomaru had said. Kagome tightened her fists. She may be troublesome, but her troublesome ways can be helpful.

Human lover…’ Ketaramaru had said to Sesshomaru. What did she mean by that? He never loved humans nor did he even like them at all…but still…what did she mean?

She was thrown out of her thoughts when Ketaramaru whistled. She looked up at her and tilted her head to the side. Ketaramaru looked behind her and saw the display of action shown before her. Ketaramaru rolled her eyes.

As if reading her mind, Ketaramaru spoke up.

“We are to wait her for my companion. If we move, she will not know where we moved and will have to do it the hard way.”

“Huh?” said a confused Kagome.

“Do not make me repeat myself, girl.”

“Hmph, arrogant jerk…” Kagome murmured.

“KAGOME!”

Kagome looked around for the source of the sound. “Who’s there?”

“KAGOME, DOWN HERE!”

Kagome looks down on her left shoulder. “Oh, it’s you Myouga.”

“Kagome, Inuyasha has been all over the whole entire west region looking for you! What are you doing out here by yourself?” Myouga said.

“Actually, I’m not by myself. I’m here with her.” Kagome said, pointing at the demoness.

Myouga looked over to where she was pointing at and nearly fell of her shoulder. She is back?! How can she be back after all those years?!

“IT’S YOU!! YOUR BACK!!” Myouga shouted. Ketaramaru turned around and walked towards the two.

“Myouga, it’s been a while. What brings you here?” she said coldly.

“I thought you DIED! When you left your Father, The Gr--“

“Dare finish that sentence and I’ll feed you to the birds.” she said sternly.

Myouga gulped and nodded.

Kagome looked confused. They know each other? Wait…did he just say father? Who were they talking about? “The who?” Kagome butted in.

“None of your business, girl.” Ketaramaru snapped.

“It will be my business if I’m going to travel with you!!” Kagome snapped back.

Ketaramaru growled at Kagome, giving her the coldest stare that could even make Sesshomaru back down.

“I suggest that you watch your tongue girl unless you want it separated from your mouth.”

“TRY ME!!”

Something inside of her told her that what she said wasn’t a good idea. Before she new what was happening, she felt a tight grip around her neck and was thrown against the tree. She winced at the amount of pain that her back was making but tried to focus more on what was happening in front of her.

“Lady Ketaramaru! Kagome is a…” Myouga started, but was interrupted by Ketaramaru.

SILENCE!!” Ketaramaru roared, as the ground shook. Nearby demons, birds and even humans were scared off by her loud voice. Even Myouga was scared off.

Ketaramaru stared at Kagome, who was now scared half to death by her loud uproar. Ketaramaru snorted and released Kagome. She then turned around, walked towards a tree and then settled down under it.

Kagome, who was still traumatized, started at her in bewilderment. She couldn’t understand why Ketaramaru didn’t kill her. She snapped out of her thoughts once she heard a roar from the sky.

“She’s here.” Ketaramaru stated.

00000

Sesshomaru watched as Rin dragged Jaken out towards the flower field. His thoughts wondered to the miko and the demoness.

‘Please stop. You’ve already done enough damage.’ Why did the miko say that? Was she worried for his well-being?

Sesshomaru snorted. Yeah right. As if the miko could even think of his-own safety but the demoness heeded (spl?) her words.

What can I say? Ok Mr. I’ve got nothing up my ass…sorry to say that your under my rank…you ran away like a puppy with your tail between your legs from the panther tribe and your saying that the meaning of ‘puppy’ doesn’t comply to you? Let me tell you one thing…you’re still a pup in your Father’s eyes…you can’t ell me what to do…I am much older than you are…and much stronger than you’ll ever be…

He growled. Never has anyone shown such disrespect to him such as her. Could the demon be much older than him? Certainly. Could the demoness be much more powerful than him?

No. I can not be easily beaten.

Just then, a loud roar of ‘Silence’ could be heard across the land. Sesshomaru jumped with a start. Birds flew overhead, frightened. After the loud outburst, Sesshomaru heard a scream and then felt something run into his leg and clutched on to dear life.

“Lord Sesshomaru! I’m scared!” wailed Rin. Jaken soon came running out of the forest squawking like theirs no tomorrow.

“Lord Sesshomaru! A huge amount of demons are heading this way!”

Just as if on que (spl?), demons from the air and ground came running out of the forest, running for their life from the loud uproar.

Sesshomaru grabbed both Rin and Jaken and jumped into the trees, since it was the only place it seemed to step out of the demons escape path.

