- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ahhh finally got this up ! :) I was originally going to upload this on the 25th but as you all know the website was down, and I have to say those were the worst 3 days of my life *sniffle* 

Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 3

 

Kagome hesitated. Ayumi asked, "Kagome, are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm still here. I just don't want to continue..."

"Come on," Ayumi coaxed. "It was getting good," she joked lightly.

Kagome smiled. "I guess so. But before I start, I just want to say that he didn't remember me."

Ayumi gasped. "The nerve of that guy!"

"You'll find out why when I finish." Kagome inhaled deeply and exhaled. "Alright, well then..."

***Flashback continuation***

InuYasha felt it. The déjà-vu that he was forgetting something. He looked the girl over, her long raven hair cascading down her back. Her bright brown eyes blinking innocently at him. Her growing figure, and her small feet. He glanced at her soft full pink lips curved into a genuine smile. "Who the hell are you?"

Kagome froze. Those three words sent a chill down her spine, the three words she had dreaded if she were to ever see InuYasha again. Who. Are. You. "I've been thinking about you all this time... And you don't..." Kagome sank to her knees and buried her face in her hands. "Why? You promised!" she sobbed.

InuYasha shifted uncomfortably. "Listen, I'm a bit busy right now. I have to do something. See ya." He walked around her only to be stopped by her hand tightly gripping his calf. "Oi, let go, wench!"

"InuYasha..." she murmured, her bangs covering her eyes. "Please tell me this isn't true. You must remember me. I'm your first friend, Kagome."

"K-Kagome?" he whispered, her name sending a jolt of electricity through his body. He whipped around. "Oh shit!" He remembered everything. The play dates, the truth, the sealing of the well. "KAGOME?!" He smirked. "You grew up."

Kagome lifted her head up, her eyes smiling as she was pleased to hear his voice drop it's defensive tone and open up to her. "So did you! You have such a handsome face."

He blushed. "Keh!"

"InuYasha, you're a teenager now?" Kagome asked with excitement.

"Yeah," he smirked. "I'm 13."

"Wowwwww! You're going protect me in case any bad boys who try to beat me up right?" Kagome grinned, swinging her arms around him and hugging him tightly.

"Of course I will!" InuYasha answered. Suddenly, his face fell. "I feel so guilty now. I mean, you remembered me but I didn't even recognize you..."

"Well, I don't exactly stand out," Kagome joked, motioning to her black hair and brown eyes. "But as for you, Mr. InuYasha, not many people around here have pretty golden eyes and long white silver hair, and cute furry dog ears. Which are still begging for me to touch them, if I might add?" She leaned up and rubbed InuYasha's ears with soothing touches.

He growled softly in pleasure. Kagome giggled and stopped. InuYasha stuttered, "W-why'd you stop, wench?!"
Kagome laughed and didn't answer. A thought rushing into her mind, she asked, "Where's your mother?"

InuYasha's face hardened lightly in defense. "She died."

Kagome gasped. "H-how?"

He shrugged. "She got an illness and I couldn't do anything about it."

Kagome muttered angrily, "If only I was there! My Jii-chan has a ton of ancient medicine that work like a charm. I'm sure it would've healed your mother..."

InuYasha smiled. "It's in the past. I can't bring her back now."

"When'd she die?"

"Ah, I think it was when I was 11 almost 12." InuYasha threw pebbles to see how far they would go.

"Oh, yeah!" Kagome suddenly exclaimed. "You said you had to do something and I'm holding you up, aren't I?" Kagome laughed apologetically. "Sorry."

"It's okay, I guess. It's really not that important."

"No, I insist." Kagome waved her hands dismissively. "To be honest, I'm a bit upset that you have to go on the day of our little reunion, but really I won't stop-" Her eyes widened, her cheeks flaming.

InuYasha lightly brushed his lips against Kagome's cheeks. He whispered, "I told you that it's not important, wench. But I'm flattered that you care so much."

Kagome's face was a deep red, her mind spinning. If we were kids, I wouldn't care... But InuYasha's a boy and a teenager! He's an older man! "I-InuYasha, but I said I insist."

"Ah, shut it," he argued, pulling away. "We have some catching up to do, don't we?"

The rest of Kagome's blush died down and she nodded. "We sure do." Kagome suddenly took InuYasha's hands in her own. "InuYasha, we have to meet each other again. Like we used to when we were little."

"But your mom-"

Kagome put a finger to his lips. "Do you not remember what I said when we departed? Take me somewhere we can be alone. And this is the place." She smiled. "Where we met." She noticed his look of disapproval. "Come on, InuYasha. I can tell you're not as soft as you used to be. You won't let those dumb hanyou comments get to you right?"

"Damn right I won't!"

"Then let's meet here again. Tomorrow night."

"Why at night?"

"Because I have school."

"Sa-kool?" InuYasha repeated. "What the hell is that?"

Kagome gasped. "You don't know what school is?! I'll have to take you to my-" She paused. "Oh right. I can't..."

InuYasha shrugged. "It's okay, I'll find out sooner or later." He smirked. "Okay, tomorrow night. Wear something sexy," he teased his voice low and husky.

