- Text Size +
A/N: A few Inuyasha drabbles. I don’t know how well this will turn out, but be easy on the flames, okay?

Disclaimer: Yes, I own Inuyasha and everyone else! Mwahahahaha!!! Actually, no I don’t. Inuyasha and all associated characters belong to the brilliant Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media. I only use them for my demented and idiotic story ideas.

-*-*-

Miroku’s Mistake

Kagome watched the setting sun with obvious apprehension. Tonight was the night. The dreadful, dangerous night that came every twenty-eight days. The night of the new moon. The night when Inuyasha became human.

She sighed and turned away from the west horizon. Sitting down next to Inuyasha, she rested her head in one hand and looked around at the group. Sango was leaned against a tree, her eyes closed. She wasn’t asleep, but resting while she still had the chance. Once the sun went down, none of them would be getting any sleep. As always, she was on guard against the wandering hand of a certain lecherous houshi. Her companion, the two-tailed demon fire cat Kirara was curled up in her lap, purring happily.

Miroku was sitting cross-legged on the ground in front of the fire, poking it occasionally with a stick to keep it from dying down. Shippo, the little fox demon kit, was sitting in Miroku’s lap, dozing. Every now and then, he would twitch because of something he saw in his dreams.

Kagome’s gaze rested on Inuyasha. He was watching the sun with cold golden eyes, one had gripping the hilt of Testsusaiga protectively. Once the sun set, the sword wouldn’t react to him, but he always kept it close nonetheless.

With a last scarlet burst, the sun sank behind the mountains and shadow enveloped the land. Inuyasha’s hand tightened around the hilt of his sword as his eyes began to shimmer and darken to blue. His hair slowly turned black and his dog ears lowered on his skull until they were normal human ears. The now-human Inuyasha sighed.

“Eight hours of torture left,” he said, looking around. Kagome patted his shoulder reassuringly.

“Don’t worry, Inuyasha. We’re here with you. Everything will be fine,” she said. He turned his navy-blue eyes on her and blinked.

“Feh. I never said I was worried,” he retorted, pulling away from her touch. Kagome recoiled, her eyes sad.

“Inuyasha, Kagome never said anything of the sort. She only said that we’re here for you,” said Miroku reproachfully. Inuyasha rolled his eyes.

“Whatever. I’m going to walk around for a little while. I’ll be back later,” he said, standing up and striding into the woods.

Kagome stood up too and walked away in the opposite direction.

“Sango, you go after Kagome. I’ll go and find Inuyasha. He’s in no condition to go wandering around on his own.” The demon slayer nodded and went after Kagome.

Miroku moved Shippo off of his lap and put him next to Kirara. “Watch him for me. We’ll be back soon,” he told the fire cat. Kirara meowed in agreement.

Miroku smiled and followed after Inuyasha. After a few minutes, he came to a stream and saw a figure with long black hair sitting next to it, gazing into the water. Miroku looked around. It seemed he had found Kagome instead of Inuyasha, and since Sango was nowhere to be found . . . . .

He grinned and crept closer to the unsuspecting girl. Reaching out one hand, he gently touched her bottom, stroking it gently.


“AHHHH!!!!! DAMN IT MIROKU!!!!” Miroku opened his eyes as an angry Inuyasha whirled around to face him. As the realization of what he had just done hit him, he sank to the ground, clutching his hand.

“Oh Gods, what have I done? I’ve been contaminated!” he cried, plunging his hand into the water.

“What do you mean contaminated?!” demanded Inuyasha, his fist drawn back, ready to punch Miroku.

“I swear I’ll never touch another black-haired girl again!” he said, his body shaking. “At least, not on the night of the new moon,” he added in a whisper, grinning to himself.

The moral of the story is: never touch someone’s backside unless you know for certain it’s a girl. Even then, it’s probably better to keep your hands to yourself . . . . .