- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Osuwari means sit, and Kenyo decides to tell Kagashe who she is really like.  Kikyo and Inuyasha meet and something surprising happens, read to find out.  Please review!
Chapter 4

The Departure

Three days after the fight, Kagashe picked up her sword, which she had laid down to get her bottle filled up, and everyone headed towards Lady Kaede’s village. Once there Kagashe asked, “Is he always like this?” “Yes!” Kagome said, picking up a stick, “Fetch boy!” Inuyasha took off after the stick that Kagome had thrown. “Tell me why, are you after Naraku?” Kagome asked. “Mm... I suppose it is because of you two,” Kagashe said. “Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled, “Quit treating me like a dog!” “You’re the one who fell for it,” Kagashe said. Kagon said, sweetly, “Kagashe!” “Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari girl!” CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! Kagashe crashed to the ground face first, and Kagon stormed off. Everyone stared and Miroku and Sango, who were still laughing at Inuyasha, went inside. Kagashe pulled herself out of the crater and said, “What’s Kagon’s problem, I was just being honest.” Kagome sighed and shook her head from side to side. “What’s with you?” Inuyasha asked, coming over. “Oh! Nothing,” Kagome said, looking at the sky. All of a sudden, Inuyasha noticed a soul collector near some trees. Kagashe walked over, after getting up and said, “To live without true love is to live a lie and destroy yourself, I must go.” Kagashe took off following a silver trail. “Oh man, she’s right,” Inuyasha said, taking off in the direction of Kikyo’s soul collector. “Wait! Where are you two going?” Kagome yelled, but then she noticed what was ahead. Just then Kagon returned, and demanded, “Where’s Kagashe?” “Went that way,” Kagome said pointing in the direction Kagashe left in. Kagon looked in the direction Kagome pointed in, and said, “Why that stupid, simple-minded, two-timing, fool, does she want to die like Kenyo?” Kagon steamed. “Wait,” Kagome said, “Are you saying that there is another guy after her?” “Leave me alone!” Kagon yelled, and he took off following the silver trail. Kagome then went after Inuyasha. As they ran through the forest, Inuyasha and Kagashe said to themselves, “I’ve got to break the connection.” Kagashe said, “There is no way I am going to do what my father is trying to do.” “Kikyo, sorry things never worked out,” Inuyasha said.
Just then a voice said, “Inuyasha?” Inuyasha looked up and saw Kikyo. “Kikyo…” Inuyasha started. Kikyo said, “Inuyasha, I’m leaving, I can’t take Kagome away from you now.” “Huh!” Inuyasha stared blankly at Kikyo. “You will find out why later; Kagome holds a secret to your life,” Kikyo said, and with the help of the soul collectors, she flew away. Inuyasha blinked, and Kagome showed up. “What happened?” Kagome asked. “She knew what I was going to say before I said it,” Inuyasha said, “Come on lets go.” “But…” Kagome said. “What?” Inuyasha asked. “Will she be back?” Kagome asked, hesitant. “Kikyo said she was leaving,” Inuyasha said.
Meanwhile, Kagashe had met a horse with a silver tail, mane, and white body standing in the middle of the road. Kagashe stopped and a guy in silverish purple, with golden hair, got off the horse. “Kenyo, I came to see you about something,” Kagashe said. “Yes!” Kenyo said. “Get off my back you’re dead,” Kagashe yelled. Kenyo was shocked, and was speechless for a second. “So you think you can’t fall onto your father’s path!” Kenyo said. “What was that?!” Kagashe steamed. “You are already like him in so many ways,” Kenyo said, walking off followed by the horse. Kagashe grabbed her sword, and yelled, “Kenyo you get back here! Right now!” As the two of them vanished, Kenyo’s voice said, “Be careful Kagashe; don’t get pinned to some tree like your father did.” “Yeah well if that is my fate then I would gladly take it!” Kagashe yelled. “Don’t give me any ideas,” Kagon said, pointing an arrow at Kagashe. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t pin you to that sacred tree behind you,” Kagon said. Kagashe turned around and said, “I… I only came to break the connection I have with Kenyo.” Kagon lowered his bow and said, “Good enough lets go.” Kagashe nodded, followed Kagon, and said, “You know I wasn’t really serious when I said that.” “Then you didn’t break the connection, did you?” Kagon yelled. “Well I tried, but…” Kagashe started, but noticed the look on Kagon’s face, which silenced her in fear. “Kagashe!” Kagon said loudly. Kagashe didn’t say anything. Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari! Osuwari girl!” Kagon yelled. CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! Kagashe crashed into a crater. Kagon then stormed back to Lady Kaede’s house.
Once at the house, Kagome, Inuyasha, and Shippo were standing outside, when Kagon stormed in. Kagome said, “I wonder what she did this time!” “What do you mean?” Inuyasha asked. “She means what did Kagashe do to make Kagon osuwari her!” Shippo yelled. “And you were worried about turning out like Miroku,” Kagome said. Shippo got quiet.
Three minutes later, Kagashe came out of the Inuyasha forest. “What happened?” Kagome asked. “Something came out wrong,” Kagashe said, “Where’s Kagon?” “In the house,” Inuyasha answered.
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and charactors do not belong to me, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi, however Kagashe, Kenyo, Kagon, Shanaru, and Sanku belong to me.