- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't own nothin! 'Sept the story

*silence*

..............

*crickets chirping*

.....................

Shippo: Well you know the usual Cristin doesn't own any of us, nor does she clame to. *smacks Cristin upside the head with a wet noodle* you said I was in last chapter!

Cristin: *rubs head and types* Shippo can't breath

Shippo: dhfdefljudoifupoioadkwmgjhjvsa,mvk!!!!!!!!!

Cristin: That's for wacking me with a wet noodle! *types* Shippo can breath again

Shippo: *gasps for breath* Sorry..... but I wasn't in last chapter!

Cristin: Yes you were, see? *rolls clip*

Shippo: No I don't see

Cristin: *points*

Shippo: Oooooooh

Cristin: But don't worry your'e coming up soon :)

Shippo: O.O I look so magestic in swim-trunks

Cristin: *sweat-drops* ~.~ Oy.......(and no i'm not sweadish because I typed 'oy')

Shippo: Wow Cristin, you look good in a swim-suit!

Cristin: What the hell!? Where did you get that picture!?!?!?

Shippo: Inuyasha

Cristin: I should have known! The hunt continues next chapter!

 

 

 

 

Inuyasha yawned. It had been two days since Miroku's party, and since Kagome agreed to go out with him. He looked up, their, once again, was his brother opening the windows. He always seemed to be going somewhere.... but where?

"I'm going out for a while tonight Inuyasha." he said coldly "I'll be back at about eleven."

Inuyasha rubbed the sleep from his eyes "Where the hell are you going this time?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

Sesshomaru shrugged and turned around saying "Just somewhere with Jaken and Rin." then walked out of the room.

Inuyasha shrugged and fell back onto his bed. He continued to stretch as he got up, sheilding the sun from his eyes with his sleeve. His mind was spinning as he walked into his bathroom, visions of two nights ago flooded back into his head. He had kissed Kagome! And now she was his girlfriend, the very thought filled him with joy. When he had finished getting ready for the day he walked out of his home, grabbing his keys on the way out. As he started to walk down the street he spotted none other than Kagome, who was wearing a bright yellow tank-top, a denim skort, and yellow flip-flops. He hair was tied up in a yellow pony-tail, and she was walking right towards him too. His golden eyes followed her as she walked up to him, and gave his cheek a small 'peck' if you will.

"Hey," she said in a calm voice "How are you today?"

Inuyasha smiled "Good, I'm really really good today."

Kagome coppied his smile "That's nice." she leaned into his side and said in an angry voice "School starts again in two weeks."

Inuyasha gave out a groan of anoyment "Quit telling me then!" he said in a playfull, yet scornful, voice.

"I'm not gonna!" she said back in an equal tone. She glanced up at him to see him smiling back.

"Well what are we doing today?" he asked

"What else! Your'e always complaining what a pig stie your house is! I called Sango and Miroku, today we're cleaning your house!"

Inuyasha seamed to give a sigh, then he said hesitantly "I don't think Sesshomaru would like that."

Kagome snorted "Then he can get over himself!"

Inuyasha smiled "Yah, you're right."

They walked to the park, letting the sun shine into their faces. The grass was now a deep emerald green, and the temperature was getting warmer, and warmer, and warmer. He looked up to see a few cardinals flying through the air, they seemed to dance on the wind. Since they had started walking, Kagome had been unusually qiuet. She was obviously trying hard not to show something, glanceing around time to time to see if anyone was watching. But Inuyasha knew something had to be rong. She stopped in front of him, her eyes wide-open in fear. She stepped back, her hands stiff at her side. Their, about twenty feet away, were the three kids who had almost killed her, but their was someone else with them. A fourth kid. He was wearing black pants, a black hoodie, and black shoes. His face was covered by the hood, but Inuyasha could see his maroon eyes staring at them. And in his hand he held one item. A gun.

"So." he said roughly "You thought you could escape? No, no you could not. Give me that jewel of yours, and I might just make your death fast and painless."

Inuyasha leapt to Kagome's side "Who the hell are you!"

The maroon eyed creep gave the most vitiuos smirk Inuyasha had ever seen. He could even feel Kagome trembling at his side.

"Why, I'm Naraku. Now give me that jewel Kagome, or I'll blow your fucking head off."

"N-n-n-n-no Naraku!" was all she could say.

Inuyasha knew their was a history here, between the two so he asked quickly "Kagome, who is this guy?"

She gulped quickly "His name is Naraku, he follows me because he wants my ancestor Kikyou's jewel. It's worth alot of money and he'll kill to get it."

Naraku gave a sickening laugh that made Kagome shudder, she ran behind Inuyasha and buried her face in the small of his back. Inuyasha glanced at Naraku who was laughing to himself "Give it to me now." he demanded.

Kagome's head shot up and she yelled "You'll have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands!"

Naraku's face turned angry in a split second, he raised his gun and yelled back "That is my plan!" In another split second he pulled his trigger, and the bullet shot off.

In under three seconds flat Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and ducked. The bullet hit the tree behind them, they had barley made it. He grabbed Kagome's rist and ran as fast as he could, trying not to make Kagome stumble. Finally they had out ran him, and they were now in a small forest. It was eirely quiet, not even a bird was chirping, no sounds were being made. The only sound there was, was the steady breathing of Inuyasha and Kagome. She looked up at him, her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry," she wispered "I'm so, so, so sorry I dragged you into this." She shook her head sorrowly.

Inuyasha looked down at the teary-eyed girl. Her sadness was enveloping him, his eyes softened and he pulled her into his lap. He rested his chin on the crown of her head, and began to rock back and forth as she cried. He didn't like it when she cried, he had no idea what to do. He never did. She rested her fore-head on his neck, and he could not do anything but sit there and let her cry. He patted her back as the crying died down, she shuddered and gasped as the last of the tears fell. Her face was red and a little puffy, but over all she looked fine. She pulled her head away from him and stared blankly down at the grass, the redness fading.

"Now," he said "What is the deal with that guy?"

Kagome still stared blankly but she replied "Like I said he wants the jewel. But the problem is... I can't let him have it. I'm doomed to be followed by him for the rest of my life, which may be cut short someday."

Inuyasha stared down at her in horror, was she serious? Did she really think he'd kill her? Kagome stood up and began to walk back to her home "Where are you going?" he asked as she turned back around.

Kagome stared at him a moment and then answered "To tell my mom so we can move again." she stared down at the ground, fresh tears filling her eyes.

Inuyasha abruptly stood up, fists clenched. He ran over and grabbed her shoulders, holding her steady. Her looked her straight in the eyes, letting his emotions get the better of him he screamed at her "You aren't moving! I won't let you!"

Kagome tried to move his hand as she gently said "Inuyasha, I-" But she was cut short as Inuyasha pressed his lips strongly against hers. All of her thoughts faded as she closed her eyes. The only thing that existed right now was Inuyasha and herself. Gods, she thought I don't want this to end! When she felt him pull away she opened her eyes again, looking straight into his.

"I don't want you to move, Kagome." he wispered "I wouldn't have a reason to do anything, let alone live."

She stared up into his golden eyes, they were unwavering and stared straight into her chocolate brown ones. She heaved a great sigh and said "Alright, I won't tell her this time. But if it happens again-"

"It won't," Inuyasha said sternly "I promise I'll make sure it never does again." He looked away and sighed. He turned back to her.

This was true, he would always keep this promise. That was for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:) I'm so happy. After I typed this up I read it over again. It almost made me cry! :) There is more to come, but I'm a little confused what to do with next chapter, so please give me some suggestions! :)