- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or it's characters. I make no money off this story.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: No, I don't own Inuyasha.
Aryana was a beautiful cat demon. She appeared at about 17, as apposed to her true age. Which was 729. She had jet-back hair that reached the ground when she let it down. But she always wore it in a tight braid. She had eyes that were bluer than a sapphire in the sun. She was a Taiyokai, like Sesshomaru. But her clan had been slaughtered by dog demons when she was of 14 years. Yet she bore dog demons no grudge. But she had hunted down every single one that had anything to do with it, and killed them. When she was around 473 years, her best friend, Izayoi, died of Scarlet Fever. Leaving her six-year-old son, Inuyasha, in Aryana’s care. She raised him to fight for what he wanted and believed in, and taught him to wield a sword. When she was 669, he had left to seek possession of the Shikon Jewel. She hadn’t seen him in 60 years.

He would be 250 years old now. I understand my mom now, Aryana thought as she walked through the trees, They sure do grow up fast. She was snapped out of her memories by a call for help and the scent of blood. Without a second thought, she shot off through the trees. She found a young girl running for her life, from a large lizard demon. Aryana sprung forward and slashed the demon in half with her claws.

"Are you alright?" Aryana walked over to the girl, who was trying to catch her breath. She was human, and looked to be around 8 years. Her arm was bleeding, and she had twigs tangled in her hair.

"Thank you. . .for saving me. . .I’m fine," she panted out.

"That’s a pretty nasty cut you’ve got there. Would you like me to bandage that for you? I have what I need with me. We would just have to walk to the stream that’s not far from here, so I could clean it," Aryana offered.

"Thank you. It hurts," the girl looked down her arm. The cut had severely damaged her kimono, and ran from her elbow to her wrist. Blood dripped from her hand.

Most children would be screaming now. And she didn’t run, even though I’m a demon. What a strange girl, Aryana thought as the girl followed her the short distance to the stream.

"What were you doing in the middle of the forest?" Aryana asked as she pulled up the girl’s kimono sleeve.

"I was looking for berries. I had found enough to eat, and was about to come and wash them. But I dropped my basket when that stupid lizard attacked me," the girl said sadly. "What is your name? I’m Rin,"

"My name is Aryana. Where are your parents?" she asked as she carefully washed the cut out.

"They died a few years ago. Bandits killed them. That’s why I’m more afraid of bandits than demons. At least demons have a reason when they kill. Even if it is for food. Bandits had no cause in killing my family," Rin explained.

"Demons don’t always kill for a reason. Dog demons killed my clan. Simply because we were cats and they were dogs. They killed women and children alike. It didn’t matter. I escaped with my sister through a tunnel under our home. We tried to run, but one caught up to us. He grabbed us both and told us that he was going to kill us. But we fought him. I was only 14 and my power was small. My sister, Konela, was a year younger than me. We killed him out of pure luck and the fact that he was drunk. We were the only ones to survive. She seeks revenge against all dog demons. I killed every one of them that had anything to do with the slaughter of my clan. But beyond that, I bear no grudge on dog demons," Aryana shrugged. Her sister had a tendency of holding grudges. She had been notorious for it in the family’s home.

"Lord Sesshomaru is a dog demon. He takes care of me. I live in his castle when we aren’t traveling. He was away for today, but he’ll be back tomorrow morning. I wandered to far from Master Jaken. I bet he’s worried," Rin stood up as soon as Aryana had finished bandaging her arm.

"I still want to cook for you," Aryana smiled as she stood up.

"My camp is this way," Rin said as she started to walk into the trees.

Soon the two girls were eating beside a roaring fire, as Jaken sulked in the background.

"Where is your home?" Rin asked.

"Don’t have one. I never really needed one, I guess," Aryana shrugged.

"Wold you like to travel with us? I would love to have a friend to play with. Like a big sister. And I like you," Rin asked.

"I would love it. I’m sick of being alone anyway. A little sister is just what I want. But you’d better ask Lord Sesshomaru before I say yes for sure," Aryana said as she leaned against Ah-Un’s side.

