- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alright... this is the last chapter of the story...

I woke with light burning through my lids. As I became a hanyou again, I felt my fangs and claws elongate, and my ears twitch atop my head. I could hear everything again; see like I normally did, and smell everything around my again. I felt pressure on my abdomen and looked down to see Sesshomaru’s arm wrapped around me and holding me securely to his chest.

“Ugh… where am I?” I wondered aloud. “You are in our bedroom, Kagome.” Sesshomaru answered. “W- what?” I questioned nervously. “There is no need to worry, Kagome. I simply did not wish to lose your company. Even when dulled, your scent captivates me.” he smiled, giving me a slight squeeze of reassurance before loosening his hold.

I turned over on my side to face him, and almost laughed at his disheveled state of his clothing and hair. “You inus and your sensitive noses.” I commented. “Yes, very sensitive noses. I’m curious; how did you hide your scent along with your ears for so long?” he questioned. “The bracelet I broke in the great hall the other day… there was a spell on it.” I answered.

“How did it hide your aura from me that day? I had always been able to sense you before.” He remarked. “I… I amplified the spell. I wanted to… to know what you would say to my family before I made myself known. But I didn’t know momma would ask you that.” I replied.

“It is alright, Kagome. I understand you wanting to know what I would say in your absence. As much as I would like to stay here… you must meet with Kirara to have your kimono made before the wedding. I’ll send the other onnas in when I leave.” He told me. I nodded before rising off the bed with him.

“Sessho, please be sure to send everyone and please distract papa. I know he will stress himself if he’s not kept busy.” I requested. He nodded before leaving the room in search of the others. I listened as he walked down the hallway, making stops at different doors before continuing down until the end of the hall where I heard my parents talking.

I went to the wardrobe and dressed in a robe while waiting on the others. Slowly, the trickled into the room and one by one sat on the enormous bed while we waited. Finally, Kirara entered the room with a large bag of fabric. “Good morning, Kirara.” I greeted.

“Good morning, Kagome. Let’s see; Sango, Kaede, Kikyou, Rin, and you. I see I have a lot to do in few hours. Alright let’s start with you, Kagome.” Kirara decided. “No, fit momma first. I have to put my things away and this will give me the time to do it. Besides, papa will start to stress if she isn’t done quickly, even with Sessho keeping him occupied.” I declared.

She simply nodded before turning to momma. I listened as she fit momma while I put all of my things away. A few times she stuck her with a pin, but only when momma would fidget and move into it. I had one more dress to put away when she finished with momma. I slid the dress into my wardrobe and turned to face Kirara. “Are you ready to begin, Kagome?” she asked, smiling in a knowing manner.

“It’s not funny, Kirara. I’m already nervous enough so can we please hurry. I want to be able to spend some time with everyone before the wedding.” I told her. She nodded and began double checking my measurements for the dress. “You’ll be wearing white; of course, do you have any preferential color for the veil?” She asked.

“I would prefer as close to amber as you can get.” I requested. She nodded and went on to Rin. Taking her measurements was quicker and easier seeing as she was younger than my Okaa-san and myself. After finishing with Rin, she moved to Kikyou. Really, she only needed to do a quick double check with Kikyou and once that was complete she did the same with Sango.

As she made the dresses, I made my pants adjustment to them and even my own wedding dress. Sesshomaru probably wouldn’t appreciate my modifications until our first dance. “Alright. Everyone go enjoy yourselves while you can. The wedding will be just after noon. I’m going to find Sessho.” I told them.

Rin and Kikyou went to find Shippo and Inuyasha in Shippo’s room; Sango went to the library to find Miroku; and momma and I followed Sesshomaru’s and Kouga’s scents to Sesshomaru’s study. “There they are. Finally.” Kouga declared as we stepped through the door.

He hugged me before turning to momma and swinging her around in a circle. “Papa, you’re going to make her sick if you don’t stop spinning her.” I told him. He sighed as he put her back on her feet and I had to smile at how cure they were together. “Kagome, you took too long.” Sesshomaru said in my ear.

I hadn’t even noticed when he moved from his spot across the room. “Did I?” I questioned. He growled lowly in my ear and pulled me back against his chest. “Do not act coy, Kagome. It does not suit you.” He informed me. “Very well. Come; take a walk with me in the cherry blossom grove.” I demanded before I disappeared from the room.

As I suspected, he followed me to the grove before tackling me to the ground. “What did you think you were going to do?” Sesshomaru asked playfully. “I thought I’d make it a little bit farther to be honest. Guess I’m not as fast in a dress.” I answered. “Would you like to have some other clothes besides the dresses you modified?” he questioned.

