- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 2 - He's a Filthy Hanyou

SMILIES! Hope you enjoy this chapter. And to add to my good IYFF friend, Pure Miko: ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? Lol, it's only been 2 days.

MO* wishes you happy reading~!

*MO is me... Obviously >.<

 

Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 2

InuYasha got up. "Now you know. You can leave if you want to. I knew our friendship would end sooner or later. I just didn't expect to be a day after. I'm such a baka!" He glared at her and kicked a rock. He began walking away.

"Wait, please don't go!" Kagome pulled his robe. "I don't care if you're a half-demon. It's not like that instantly makes you dirty. I had fun playing with you; just because I've learned the truth doesn't mean I'll stop coming here."

He stood still. Without turning around, he asked, "Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. It really isn't your fault that your father fell in love with a human. It isn't his fault either. The heart chooses who it wants." Kagome smiled. "Okay?"

He turned around slightly. A dumb smirk was printed on his features. "So you're still my friend?"

"Of course, idiot." Kagome playfully shoved him. It sent InuYasha tumbling into a tree. Kagome laughed uncontrollably while rolling on the ground, clutching her sides.

"Oi, you won't get away with that, Kagome!" He leaped up and began to chase her.

She shrieked and ran away. They were like that for a few minutes, chasing each other. Kagome soon grew tired and fell asleep against a tree.

InuYasha watched her for a moment. "So this is what having a friend feels like?" InuYAsha wondered aloud. He sat beside Kagome's still figure. Blushing wildly, he took her head and settled it on his lap. Her body instantly complied and she lay on the ground, breathing softly. InuYasha looked down at her. It was like for the first time, he realized how cute she was. Smiling softly, he closed his eyes and drifted into a light sleep.

 

Kagome stretched and got up. InuYasha cracked open an eye. "Ah, sorry! Did I wake you, InuYasha?"

"No." He got up too. "Don't you think your mom is worried about you?"

Kagome shook her head. "She said as long as your mother was in the area that she didn't have to worry."

"Oh, okay. So, you're leaving now?"

"Yeah, can I come back tomorrow?" Kagome asked sweetly.

"I-if you want to," InuYasha replied nonchalantly.

"I will. Bye, InuYasha." Kagome kissed him on his cheek and walked away back to the well.

InuYasha touched the place where her lips had touched his face. He blushed and walked to where his mother was sleeping.

-1 month later-

Kagome put her hands on her hips. "InuYasha, what's wrong with coming to my house?"

"Don't wanna. They won't like me. No one likes me."

"I like you," Kagome protested seriously.

InuYasha's ear twitched. "You're Kagome. You're different."

Kagome pulled InuYasha's sleeve. "Please? Just for a little bit."

InuYasha finally stopped resisting and followed Kagome to the well. They jumped down.

Kagome led InuYasha to her house. "Okay, just act natural. Wait, I have something for you," she added, digging into her pocket. She put something in his hands. She opened it. "See? That's me. You'll see me whenever you open it. Keep it, okay?" She unlatched it and moved to put it around InuYasha's neck.

He immediately jumped back.

"Huh? Come on, InuYasha. Let me put it on."

He shook his head. "Keh! It'll make me look all girly!"

She walked up to him and put it in his palm before taking his other hand and walking into the house. Kagome spotted her mother reading the newspaper at the kitchen table and called, "I'm home, Mama!"

Her mother looked up and smiled. "Welcome home!" She noticed InuYasha. "Is this your friend? Nice to meet you! I'm Kagome's mother..." She drifted off, her eyes traveling to the top of InuYasha's head. His ears twitched under her fearful gaze as Mrs. Higurashi dropped the newspaper. "H-h-hanyou!"

"Mama?" Kagome asked curiously.

"Jii-san! JII-SAN! CALL 677 NOW!" Mrs. Higurashi grabbed Kagome.

"Is there an emergency?! Mama, what's happening?" Kagome struggled in her mother's tight grip.

"We need to bathe you, and rid you of that hanyou's filth!" Mrs. Higurashi pushed InuYasha. "Get out now or I'll make sure DES kills you!"

"Mommy, what's wrong? You're acting weird!"

InuYasha growled. "I know exactly what's happening. No matter where I go, it's the same."

Kagome looked at him in sadness. "InuYasha..." She jumped out of her mother's arms but she was immediately pulled back.

"I knew I shouldn't have come." InuYasha snarled as the door was harshly slid open and troops busted in, grabbing him.

"InuYasha!" Kagome yelled, trying to take his hand.

Mrs. Higurashi tightened her hold. "Men, send him down the well where he came from and seal it up!"

