- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters.

Kagome sat on the hillock, looking at the quiet farms, with the farmers engaged in a burst of activities. She felt a surge of love well up in her heart; in such a limited time the feudal era had become like home to her, and she felt fear, that she wouldn’t be able to save it.

Her mind went back to the Prophecy of Midoriko. A pink spiritual light had surrounded the statue, and them all, when Midoriko spoke the prophecy.

To destroy Naraku, you must find

A warrior, pure in mind

Strong and gentle

Bearing the mark of the lily

And the dragon

For only can the combined qualities of both

Vanquish Evil.

 

“Thinking about the prophecy, Kagome-sama?” Sango questioned, coming up behind her, and seeing a pensive look on Kagome’s face.

“Yes, Sango.” Kagome gave her a wry look. “How did you know?”

“Oh I just did.” Sango gave her a wry look that matched her in its dryness. “Seems to be all that one can think about.” She looked pointedly at Inuyasha.

Kagome smiled. “Oh, he’s just too proud to acknowledge that we need help. Its fine when its coming from Kikyo.....” her voice trailed off. She gave Sango a pleading look. “I’m a terrible person Sango.”

“No, you’re not! Its natural to feel this way. And Inuyasha does have feelings for you.” Sango tried to make Kagome feel better.

“I’m beginning to think its more about possession.” Kagome stated. She then shook her head, clearing it.

“Ive come to a conclusion.” Miroku announced, walking up behind them. “I think we should just go on our own way. These prophecy’s have a way of working themselves out anyway. Our paths are supposed to clash, they will.”

“But it’s not going to mean anything unless we find this mysterious warrior!” Sango argued. “It could be anyone. “

“Exactly. Anyone. So, do we wait for this person to meet us with a signpost , holding a lily, and riding a dragon ?”

“Don’t, Miroku.” Kagome chastised him on snubbing Sango.

Miroku looked abashed. He looked over his shoulder. “Inuyasha is sulking.” He observed.

“He always sulks when he has problems,instead of manning up and dealing.” Kagome sniffed.

Inuyasha’s ears twitched. He bounded over, covering the ground between them in three quick jumps.

“What?” He demanded belligerenty

“We-ell.” Sango tried to clear the air. “Instead of sitting here, why don’t we look for a village. If this person is “anywhere”-“ she looked pointedly at Miroku who looked away,  “I don’t see why we can’t head off to look for a roof under our heads tonight. I’m hungry.” She yawned. “And sleepy”

“I guess that’s that.” Kagome got up and stretched.  “Oh, and Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha paused and looked at her.

“Sit boy!” Inuyasha fell to the ground, face down. Kagome sniffed, and walked away, linking arms with Sango, who just looked befuddled, to Inuyasha shaking his hand at her.

“Oi, what was that for?” He yelled.

“Shut up Inuyasha.” Kagome sighed.

“I heard that!”

“Oh, did you?”