Blushing madly, she playfully pushed him and stuttered, "I-InuYasha, s-stop!"

Laughing, he got up and extended his hand for Kagome to take. She ignored him and got up by herself. Turning her back to him with a loud "hmph!" she walked ahead of him. He used his hanyou speed and caught up with her. Slipping an arm around her waist, he murmured in her ear, "Babe, you mad at me?"

Instantly, she jumped back blushing and yelled, "Ugh! You're such a prick!"

InuYasha chuckled. "I just can't help it! You're so funny when you're flustered."

Kagome huffed, "Don't play with my emotions!"

InuYasha licked his lips. "Who's playing?"

Kagome rolled her eyes. "InuYasha..." she warned.

"Alright, alright. But damn, Kagome, I just wanna say you're growing into a fine woman!"

Kagome blushed. "G-geez, InuYasha! When did you turn into such a hentai?"

"Well, I am older, you know. I remember last year I saw this girl..."

Kagome blushed. "I-InuYasha..." she warned.

"Damn, that girl was sexyyyy. I just wanted to squeeze that-" InuYasha stopped wheen he felt a chill down his spine.

"InuYasha, you BAKA!" Kagome pushed him and ran marched deeper into the forest angrily. She yelled over her shoulder, "Don't follow me, Teinosha!"

InuYasha stood still. His ear twitched when he heard approaching footsteps. His muscles tensed. He wouldn't let anybody come near Kagome. But he relaxed slightly when he saw who it was. "Ah, if it isn't Princess?" he sneered.

The girl's eyes scanned his appearance. "You have changed."
"Damn right I have."

"What happened to the scared child I ran into last year?" She walked past him to a bush and began plucking berries off.

"He's gone," InuYasha informed arrogantly. "And he's been replaced with a new guy."

"I liked your past self better."

"That's mean. But you've changed too, Princess. Damn, what an ass."

She shifted slightly, her eyes narrowed. "Go on."

"Your hair's gotten longer. But your personality ruins your beautiful image, you know."

"It is necessary for my occupation."

"Oh really, Miko-sama?" He mocked.

"Yes."

"Is it necessary for your occupation to have such nice-"

She fixed him with a blood chilling glare. He snickered. They settled into a comfortable silence. He broke it when he asked, "You never told me your name."

"It's none of your concern." Half-breed. The words almost tumbled out from her lips. But she held them back.

"I'll tell you mine."

The girl hesitated before opening her mouth. "It's..."

"INUYASHA!!"

5 minutes previous...

Kagome sat huddled under the protection of the small dip in the ground, the drooping branch of a weeping willow tree shielding her from the harmful sun rays. I told that idiot not to follow me... I didn't think he'd actually listen to me... Kagome sweat dropped and sighed. So while I was at home thinking nonstop about InuYasha, he had the decency to ogle another girl...? Rage slowly boiled inside of her. But it quickly subsided. Then again he didn't even remember me. Maybe our friendship was just too good to be true. He changed so much in three years. It must be because his mother died.

She froze when she heard a scratchy voice say, "Well... what do we have here?" It chuckled darkly and an orange eye peeked in. "Oh, how fantastic! A fragile human girl." Kagome shivered and screamed as she came face-to-face with a giant spider youkai. Eyes watering, she whimpered. S-s-spider...

"INUYASHA!!"

InuYasha's head turned sharply to the source of Kagome's scream. He said to the girl, "We'll continue this later." He sprinted and took off in the direction Kagome had left. He kept running but was confused when after 10 minutes it seemed like he had traveled in a gigantic circle. InuYasha growled. "A barrier... Dammit! KAGOME!"

Kagome started crying. "InuYasha hates me! And I hate him! I'm gonna die!"

Suddenly, the spider screeched and fell to its side, its golden eyes glazing.

"InuYasha?" Kagome whispered.

A boy with black hair and green eyes stepped out. "Hurry, follow me! The spider is just paralyzed for a few moments!" He grabbed Kagome's hand. "Let's go!"

Kagome ran after him blindly, trying to collect her thoughts. She snapped to attention when she almost tripped over a rock. "Hey, who are you?"

"I'm Kazuki," he answered. "And you?"

"Kagome."

"Kagome..." he echoed. "Nice name." He suddenly stopped when they arrived at an abandoned area and he opened the door to a hut. He closed the door once Kagome got in and blocked it with some sort of contraption.

Eyeing the board he used to block the door, Kagome observed, "You've hid here before?"

Kazuki nodded. "There are so many youkai in this area, we usually put up a barrier so they don't get out of control and raid other villages. After a while, our villagers decided that we should learn how to fight the youkai so we can defend ourselves. The barrier has weakened because the village head has fallen ill. So that spider youkai found its way out."

"So that means there are tons of youkai here?" Kagome shuddered.

"If we continued traveling north, we would come across one or two."

"How'd you paralyze the spider? I don't see a weapon."

Kazuki smiled and reached into a small pocket. "This." He showed Kagome a small tube.

"What am I looking at?"

"Watch." He blew into the tube and a purple acid flew out, landing on the wall next to Kagome's head.

