- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a very short chapter, compaired to the others. This is the last chapter, then the Epilogue.
She hurried down the sidewalk and into the lab. She checked to make sure Rena and Darby were both present before making her way into the enclosure. Sesshomaru laid there, looking up at the ceiling. He had worked out the perfect way to set the plan into motion, but it might surprise Aryana a bit.

He stood up as she entered through the door. She gave him a nod to tell him that it was time. Then he walked slowly over to her; his limp was gone. By the time they were relatively close, a small cluster of people had gathered at the glass.

He reached out and pulled her into a tight embrace, and everyone– including Aryana– gasped. He pulled her down onto his bed, still clutching her to his chest.

"I didn’t think that I would enjoy taking you hostage this much," he breathed into her hair.

On the other side of the glass:

Ponell had been the first to notice the strange actions of the demon. Soon a small group of people was watching them, with him and Rena in front.

Out of nowhere, the demon had pulled her into a hug. Everyone had stared in disbelief.

"What the hell?!" he exclaimed as the demon pulled her down onto his bed. "Get her out of there!" he ordered.

"Wait! Think of the possibilities! What if he was to take her as his mate! A half-demon would be a scientific breakthrough! And the power would be close to endless. With the power of a full demon, and the willing cooperation of a half-demon, anything would be possible. We could take the child and raise it to believe that it is meant to be in battle. What war would Japan ever lose, with an indestructible soldier on our side!!" Rena said just where Ponell could hear.

"But the girl has a lover," Ponell shook his head.

"What does it matter? If she bears him a child, nothing else is important. He might even force her. What would be the worse possible outcome?" Rena crossed her arms.

"That is true," he nodded his agreement. "I must speak with Lonla before I decide anything," he walked away. Soon he returned. He ordered for all of the scientists to go home; they had the day off. Him, Lonla, Rena, and Darby were the only ones who stayed. The only reason Darby was still there was so she could carry messages back and forth.

Her first trip in that day was the longest. "It’s working," she whispered to them as soon as she was close.

"Tell them that he isn’t going to let me go. I can’t leave. Oh and say that I’m okay, but a little shaken. Stuff like that," Aryana instructed Darby.

"Okay. I was almost hoping that they wouldn’t fall for it. That they would see something wrong with leaving you in here. I’m glad they didn’t though. This just means that they really are monsters," Darby said.

"Darby, would you like to come back to the feudal era with me, when I go home?" Aryana asked.

"Really?!" Darby exclaimed.

"Yes, just be less happy about it. They’re watching us," Sesshomaru put in.

"Okay, I’m going back," Darby turned and walked out of the enclosure. Soon the day was over. Kagome had been at the edge of the enclosure since she had showed up at lunch.

At eleven at night Lonla spoke up, "I wish to go home. Rena, this was your idea. Why don’t you stay here over night?"

"I’ll stay too! She is my friend!" Kagome offered.

"Very well. We can sleep in shifts, and take turns watching them," Rena nodded.

"I want to stay too!!!" Darby jumped up.

"Fine. We’re going home," Ponell got up and left with Lonla.

"They are making it too easy," Rena shook her head.

"Darby, will you go and get Orialyn now?" Kagome asked. Without a word, Darby hopped up and threw on her sweater. Then she hurried out of the door. She returned about twenty minutes later, carrying a sleeping baby.

After waiting for over an hour, they decided that it had been long enough. Kagome opened the door to the enclosure and yelled to the two sleeping, "It’s time!!"

They bolted up when they heard it. They hadn’t meant to fall asleep. "Wait here for a second," Aryana told Sesshomaru as she left the enclosure. She walked out of the enclosure and turned back around to face him. She pulled her blood diamond off and handed it to Kagome. Then she took Orialyn and walked through the door to the enclosure. A horribly loud alarm went off as soon as they were through. So she grabbed Sesshomaru and pulled him out of the door with her. "Now come on. I have to be back here before they get here!" she said as she sped toward the door. He followed closely behind her. They ran down the street at top speed, since no one was out this late. When they reached the Higurashi shrine, Aryana turned a corner and ran into a small well-house. "Come on!" she said urgently as he followed her in. "Down the well! Move!" she pushed him a little. He jumped over the edge of the well and was encased in a blue light. "I’ll be through tomorrow!" she called to him as he disappeared into the light.

She handed Orialyn over to Inuyasha, who had been waiting and made it back to the lab in record time. She took her blood diamond from Kagome, and put it on. Then Kagome laid down on the floor with Rena and looked like she had been knocked out. Aryana sped into the enclosure and jumped down onto the bed. She closed her eyes just in time to hear tires screech on the blacktop outside. The plan had gone off perfectly. Not a single problem.

Chapter End Notes:

That would be the official ending to the story, but there is an Epilogue. If you like the open ended stuff, then you can stop here. If you want to know what I came up with, read on!!

P.S.: Please Review