Ten seconds later they were able to get down from the tree. Sesshomaru gently set Rin down and dropped Jaken to the ground. He looked around at the messed up campsite and snorted. ‘Those demons did make quite a mess, but the real questions are…who made those demons run for their lives? And who yelled?

00000

“Who’s here?” Kagome asked. Ketaramaru looked up at her, stood up, and walked half way towards Kagome.

“Ka-Su.”

“Ka-Su? Who’s Ka-Su?”

“You will see in a moment.” Ketaramaru replied.

Just as Ketaramaru said, a twin-headed dragon came swooping down from the sky and landed next to Ketaramaru. Kagome stared at the dragon. The dragon, or Ka-Su, resembled much like Ah-Un in color, height, etc., but the only two things that doesn’t resemble is that Ka-Su has wings and she only has three claws on both front and hind legs. Her wing-membranes are sky blue and her face was much more narrower than that of Ah-Un’s features, but there’s also that demonic aura of hers. It’s as if her aura matches that of Ketaramaru’s but a little weaker. She was brought back out of her thoughts as she heard a low and deadly growl from the dragon. Another growl was emitted but was lower and sounded much more calmer. The dragon stopped growling and nodded her heads towards her master.

“She will not harm you, unless I deem it so.” said Ketaramaru.

“Oh…um…ok…” Kagome stuttered.

“Also, I would avoid touching her heads, that’s if you want a piece of your body missing.” Kagome gulped and nodded.

Ketaramaru turned around and looked back at Ka-Su and gave her a nod. The dragon gave a surprised looked and blinked twice before giving Ketaramaru a nod back. Then she turned her head back towards Kagome. “We will be staying here for the night. Then we shall continue onward tomorrow.” With that said, Ketaramaru went back to the tree she was sitting at. Kagome stared at her for a moment before thinking of one thing about the demoness,

She’s scarier than Sesshomaru…

00000

Once again the gang was following Inuyasha through the forest. They were following the trail that was marked with Kagome’s sent. Inuyasha growled for the fifth time that day. ‘Damn it Kagome! Why did you run away!?’ Sango and Miroku looked at each other before looking back at Inuyasha. Sango was about to ask Inuyasha a question until a loud roar of ‘silence’ (once again ’) was heard. Shippo squeaked and hid in Miroku’s robe. The gang stopped and looked around.

“What the hell was that!?” Inuyasha shouted.

“I don’t know but it didn’t sound happy.” replied Sango.

“MASTER INUYASHA!!” Inuyasha looked down on his right shoulder.

“What the hell are you doing here Myouga!?” Inuyasha growled.

“Master Inuyasha, Lady Ketaramaru has Kagome!” Myouga said. Everyone stared at the flea. Miroku was the first one to break the silence.

“Lady Ketaramaru?”

“Yes!”

“Who the hell is this ‘Ketaramaru’ person!?” Inuyasha butted in.

“You haven’t heard of the rumors?” questioned Myouga.

“I’m afraid we haven’t.” Sango said. Myouga sighed.

“Well then you may as well sit down and hear me out.”

Everyone except Inuyasha sat down on the ground. Myouga looked at Inuyasha. “Master Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha did his oh so likeable ‘feh’ sound and sat down. Once everyone was settled down, he started his story.

00000

She sat under the tree, staring at the family before her. The two silver haired demons watched their younger pup running around, chasing the butterflies. She narrowed her eyes at the younger pup. ‘Such a demon like him, surely cannot be the heir to these lands. It’s preposterous.’ With that she snorted.

The older demon eyed the spot over near the bushes and stood up. The pup stopped and looked back at his father.

“Father? What’s the matter?”

The Inu looked at his son. “Do not worry Sesshomaru, make sure you stay here with your mother.”

Sesshomaru tilted his head to the side. “Why?”

“There is something I must deal with on my own.” Then he disappeared towards the forest.

She watched as the tall Inu walked towards her direction. She growled once he stopped in front of her. “You think you can just come over here and then talk to me? Ruin my life with that brat of yours!? Then you’re sadly mistaken Touga

Touga growled, “Sesshomaru is no brat. Besides, you’re the one that left the clan. I suggest you keep what you say to yourself Ketaramaru.”

This time, it was her turn to growl. “I’m glad I did. After I did leave, I’ve trained. Two months I’ve trained while you enjoyed yourself with the little brat and now I’ve become stronger, faster, and more popular than you. You think you can still order me around then think again, you can’t. I’ve even learned how to forge my own sword with my fang.”

“Girl, I…”

“Your not! Don’t even dare say it! What I decide is my own choice! So GET OUT OF MY LIFE AN LEAVE ME ALONE!!” With that, Ketaramaru left.