She squealed. "Be more careful with that thing!"

"Sorry, sorry. What were you doing in the forest by yourself? Surely your mother must have told you not to venture too far."
My mother does tell me that... But not for the other side of the well! Instead, Kagome answered, "I was with my friend but he annoyed me so I left. He didn't even bother coming to save me."

"What kind of friend is that?!" Kazuki grabbed Kagome's hand. "He doesn't even care for your safety."

Kagome blushed at the contact and looked into Kazuki's emerald eyes. "Your eyes... Are you a demon also?"

"No," he replied, using his other hand to push his bangs away from his eyes. "My mother is American. I'm a half."

"Oh. That explains your facial features." Kagome smiled.

Kazuki nodded. He jumped up, shielding Kagome. "It's here. Don't move at all. And don't speak."

The youkai peeked into the hut. After 5 minutes of staring, it gave up. "They're not in this hut either."

Before Kagome could sigh loudly in relief, Kazuki pressed his hands against her lips and shook his head. Whispering so silently, that Kagome strained to hear him, "He's trying to trick us. He's feigning defeat to see if we'll speak or come out of the hut."

Kagome nodded and kept quiet.

Suddenly, Kazuki relaxed heavily and plopped down next to Kagome. He noticed her clothes for the first time. "You don't look like you're from around here."

"I'm not. I live somewhere far away." Kagome squirmed under his bright gaze.

"That would explain why you're so carefree." Kazuki fiddled with his fingers.

Kagome smiled and the two fell into a comfortable silence. Suddenly, Kazuki got up.

"Ready to leave, Kagome?" he asked, reaching out his hand for her to take. Kagome accepted and got up. Kazuki unblocked the door with his free hand and he and Kagome ventured out into the slowly setting sun illuminated grassland. Kazuki walked to the border where the barrier and grassland met and saw InuYasha. "A youkai?"

Kagome stared at InuYasha in surprise. He was covered in scratches and his eyes shone with determination. "That's my friend."

Kazuki glanced at her. "Seems that he has been thinking of your safety." Kazuki smiled. "Go on."

Kagome looked at him. Without thinking, she flung her arms around him and buried her head on his shoulder. "Thanks for protecting me, Kazuki."

Kazuki blushed lightly and grinned. "It was nothing, Kagome." She let go and he continued, "Maybe one day we'll meet again."

Kagome nodded. "Maybe." Walking off, she waved, "Bye Kazuki!"

He waved and watched as Kagome disappeared.

InuYasha sat down panting heavily. He got into position to aim another Sankontessuo at the kekkai when a flash of pink entered his gaze and the next thing he knew he was laying down, his back deep into the ground and a warm object was pressed against his dick. He looked up to see Kagome straddling him, her joyful and innocent eyes beaming at him. "Oh, someone's eager."

Kagome looked at him in confusion before looking down and realizing the position they were in. She shrieked and jumped off. Glaring at InuYasha, she complained, "Stop that!"

InuYasha chuckled and sat up. "Hey, you came on to me."

"Yeah, but you always have to turn everything dirty!"

InuYasha smirked. "Correction: I turn everything sexy."

Kagome rolled her eyes and fell back onto the grass. She blushed in embarrassment when her pink dress flew up and she was positive InuYasha had seen her panties. Ignoring InuYasha's wandering eyes; she closed her own eyes and imagined her and InuYasha living happily ever after. She imagined them older and more mature, their house, their wedding, and their kids. Her eyes snapped open. Kids?! Kagome shook her head. I couldn't possibly get that far with InuYasha right? She glanced at him, his eyes shut and he was snoring softly. Kagome had to admit, InuYasha was pretty cute, especially when he slept. She smiled and closed her eyes again, slowly drifting into a peaceful sleep.

~ :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 ~

"Kagome, it's morning."

Kagome turned onto her side. "Five more minutes Mama."

"I'm not your damn mother," an irritated voice answered.

Kagome opened her eyes slightly to see intense golden eyes staring at her. Screaming, she jumped up.

InuYasha backed up, fear in his eyes for a split second. "What's wrong?!"

Kagome blinked a few times before sighing in relief. "Oh, good morning, InuYasha."

InuYasha snorted. "You ruined my morning."

Kagome giggled. "Sorry. It's just that I haven't gotten used to waking up here. Good times."

InuYasha stared at her for a moment before stretching and walking up to her. "So, I guess you're leaving now?"

"Yeah," Kagome answered, yawning. "Better let my mom know that I'm-" Kagome's eyes widened in horror. "My mom doesn't know I'm here!"

InuYasha's ears twitched. "Yeah, I figured that out."

Kagome looked around frantically. "Where's the well?" She ran to her destination. Swinging a leg over it, she called to InuYasha, "I'll be back tonight!"

InuYasha nodded in response and Kagome was gone. He turned and left to find Shibito.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the LOONNNGG ass wait lol I got really lazy which I always become when I reach the third chapter of any fanfic. I know it's short but I wanted to get it up A.S.A.P. If you read this chapter, thanks for sticking with me :) Leave reviews and give me suggestions! Meow, meow! See yhu ;3