- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't own Inuyasha. There, I said it!! I hope you're happy!!! *runs away crying*

I've been eating candy!!! Lots and lots of candy!!!!!! I swear my head is about to fly off my shoulders!!!!!!

Aryana scanned the area for the first real time. The dome was about seven stories tall, and about five times longer from sise to side. The floor was cold and metal. One half of the ledge that ran around the dome about half way up, was covered in computers. There was nothing on the other half, so it was in shadows. That is where Sesshomaru spent his time–sitting on the cold metal floor.

"Where is his bed?" she furrowed her brow as she scanned around the dome again. There was definitely no bed anywhere.

"He doesn’t need a bed," Ponell looked confused.

"What do you people do with that thing between your ears?! Other than think of ways to make him miserable?! I have to do everything!" Aryana threw her hands into the air, grabbed her purse, and left the lab.

"Where is she going now?" Ponell asked.

"To get him a bed, I’m guessing. He does need one, ya know," Darby had to fight the urge to roll her eyes at him.

"Why? He’s just a demon. Why does she care?" Lonla shook her head.

"You are kidding, right?" Darby looked back and forth between the two of them.

"Why do you say that?" Ponell asked.

"She cares because she cares about everything and everyone! She knows that she is one of the few people that sees that he has feelings. That he knows you’re probably going to kill him! He has more sense than any human you could bring off of the street!! And he does not deserve the hell that you two put him threw everyday!! You are both evil, soulless, monsters!! I hate you!!" Darby screamed before she ran after Aryana.

The two scientists turned to see Sesshomaru trying his best to stay sitting up as he roared with laughter. "What the hell does he have to laugh about?" Ponell shouted and shook his fist at the demon. This only made Sesshomaru laugh harder and fall over.

"He’s laughing at her and you. He agrees with her I bet you anything," A random scientist said as they walked past them.

"Aryana! Aryana!" Darby called as she tried to catch up to Aryana. She was just in front of her and turned around.

"What is it? What’s wrong?" Aryana grasped her shoulders as the girl sobbed.

"I yelled at them! I told them I hated them! I do, but I didn’t mean to say it! They were talking about him like he was a rock or a glob of mud! Like he was worthless! It made me so angry! I meant every word of it, though!" she sobbed. "Can I stay at your house tonight?"

"Fine by me. Not my house, though. And I have to ask your parents," Aryan wrapped her arm around the shorter girl’s shoulders.

"O.K. There is a place to get an air mattress here," Darby pulled Aryana into a camping store.

"What is an air mattress?" Aryana asked.

"You fill it up with air like a balloon. But it’s shaped like a mattress and you sleep on it," Darby found nothing strange about her question.

Soon the two girls were walking out of the store with the mattress. Aryana was carrying it like it was weightless.

"How are you doing that? I couldn’t lift that thing that easily," Darby watched her as she walked effortlessly. She had been able to pick it up and carry it to the register, but with a good bit of work. A normal girl her age wouldn’t have been able to lift it. But the young fighter had carried it through the store without stopping.

"I’ve had a lot of practice," Aryana laughed. "Are you coming back to the lab?"

"No. I’ll just stay in the arcade until your shift is over at seven," Darby decided.

"I’m not leaving until they do. I won’t make the mistake of leaving them alone with him again!" Aryana fumed.

"They leave at ten. Where am I supposed to go for two extra hours? The arcade closes at eight," Darby wondered aloud.

"Hang out with Kagome. She’s who I’m living with right now. She is only two years older than you."

"Fine with me. Where is she?" she asked.

"Still at the lab. I’ll send her out to you," Aryana said as Darby walked into the arcade.

When she reached the lab she was greeted by Lonla, "Where is Darby?"

"In th arcade. Can she stay the night at my place tonight? Apparently she exploded and said some pretty bad stuff. She feels bad about it. I think she needs a night away from home," Aryan asked.

"As long as she is okay. Just keep her out of trouble." Lonla looked relieved as she walked away.

"What is that?" Ponell asked, looking at the air mattress

"It’s an air mattress. Where is Kagome?" Aryana snapped.

"Watching us like a hawk. She trusts us about as much as it does," Ponell said as Aryana walked toward the door that led to the bottom of the stairs that led up to the computers or strait into the enclosure.

"Will you stop calling him ‘it’? He has a name. It’s Sesshomaru and I won’t drop it until you at least call him ‘him’." Aryana walked up the stairs to find Kagome arguing with one of the scientists. "Kagome! Help me out! How do you work this damn thing?" She asked as Kagome turned her attention away from the scientist.

"Coming!" she ran down the stairs past Aryana, who followed her.

Soon the two of them were both in the enclosure trying to figure out the mattress.

"What is that thing supposed to be?" Sesshomaru asked from where he sat.

"It’s a bed. Or it will be as soon as we can figure out the stupid directions." Kagome didn’t look up as she spoke to him.

"Let me see it," he stood up and pulled the directions out of her hands. He looked at it for a few seconds, then down at the mattress. He slowly bent over and pulled a cord. It inflated immediately and they all jumped back from it.

"Well. That was a little bit of a shock," Kagome said as Aryana drug it to the shadowed part of the enclosure.

"I enjoyed that. What time is it?" Aryana asked her.

"Six-thirty. I’m heading home at seven," Kagome answered.

"Do you mind if Darby spends the night at your house? I invited her after the fight. She’s in the arcade. I’m staying here, as long as they do," Aryana crossed her arms.

"Why?" she asked.

"I made the mistake of leaving him here with them. I’m not happy about how that turned out," she said as she looked at the marks on his back from the whip as he walked towards the mattress. He carefully lowered himself onto it with a small sigh.

"This is strange," he said from the bed. "But I prefer it to the ground," he rolled over onto his back.

Aryana walked over and sat on the mattress beside him. She met his gaze and wished that she could touch his face. "Would you like me to sing to you?" she asked.

"Something from home," he smiled at her.

She started to sing a sweet lullaby from his time. He closed his eyes as she pushed some hair out of his face. It was so short. He was asleep. ‘He is so beautiful. I wish we had a full plan. But it’s getting there. Don’t worry Sesshomaru, I’ll get you home’.

She stood up and walked to the door. As they stepped out Lonla walked up to them and handed Kagome a bag. "This has Darby’s clothes in it. Just bring her to work with you tomorrow.

We are leaving early today," Lonla instructed.

"Okay. He is asleep," Aryana looked back at him.

"Do you care for that demon, girl?" Lonla narrowed her eyes at Aryana.

"Of course I care about him. I care about everything. I’m the kind of girl who marches outside animal testing labs. I just thought I would be more useful in here, taking care of him," Aryana explained.

"No, you care for him. You have feelings for him," Lonla accused her.

"Why do you say that?" Kagome put in.

"No girl looks at an animal like that. There was love in her eyes," Lonla shook her finger at the girls.

"I have a boyfriend, you know!" Aryana defended.

"What’s his name?" Lonla shot at her.

"Sho. His name is Sho Hinashe," Aryana lied.

"What color is his hair?" Lonla didn’t believe her.

"Black hair, brown eyes. He is 16. His birthday was last month. He lives in the next town over. I met him at a bonfire three months ago." Aryana spouted off.

"Sure. I want to meet him," Lonla said. "Tomorrow. Here."

"Fine! He’ll be here!" Aryana stalked out of the lab.

"What are you going to do?" Kagome asked. "You don’t have a boyfriend!"

"Kagome, can I barrow Inuyasha?" Aryana asked.

Chapter End Notes:
I wish for reviews!!!!!!!! Please Plese Please!!!!!!!! *cyber begging* Please Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!!!!!!!