- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, okay?!?! Gosh!!!!!!! 
Soon the two girls were sitting in the garden. Aryana was braiding flowers into Rin’s hair. "Would you like me to play for you?" she asked as she pulled a flute out of her bag.

"Yes, I would love it!" Rin replied happily.

So Aryana started to play a joy full tune on her flute. Rin stood up and started to dance. Aryana also stood, and danced with the smaller girl as she continued to play the song. The sound of the music drifted on the wind where it met the ears of Sesshomaru.No grudge. How can neither of them bare a grudge? Their whole family. I remember hearing about that massacre. And all that were involved disappeared. I bet it was her. She said she took revenge on those involved. They deserved it. . . .Is that a flute? Who is playing a flute? Sesshomaru thought as he walked along the path through his garden. He followed it to see the two of them dancing to the music of the flute. She is so graceful. How can she manage to smell like that? She smells like roses and pine needles. What a strange combination. He walked a little closer to them. Aryana was in mid-spin, and was coming strait toward him. She saw him once she was pretty close, and tried to stop. But she had been going too fast, and when she tried to stop so abruptly, she lost her balance. And she ran into him, sending both of them toppling to the ground.

In the confusion before they could stand up, their lips touched. They both acted as if nothing had happened, but they both would have been blushing if they didn’t both wear a mask of sorts. Sesshomaru hid behind a mask of no emotion. While Aryana hid behind a mask of constant happiness. They were the only ones who could smell the embarrassment of the other.

"I’m sorry!" Aryana squeaked as he stood up. Oh my God! He’s going to kill me! she thought as she scrambled to her feet. Then she noticed her flute. It was lying on the ground and it had been broken in half. "Oh no!!" she cried as she fell to her knees. She took a piece of her flute in each hand, and stared down at it.

"What’s wrong?" Rin rushed t her side.

"My flute! I broke my flute!" she wailed.

"It’s okay! I’ll find you a brand knew one!!" Rin tried to comfort her, unsuccessfully.

"It was my mother’s flute! It is all I have left of her! I can mend it with magic, but it can never be the same!!!" Aryana sobbed.

"I’m sure you can fix it. It’s okay. And if you can’t, we’ll find someone who can!" Rin said certainly.

"Maybe Suneilyn can fix it!" Aryana said hopefully, as she wiped her tears on one of the sleeves of her kimono.

"Who is Suneilyn?" Rin asked.

"She is my fairy. Like a guardian angle, only smaller. She is very good at things like this. I’d just have to call her," Aryana’s spirits lifted. "I’m very sorry for falling on you, Lord Sesshomaru!!" she yelled as she and Rin ran out of the garden with the broken flute.

"How are you going to call her?" Rin asked once they were outside the castle gates.

"I’m going to whistle," she replied. Then she turned to the sky and whistled three clear notes. "Now we wait," she said as the two took seats on the ground. It was a good hour before they heard a soft whistle from the distance.

Aryana stood and a tiny woman with bird wings landed on her shoulder. She was about five inches tall, dressed in black fabric, and very pretty.

"What did you do to it?" Suneilyn chirped as she examined the flute.

"She fell while she was playing for me," Rin answered her.

"Wait! You can understand her?!" Aryana stared at Rin.

"Yeah. She asked ‘what did you do to it?’. Didn’t she?" Rin asked.

"Yes that’s what I said. Most people can’t understand me, though, humans or demons. You must be one of the fairy children," Suneilyn said in a small but clear voice that sounded like bells.

"Not that I know of," Rin shook her head.

"You haven’t awoken your fairy yet?" the tiny woman asked.

"We can awaken her fairy later. Can you fix my flute?" Aryana broke in.

"I’ll need help from another fairy, but I can fix it," Suneilyn decided after inspecting it for a few more minutes.

"Time to awaken Rin’s fairy! To the garden!!" Aryana picked Rin up onto her back and shot back to the garden, with Suneilyn flying after them. They all shot past Sesshomaru, who was still standing where they had left him about and hour-and-a-half ago.

"Now you have to choose a bird. Close your eyes and concentrate. Reach out with your mind. Find your spirit-bird. It will be female. Then we will catch her and you will perform the spell to change her into your fairy," Suneilyn explained.

"What if we can’t catch her? And what if she would rather be a bird?" Rin worried.

"I’m a cat demon. I can catch a bird. And if she is your spirit-bird, she will be happy to become a fairy," Aryana laughed a little.

Sesshomaru still stood where they had left him. What could they be up to? He wondered, and decided to follow them. He came up on them and listened to what they were discussing.

"Close your eyes, and reach out with your mind," Aryana instructed Rin. She did, and in about five minutes she opened them and pointed to a bird in a tree that was not to far from them.

Then he heard a small sound that seemed to come from Aryana’s shoulder. Rin nodded toward the space the sound had come from.

"I felt my mind touch it," Rin said. Both girls seemed to focus on the same thing, and it was apparently moving down onto the ground.

"I’ll get it!" Aryana stood slowly. Then, without warning, she shot forward. She grabbed the bird that Rin had pointed at. She clasped it in her hands, without harming it.

He heard the small bell-like sound again.

"Rin do you know where the kitchen is?" Aryana asked.

"Follow me!!" Rin stood up and shot down the path, running into him. He didn’t fall this time, but Rin did.

"What is that bell noise? What are you two doing?" Sesshomaru interrogated them, "And what do you plan on doing with that poor bird?"

"The bell noise is Suneilyn. Men can’t see her, because she is a fairy. We are awakening Rin’s fairy. And we were going to borrow some sugar, and a few other things from the kitchen, so we could make the bird a fairy!" Aryana explained.

"The kitchen is this way!" Rin grabbed Aryana’s hand and the two girls took off for the kitchen, with Suneilyn following. "What do we need from the kitchen?"

"Have you ever heard ‘Sugar and spice and every thing nice that’s what little girls are made of’? Well that and a bird is what fairies are made of.

"You are going to put your bird in a jar. With some sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Then you have to put in two of your hairs, and cover it in a piece silk. When you remove it, you’ve got a fairy," Suneilyn explained from Aryana’s shoulder.

Soon they were in the kitchen with the "poor bird" in a jar. Rin pored a spoon of sugar and cinnamon on top of it. Then she put one drop of vanilla on it’s head. Then Aryana untied her sash, and Rin threw it over the jar. When she removed it, there was a tiny woman inside it. Once she was out of the jar, Rin wrapped her in the sash, until they got her some clothes.

Aryana disappeared and came back with a little gray dress that was a bit too big for her. As soon as she had it on, it turned bright pink. The fairy was a little smaller than Suneilyn. That was to be expected, considering that they were different kinds of bird.

"The dress changed to her aura's color. I will make her a dress of her own later. That is Suneilyn's, and doesn't fit her," Aryana told Rin.

"She is lovely," Rin said as the small woman flew to land on her shoulder.

"My name is Rosalie," she spoke for the first time.

"I am Rin, and I’m going to take good care of you," Rin smiled at Rosalie, and the four set to work to fix Aryana’s flute.

Chapter End Notes:
My second chapter!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Review please!!!!!!!!!!!!