- Text Size +

His heart sped up immediately, as he nervously looked around the table. No one else was noticing his panic, which he was glad, but at the same time he wished someone would so they could calm him down. It wasn’t that he had feelings for her still, or that he was nervous about his first impression years later. It wasn’t that he wanted to get with her, or anything. He didn’t know why he was reacting like this. But he wanted to get away from the situation.

“Uh… how about we go somewhere else? Get some air? I can barely breathe in here.” He said, trying to mask his discomfort. “Its perfectly fine in here, Inuyasha. You’re just not used to the fun life anymore.” Kouga joked, nudging Inuyasha in the side. He slightly choked on his drink, as Miroku patted his back.

“You need to loosen up, bro. You’re completely tense.” Inuyasha shot a look at Miroku, before ignoring what he said and starting a new conversation.

“So, that girl. Did you get her number? Eh?”

Miroku smiled proudly. “I definitely did. I’ll be definitely gettin’ some-”

“Is that Inuyasha?”

No one else heard it but him. Because no one else knew she was here. From the corner of his eye, he saw exactly who he thought it was- Kikyou. She was pointing at him, and her friend nodded, and began talking. Probably about him. Kikyou was probably talking about how much of a jerk he was. How much he broke her heart. And any kind of complaint from their relationship years ago she could possibly dig up from the back of her mind.

Or, was it in the front? Maybe Kikyou missed him. Maybe that’s why she was so interested in whether it was him or not. Maybe she somehow knew he was coming tonight, and she decided to also. Maybe she was creating some secret plan to steal him away from Kagome.

Or maybe he was just going insane.

He looked down at his half-full glass, and just chugged it. If he was going to have any success in ‘taking a break’ and having ‘some fresh air’, he had to forget that Kikyou was there.

“Is there something wrong, man? Do you need to go home?” Shippou looked concerned, looking across the table at him. Inuyasha shook his head, and called the waitress over. “I-I’ll have another.” He said confidently, looking up at her. “Uhm… okay…” The waitress said uneasily, rushing towards the bar to fill the glass once more. Miroku raised his eyebrow at Inuyasha, but didn’t say anything.

Inuyasha glanced over again, and she was gone. He breathed a deep sigh of relief, as the waitress brought over his next drink. He took a pretty large sip, and the night continued of talking, joking around, and the occasional paranoid glance around the bar for the ex-girlfriend.

--

As his car drove up the driveway, and he set it in park, he glanced at the time. 1:30am. Kagome would be furious. “What is she gonna think? What do I tell her?” He said to himself, buzzed by a mix of alcohol and sleep deprivation. Lucky him, no cops had been on the road, to see him swerving through lanes. “I just tell her the truth. Cause there’s nothing wrong with it. I went out drinking with some friends.” He finally decided, as he took a deep breath.

Taking his keys out of the ignition, he stepped outside and towards the front door. He dug in his pocket for his keys, realizing he didn’t take them with him today. He let out a long, irritated sigh, as he rang the doorbell. “Way to go, Inuyasha. Piss her off even more.”

And sure enough, she showed up at the door, bags under her eyes, and in her pajamas.

“And where were you?” She said, with an irritated look on her face. “It’s one thirty in the morning.” “Can I come inside first?” He asked, with a crooked smile, and she let out an aggravated noise and stepped to the side to let him in. “Now will you answer my question?” She asked, refusing to let it drop. “I just caught up with some old friends at the bar,” He said truthfully. “Lost track of time.”

“Okay. Whatever.” Whether she believed him or not he didn’t know, but she just trudged upstairs, finally being able to go to bed without worrying. He let out a soft sigh, feeling bad for keeping her up so late. I could’ve called. He thought to himself. But, too late now.

After removing his shoes and jacket, he walked upstairs as well. Kagome had already fallen asleep on her side of the bed, snoring softly. He removed most of his clothes, down to his boxers, and crept in next to her. He layed on his back, looking straight up at the ceiling. And then he turned to Kagome.

She’s so beautiful. He thought to himself, studying her peaceful face. I’m sorry, Kagome. I’ll make it up to you.

And he swore to himself that he would, before his eyes closed and before he knew it he had drifted into a soft sleep, comfortable and warm.

--

Inuyasha?” Kikyou asked, standing behind him. He turned around, revealing her beautiful calm face. “Kikyou?” He asked back to her.

It’s been so long,” She started.”I’ve missed you.” She let a soft smile creep up her face, as she moved a little closer.

He shifted nervously,a flush coming up his face. He could feel the heat in his cheeks. “Ha, yeah, you’re right.” He didn’t step back from her figure coming towards him.

Where have you been?” She asked innocently. “I never see you around anymore. Have some big professional job?”

Yeah, something like that.”

She giggled. “You, a businessman? I can’t see it.” She moved even closer. “I must admit, I have been thinking about you a lot lately…” She was within inches of his face, and he made no attempt to move. The redness in his face increased, and his eyes slightly widened.

Y-You have? Why, Kikyou?”

Her long, delicate fingers touched his tie, and tugged on it slightly. She bit her lip, and gazed deep into his eyes. His lips craved hers. But he wouldn’t let himself pursue her.

Seeing you the other day, in the bar… got me thinking… about the past…”

About the past? What about the-”

And he was cut off by her soft lips covering his. She pulled him closer and continued to kiss him, and they leaned into eachother.

I’ve been wanting to tell you how much I want-”

--

And he shot up in his bed, panting. He looked over at Kagome, still sleeping peacefully, then let his body fall back on the mattress.