- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
We see more of Kagomes life, but it will all change soon....

I dont own Inuyasha or the rest of them....
Priselia stomped back and forth in the foyer, fuming ”Man this stinks! I always have to do all the work! I mean I have to do the WHOLE HOUSE?! is he daft?!" she saw a maid walk by." MAID, WOMAN, SERVEANT, SLAVE, WHAT EVER YOU ARE GET OVER HERE!" she yelled. Hurriedly, the maid rushed over "yes Miss?"
priselia stuck her nose into the air "you will mop the floors, Dust BOTH parlors and then tack my horse!” Blushing, the maid stammered “miss...I...Um...Sorry but..."
"I seem to remember father telling you not to boss around the servants." said Kagome as she walked into the room. She looked at the maid and smiled apologetically "Sorry bout that. You can go have a break. Grab some food too." the maid smiled with relief and sighed "thank you Ma'am!" she bowed a half bow to priselia and rushed off. Kagome turned back to her sister "I suggest that you start on your chores. You don’t want to be working well into the night do you?" She hardly cared for her sister but felt like she was a responsibility, like one of the horses in the barn. Priselia snarled "UGH YOU JUST WAIT TILL MY MUM HERES ABOUT THIS!" Kagome shrugged "write a letter? I will be sure to send it out for you." Priselia screamed and ran out of the room, tripping on her dress on her way out. Kagome sighed "she does have a lot of chores. Perhaps I will help her a bit after I check the Fort."
Kagome grabs a ride on a carriage leaving the mansion for supplies and made her way down to the fort through town. Everyone waved at her happily. All of a sudden she yells "STOP THE CARRAGE!" horses whinnying at such a sharp stop; they paw and slide. Kagome jumps off of the carriage with ease, pays the driver some silver coins, and runs up to the market yelling "wait here" to the carriage man. He didn’t mind, he needed to do some shopping here anyways. At the market Kagome bought 4 apples, 3 Bread sticks, and 10 Bagels
she pays with a smile and walks into an alley that the carriage passed. 4 dirty people were quietly wandering around in the garbage. "Momma!" one child shouted as Kagome walked up. "Lady Kagome! We’re sorry!" said the people embarrassed. A woman pulled the child away from her, out of the way. Kagome Laughed, a sweet bell like sound, “No it’s completely alright! Here have some food!” she passed out each of the food pieces and a silver coin to each person. She saved one apple. This, she held out to the small child who called out for his mom when she came. "Here...it’s alright...that’s it...” she cooed. He took the apple slowly, and smiled. She smiled, first at him then at the rest of the people in the ally. “Please take the coins to the town hall, and buy yourselves a house together. If you can work hard, and help each other out, you can live better then this. You can always ask me for help!” Then she turned and waved as her carriage left through the darkening streets. She stopped at the fort and checked on things. Everything seemed normal and in order. She peered out at sea.
"Now where did that supply ship go?" she whispered. She sighed. It had been a long day and she figured she should go help her step-sister do the chores (though she doubted her sister had even tried to lift the dust pan, afraid to get dirt under her nails). She sent her carriage towards home on the hilltop.

But no one saw the 5 row boats heading slowly along in the shadows of the cliffs.  
Chapter End Notes:

On To The Next Chapter!!!!