"Yes, ma'am!" The troops saluted and tried to take InuYasha.

"Who do you people think you are?!" InuYasha shouted, trying to resist.

"NO!" Kagome cried as InuYasha was taken away. "He's my friend, Mama!"

Her mother ignored her. "Kagome, please, it's for your own good. We can't have them living here with us. They're damaging our society."

Kagome blinked away tears as she saw InuYasha's red hakama slip out of view. Immediately, she used all her strength and jumped from her mother's grip.

"Kagome, no!" Her mother lunged for her.

Kagome ran out the door. She watched as the troops disappeared into the well house. No... She opened up the doors and nearly sank to the floor in distress when she saw that they were forcing InuYasha in.

"Let me go!" he yelled. "I have to say goodbye to Kagome!"

"Please don't take him away!" Kagome sobbed. "He's my only friend!"

InuYasha stared at Kagome with his shining golden orbs. "Kagome, please don't let this be the last time we meet. Let's find a way to see each other again." He smiled weakly. "It's just that hanyou aren't accepted yet. Okay?"

Kagome sniffled loudly. "InuYasha, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. We'll have all the flowers in the world, okay? Promise?"

InuYasha grinned. "Yeah, it's a promise."

Mrs. Higurashi burst into the well house. "What are you men doing? GET HIM OUT OF HERE! And you, little half-demon," she shouted, glaring at him. "Stay away from Kagome!"

The last thing InuYasha saw before he was forced down the well was Kagome's large hopeful brown eyes, filled with faith for him. "Don't worry, Kagome. You mean a lot to me too. I won't give up on the person who cares about me."

***END FLASHBACK***

Kagome opened her eyes and was not surprised to find crust embedded in the edges and dried tears on her cheeks. Every time after dreaming about her first love and friend, she felt depressed. Her friends at high school kept her entertained, but she just couldn't shake off InuYasha. Yet, after five years, you tend to lose faith and hope. She still remembered the days they spent together, never getting bored or wanting to leave.

It was now 11:00 in the morning on Saturday. She walked to her calendar and crossed another date off. Kagome then walked downstairs to have some cereal before being stopped by her mother.

"Kagome, Ayumi's on the phone for you."

"Okay, thanks," Kagome muttered as she put down the cereal box and took the phone. "Moshi moshi?"

"Hey, Kag! What's been happening?"

"Nothing much. You calling me means you have something really important to say." Kagome got more comfortable leaning against the wall.

"Yeah! You know, right after you dumped Hojo he went straight for that seventh grader that's been stalking him for the past year. And you know what else?"

"What else?" Kagome asked, twirling her hair with her finger.

"They had sex."

Kagome nearly dropped the phone. "WHAT?! NO WAY! Hojo's not like that!"

"He was so mad he went on a sex frenzy. Half of the virgins in the school were taken by him in just one day. He even tried to take Eri thinking that you'd be so depressed that you'd want him back."

"Want him back? We were never going out to begin with!"

"It didn't seem like that to Hojo. To him, you guys were going steady and he's starting to text people that you pulled him into your house for a quickie before you told him goodbye."

"That little--" Kagome began.

"Don't get upset. Eri gave him a mean slap. I got a video, want me to send it to you?"

"Yeah, Ayu. I need to see this." Knowing Eri's fiery personality, Kagome knew that asking to take her virginity would not be taken lightly. She heard the family computer beep so she logged on and clicked the video.

"Come on, Eri. Why don't you come to my place? Ayumi and Yuka could come too if you want," Hojo offered, a faint smirk on his features.

"I have stuff to do, Hojo," Eri refused. "If this is about the summer reading project, why don't you do the experiment with Nakamura-kun?"

Hojo moved closer to Eri, bringing her in close. Breathing in her ear, "Well, I'd like to do an experiment but not for school. And not with Nakamura. Eri, I want to make you mine tonight."

No one said anything for a few moments. Ayumi and Yuka were whispering anxiously.

Ayumi whispered, "Wait ‘till Kagome sees this!"

"Wait until I text everyone this video!" replied Yuka, her thumbs fiddling away at her cell phone keyboard.

Eri, who had stood as still as a boulder, suddenly used her oversized bag and slammed it into Hojo's face. She kicked him in his balls and huffed, "Coward! Become a man and in five years I'll let you have this! Bastard! Just because you got dumped doesn't mean you can use all the girls you know! BAKA! I'm only fifteen and I'm not losing my virginity now! IMBECILE! Go die in a hole!" Eri gave him one last kick, retrieved her bag, and took the camera from Ayumi. She yelled, "Kagome, I hope you know how much of a sleaze this guy is!" The video ended.

