- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay... so in the next chapter there will be a little bit of action. Don't worry about who the person is, he's of no consequence.

Because I still felt someone was watching the shop, when my Okaa-san came at sundown to walk me home, I decided I would stay. “I can’t go home tonight. Someone has been watching the shop and I think they might plan to steal a katana I was given to take care of tonight.” I sighed.

My Okaa-san always worried when I stayed at the shop over night; I knew I was in for an argument. “What katana is so special that you need to stay here? If someone tries to steal it you could get seriously hurt.” She argued. “I know mom. But if I fail to return this katana safely, you could all be in danger. I’ll put your lives above my own.” I responded, knowing the headache to come would only get worse if I didn’t get her to leave soon.

“Who is so dangerous that you have to stay for their katana? She questioned. “Lord Sesshomaru.” That was all I had to say. She froze and became stiff for a few moments before her shoulders slumped in defeat. “Very well; I will be here at dawn. Make sure you sleep with your charm on tonight. Please be safe, Kagome.” My Okaa-san begged as she hugged me.

“I will mom. I’ll see you at dawn. Now go home, I’m sure you didn’t start dinner before you left. Inuyasha and Kikyou will get into trouble if you don’t get back soon. I love you momma.” I replied, releasing her so she could leave. Once my Okaa-san was far enough away, I put out the light in front of the shop and put the spiked, wooden bars in front of the door.

After putting away all my tools, I released my hair from the tie it was in, and set up a place to sleep across from the katana and my other customer’s things. Soon, sleep crept up and over took me.

Chapter End Notes:
Okay so... if there are any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Please review and tell me what you think. I don't mind criticism, but don't be completely hurtful please? I hope you like it. Bye.