- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like it.

After a short breakfast, I grabbed my sheathed katana and tied it to my hip. “Why do you have a katana, Miss Kagome?” Rin asked. “To protect you, Hime Rin. There are those who would hurt you to hurt your big brother.” I explained.

 “Can Kikyou and Inuyasha come? Please?” It was almost like she was begging. She showed respect to everyone, even Kikyou and Inuyasha. “Of course, Hime. Now, we should return you to the palace. I’m sure Lord Sesshomaru is worried about you.” I said.

I had already asked my Okaa-san to watch the hop; so as soon as the hime and my siblings grabbed my hands, we left. “Miss Kagome, you’re very pretty.” The hime complemented. “Thank you, Hime. You are very pretty, too. But Kikyou is prettier than me. You two are like stars compared to me.” was my reply. Soon after that, Kikyou went to the other side of the hime and Inuyasha grabbed my free had.

We were almost to the palace when Hime Rin tripped in a small hole and cried out in pain. “Hime,” I kneeled down beside her, “are you okay?” her eyes flitted to her ankle and teared up. Oh man. Her ankle was already starting to swell and was twisted a little too far inward. I presented my back to her and she climbed on quickly. “Kikyou, Inuyasha, grab my elbows. Hime Rin sprained her ankle.” I explained.

I stood and after they grabbed my elbows, we continued on our way to the castle. The moment I was seen at the gate, I heard someone call for Lord Sesshomaru. The moment Hime Rin saw her brother she started wiggling on my back. “Rin, where on earth did you go?” he asked, his eyes showing emotion for the first time I had ever seen.

“My Lord, she sprained her ankle on the way here. I believe she may also have pulled a few muscles when she tripped.” I informed him. His eyes fell to me and turned cold again. “Fluffy, Miss Kagome carried me here after I fell.” Hime Rin said. “You did? I suppose you expect a reward?” he sneered. I let a small growl escape before correcting him. “I expect nothing from you, my Lord. I would have brought her back sooner, but I had to get my katana so I could protect her and my siblings.” I set the hime down so she could sit and I kneeled in front of her.

“It was a pleasure meeting you, Hime Rin. If you ever want to play with Kikyou and Inuyasha, I will bring them; you need only send word. But for now, we must leave. Don’t tax your ankle, Hime.” I suggested as I motioned for Kikyou and Inuyasha to climb on my back. “You meanie! You made Miss Kagome leave!” I heard the hime yell as I ran off.

Being part youkai meant I wasn’t as fast a runner as a full youkai, but I could run a lot faster than most animals. “Sissy, why did he say that to you?” Kikyou asked over my right shoulder. “Because that’s what most everyone would do. He thinks there are no exceptions. It is alright, Kikyou; after tomorrow we will only see the lord when the hime wants to play with you and Inuyasha.” I explained. I felt her nod against my shoulder and knew that soon she would be asleep.

“Kagome, what will happen if Lord Sesshomaru finds out?” Inuyasha asked. Inuyasha rarely spoke, so when his voice floated up to my invisible neko ear I nearly tripped. “I don’t know, Inuyasha. I expect he would have you, Kikyou, and momma exiled to China if I begged him.” I answered. “What about you?” he nearly cried.

“I would offer my services as a blacksmith until I was too old to heat the kiln. Then, when he had no more use for me, I would go to the executioners block with my head held high.” I explained. “Then we can’t let him find out. I don’t want to leave, or for you to die.” He decided. “I don’t want you to leave either."

"But that means that we have to wear our bracelets more often. Can you promise me you’ll wear your bracelet and not take it off unless momma or I tell you?” I asked. He nodded and I ran the rest of the way back to the shop in silence.