"Oh... My... God..." Kagome breathed.

"Right?! That was CRAZY," Ayumi giggled. "Eri's still upset."

Kagome laughed and grew quiet. "Hey, Ayumi? You're the smartest out of our group here and the most reliable, trustworthy, helpful..."

"What's up, Kagome?"

"You know, the boy I told you about? The one I met eight years ago?" Kagome asked.

"Ah, Mr. Romeo-kun?"

Kagome blushed. "His name is InuYasha!"

"Yeah, but in your dreams you refer to him as Romeo and to yourself as Juliet, right?" Ayumi teased.

Kagome stuttered, "S-so what if I do?! Anyway, it's been five years since we last saw each other and now I'm kind of thinking he forgot about me."

"Hmm... Can you tell me about your last visit?" Ayumi asked innocently.

"Y-yeah, sure. So it was 3 years after he was forced away, I was 10 years old..."

***FLASHBACK*** (You're going to have to get used to this.)

Kagome sat on the steps that led up to her house. She looked up to the night sky, the stars shining brightly. She could almost see InuYasha's figure looking down on her. Constantly, her mind drifted to his face and how bright he always became when he saw her. Kagome sighed and got up, dusting off the imaginary lint clinging to her clothes. She walked up the stairs and stopped when she approached the well house. She remembered the troops, her fearful mother, InuYasha... She felt a chill. She slowly approached the doors she hadn't opened for three years and slowly slid them open. Taking a step inside, she breathed in the woody scent, and proceeded down the stairs. She stopped in front of the sealed well.

It was heavily protected. The nets and rope seemed unbreakable, made of strong material. Kagome tried pulling a piece apart, but stopped when she almost got rope burn. Mumbling, she tried prying off the cover with no success. Frustration made her try again, and again, and again. She almost gave up before she slapped herself. "Just try, Kagome! You can do this!" She touched the cover again and this time a faint pink glow illuminated from her hands. Slightly confused, Kagome muttered, "What's that?" Instantly, the cover melted and thus, creating a passageway. Too happy to care, Kagome looked through and found the well just as she had left it. With a smile on her face, she squeezed through the opening and fell in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"InuYasha, you messin' with me?" Shibito took out his homemade cigar and rubbed his fingers together. "I asked ya to bring the money." He leaned in, his hot breath drifting into InuYasha's nose. "I don't see any money."

Trying not to barf, InuYasha managed to say, "I told ya two fucking times already, old man! The guy had nothing, there wasn't anything to take."

"I think you're lying," Shibito rumbled, gripping InuYasha by his shirt, slowly lifting him up. "Listen kid, you got yourself in this business and now you can't get out. Watch your back." He dropped InuYasha and stalked away.

InuYasha fixed his crumpled haori and walked away, smirking. "That damn old fool," he laughed softly. "This will get me something good without those villagers biting my freaking head off. He walked across a field before coming across a village and he knew where he was. Home... Something pushed at the back of his mind. Is there something I can't remember...? It was a... person... He shrugged and disappeared into the forest, just as Kagome jumped out of the well.

"It's been a while since I did that!" she grinned. "InuYasha usually hung out around here... I wonder if I find his Okaa-san, maybe I might find him!" Kagome scurried off into the forest.

Meanwhile...

InuYasha smirked. "Of course I will. But you know, I usually get paid before I start the job. Because I've been tricked too many times..." InuYasha pouted. "This is why I'm so skinny, because no one likes to provide me with money..." He sighed.

The woman gasped. "Oh, how dreadful! Here's the 870 yen you need..." the woman carefully placed it in InuYasha's waiting hands. "Okay, now please replace my water!"

InuYasha nodded and waited until the woman turned and disappeared from view. Grinning, he turned tail and ran. Once in the forest, he sat down against a tree and a sharp pain pushed against his brain. "What's wrong with me today? Why do I feel like this position is familiar?"

He heard soft footsteps. His ears twitching, he prepared to defend himself if he had to. What he wasn't expecting was two soft hands to begin rubbing his ears. Leaping up, he snarled.

A girl was standing before him, grinning widely. "We're finally together, InuYasha!"

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter's a bit short. I've updated sooner than I planned because the reads I have gotten have been progressing nicely and I got two lovely reviews that just made me have to add chapter 2.

Yeah... Don't mind it when Kagome was talking about being the prince and the princess crap... It's just that because they had flower crowns she thought of them as royalty.

I know I said you'll have to get used to Kagome having flashbacks, which is true, but that might be the last flashback for a while. I'm still deciding.

Thanks for reading, leave a review please! Currently, I'm almost done with chapter 3 :) Again, thanks.