"I’ll ask as soon as he returns!" Rin yawned and leaned her head against Aryana’s shoulder, and fell fast asleep. Aryana smiled and pulled her head down to rest in her own lap. Then she rested her head against the dragon that lay behind her, and also fell asleep.

The next morning she awoke to the sunlight warming her hair. She looked across the clearing to see a demon under a tree, sleeping. That must be Sesshomaru. He is gorgeous. Aryana thought as she looked at his sleeping face. The light fell through the branches, showering him in an almost green light. He looks like a god. He belongs in a daydream. She stroked Rin’s hair softly as she watched his eyes open.

She’s still here. I wonder how Rin was hurt. Jaken is useless. A cat demon of all things. She is beautiful, for a cat. . . And I did not just think that, Sesshomaru thought as he observed the way the sunlight lit up half of her face from where it shown. He decided to get up before he thought anything else like that.

"Aryana?" Rin mumbled as she sat up.

"Mm-hm," Aryana stood up to help Rin to her feet. "How is your arm feeling?"

"Much better. Still hurts a little, but not much really," Rin smiled.

"It will probably leave a bit of a scar," Aryana warned her.

"Lord Sesshomaru!!" Rin rushed over to him and bowed. Then, remembering Aryana she said, "I wandered to far from camp, and a big lizard demon attacked me. This is Aryana. She saved me. And bandaged my arm for me. She is very nice, and I like her a lot. Can she travel with us? To keep me company while you are away? I like Master Jaken, but I want a friend," Rin looked up at him with begging eyes.

"Does she wish to travel with us?" Sesshomaru asked, glancing over at Aryana for a second.

"She doesn’t have a home. I asked her, and she said she would like to accompany us, if you would allow her to," Rin chose her words carefully. The last thing she wanted was for Lord Sesshomaru to think Aryana had just invited herself along.

"Very well. We are leaving in an hour," he said.

"Thank you!!" she bowed and hugged his legs before running over to Aryana.

Soon Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken were all riding on Ah-Un. For the lack of room, Aryana had offered to fly. She insisted that riding made her feel uneasy, and she would really rather fly.

Sesshomaru was a little surprised. He could summon his cloud, or turn into the light orb, but she could fly. Just outright, flying. She spread her arms and lifted off of the ground.

As they headed for his castle, Aryana turned flips and did intricate flying patterns in the sky, to entertain Rin.

"Wow," Aryana whispered as they touched ground. She was staring up at the castle before her.

"Lord Sesshomaru, welcome home," several servants came hurrying up to them.

"Prepare a room adjoining Rin’s, for our guest," Sesshomaru instructed an elderly looking demoness.

With a shock, Aryana realized that she was a cat demon. And with a much bigger shock she realized that she recognized her. "Linlia?? Grandmother Linlia?!?"

"Aryana?" the woman’s eyes widened as she saw Aryana walk out from behind Ah-Un.

"I thought that Konela and I were the only ones to escape!" Aryana stared at Linlia in disbelief.

"And I thought that I was alone all of these years!" the two cat demons beamed at each other.

"Where have you been? I see you hold no grudge," they both knew that she spoke of a grudge towards dog demons, and silently agreed not to mention it in front of one.

"I’ve been here. For the past 715 years. And I see you also hold no grudge," the old woman observed.

"Not on all. But I took revenge on all that were involved. Konela holds a grudge," Aryana shook her head.

"What do you speak of?" Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed at them.

"She was part of my clan, long ago. She and I are two of the three to escape when our village was attacked, My Lord," Linlia said with a bow.

"Why do you speak of grudges and bearing none?" he was not satisfied.

"Because their village was slaughtered by dog demons," Rin whispered as she looked down at the ground.

"I see," with that Sesshomaru walked through the gates to his castle.

"Well that could have gone a lot worse," Jaken said as he hopped off of Ah-Un’s back. Everyone agreed.

"Come on, Aryana. I want to show you the garden," Rin said as she pulled Aryana along behind her by her hand.

Chapter End Notes:
What do you think? Reiview and tell me!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!