Touga stood there, stunned. He has never gotten any reaction like that from her before. He closed his eyes and rubbed his head.

She is becoming more of a trouble than I thought she’d be…

He then turned around and left the area.

00000

They sat in silence. None of them have spoken a word since. That is, until Myouga spoke up again. “She was ruthful. She never cared about their new pup. She never cared about the pup’s family either. When she finally heard about Inuyasha’s birth and about the death of both of the pups’ parents, she started hunting them down, knowing that they would be unprotected. Even though the Great Master died, she wouldn’t admit that she also grieved for his death, both the Master and the Master’s mate.”

Everyone looked at Inuyasha, then back down towards the ground. Myouga spoke up again.

“Then suddenly, a rumor had started around the land that she had gone into hiding…”

Everyone looked up on Inuyasha’s shoulder.

“What do you mean ‘gone into hiding’?” Miroku asked.

“After she witnessed the Mater’s death, she stopped hunting down both Master Sesshomaru and Master Inuyasha. So instead of trying to search the lands for pups, she decided that she would hunt them down when they were able to fight and become strong enough to challenge.”

They were silent again until Inuyasha snorted. “That demoness ain’t strong enough for me! Once I get Kagome back, she’ll be nothing left but dead! She’s nothing but shit!”

Inuyasha stood up and picked the flea off his shoulder. “But Master Inuyasha, you won’t be able to stand a chance against her! She’s too strong! She stronger than your brother! Stronger than your father! Please I beg you!! Don’t be rash!!”

“Shuddup.” Inuyasha flicked the flea a good far distance away. He then turned to the group. “Come on, we gotta find Kagome!”

The group nodded and then began their journey once again.

00000

Kagome sighed. She wasn’t the type to just sit still and do nothing. She tried to talk to Ketaramaru, but all she would get was just a plain simple ‘Hn’ from the demoness. She looked back towards Ketaramaru and watched her for a while. She new that Kagome was watching her but said nothing about it and instead held out her hand in front of her. Kagome just blinked.

Does she want to shake?’ Kagome stifled a giggle at the thought.

Just then, a reddish, gold color appeared. Then something materialized into her hand and then the light dimmed. Kagome eyes widened at what she saw. In Ketaramaru’s hand was some sort of fang…or bone. The ‘thing’, as Kagome puts it, had a piece of red string tied to the front of the flute and on the end of the string held the symbol of a bluish crescent moon. Near the string was some sort of mouthpiece that suck out of the strange ‘thing’. ‘Could it be a flute?’ Then something caught Kagome’s eyes. On the side of the flute, a dog was carved into the side of the strange ‘thing’. ‘I really got to stop saying ‘thing’ all the time…it’s confusing me more.

As if Ketaramaru could read her mind, she spoke up.

“It’s a flute forged by my fang. It’s called the Lunar Inu.”

Kagome stared at her. “The Lunar Inu?”

Ketaramaru nodded. “The Lunar Inu is a flute made by the fang of an Inu demon. The flute has the power to heal, lure, control, and even put to sleep demons, miko’s, and humans that are either of higher or lower status. Even the Lords of the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western parts of these lands are not able to withstand its power. Probably Sesshomaru and Inuyasha are able to stay out of a trance since they are Inu’s.”

Kagome nodded. “So…what does it sound like?”

Ketaramaru, knowing what she meant, put the flute up to her mouth and started to play. Kagome couldn’t believe how it sounded. The melodic sound coming from it sounded calm and…and…sad? Why would it sound sad? Ketaramaru played on as memories of her past came back to her. She closed her eyes held back the tears that were threatening to come.

00000

Sesshomaru stopped walking and turned around. A melodic sound emitted from the forest. That sound almost sounded familiar to the one that he had heard during is younger age before his parents died. It sounded calm and sad. As he looked down at the others in his pack, his eyes widened for a second before returning to their normal size. Jaken was somehow in a trance of some sort and was dancing around with Rin, who also seemed to be in a trance. If they were in a trance,

Then why am I not in the same situation?

00000

A/N: Long story short…the flashback was supposed to be that much…you will learn more and more about Ketaramaru’s past though out the story, so don’t get your panties all in a wad! So if you want to ever read more about what happens in the story…review and I just may be able to write more in my spare time. Also, the pictures of Ka-Su and the Lunar Flute will be updated soon on my home page! Sorry if it was short! Couldn’t think of much to write! Another thing is that this is also a tragedy fanfic, but I’m not telling you why!!