“No, I love my clothes and they’re fine. I’m just not used to running in them.” I responded. He stood and helped me to my feet before we strolled through the grove. “Sessho, if I was… if I was really a full youkai, do you think we could have avoided all the hurt we’ve been through?” I asked.

“Kagome, we cannot change the past. And I would not want you to be different. You’re perfect just as you are.” He told me. “But… if I was a full youkai… it would be so much easier… I’d really be perfect for you.” I argued. I still had these insecurities. That I wasn’t good enough to be his mate.

That I’d never be good enough. It still hurt to think I wasn’t good enough and that there was someone better suited for him. “Kagome, you are perfect for me. If you were a full youkai you would be different; you wouldn’t be the woman I love.” He declared.

“But… if I was a full youkai… you’d have full youkai heirs as well.” I told him. “Kagome, I don’t care what kind of blood status our children are. They’ll be our children and that means they’ll be perfect just as they are. Why do you worry so?” he demanded.

“I’m just… getting a little worried because of how close the wedding is. I love you and I’m excited for the wedding, but I’m just a little nervous.” I admitted. He nodded in understanding and held me closer than before. “Would you rather postpone the wedding?” he asked. “No. I don’t want to postpone it. I’ll be fine.” I answered.

He nodded and we continued on in silence. Eventually, we decided to sit in one of the trees. When we found the perfect tree, Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around my waist and jumped to one of the larger branches. He sat down on the branch with his back to the trunk and placed me in his lap.

“I’m perfectly capable of jumping into a tree on my own, you know.” I reminded him. “I know. But it’s so much more enjoyable to surprise you.” He shot back. At this, I had to smile. He was opening up so much to me lately. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, listening to his breathing and his heartbeat. “Kagome.” He said.

“Yes?” I asked. “It’s almost noon. You should gather the others and begin dressing for the ceremony.” He told me. “Alright, let’s go.” I reply. He formed  a cloud of his energy and took us down to the ground slowly. “I must go prepare as well. I love you, Kagome.” He said. “I love you, too. Now go, I’ll see you soon.” I smiled as we headed off in different directions.

I quickly made my way to the library to get Sango first. “Sango, we need to go get ready. You go get dress as well, Miroku.” I told them, pulling Sango away with me. Then, I went in the direction of the study where I could still smell my parents. “Momma, it’s time for us to get ready. Papa, you should go get dressed also.” I suggested, now pulling both my mother and Sango behind me.

We made our way to Shippo’s room to find the girls. “Rin, Kikyou, Inuyasha, Shippo; it’s time for us to get ready for the ceremony.” I told them. Shippo and Inuyasha left to find the other males, and Rin and Kikyou followed Sango, my Okaa-san, and I to my bedroom. Kirara was at the door just as I was about to close it. “Well, let’s get you dressed.” She says, pulling my dress out first.

After half an hour of them making sure my dress fit properly, the others dressed and my Okaa-san went to see if the men were ready. Momma was dressed in red; Sango was dressed in green and pink again; Kikyou was wearing light blue; and Rin was wearing purple. Momma came back with papa and I knew everyone was ready.

I smiled as we made our way to the great hall and waited outside the doors. Papa was wearing dark brown. When I looked through the crack in the doors I saw Miroku was wearing dark purple; Inuyasha was wearing red; Shippo was wearing dark blue; and Sesshomaru was wearing black. I smiled and nodded for momma to signal that we were ready.

The first to go through the doors was Rin. She was followed by Momma and Papa. Next were Sango and Miroku who were carrying the rings. Inuyasha and Kikyou followed after them spreading sakura petals on the aisle. Shippo took my hand and we walked down the aisle towards Sesshomaru. Once we were at the altar, Shippo stepped back to stand behind me with the rest of my family and friends.

Rin was standing at Sesshomaru’s side. The ceremony went smoothly, and we moved to where we would have the reception in the sakura grove. When we had our first dance, Sesshomaru seemed surprised that I could move so easily. “How are you able to dance properly?” he asked. “I made a modification to my dress.” I answered.

He stayed quiet for the rest of the song. “Are you upset that I modified my dress?” I questioned. “No… I’m not upset.” He told me. “Why are you so quiet?” I demanded. “I am simply enjoying having you in my arms and knowing that no one can keep us apart now.” He replied. I tightened my arms around his neck and pulled him closer so that I could lay my head down on his shoulder.

“I love you, Kagome.” He said in my ear. “It’s strange; this is almost like that story from my child hood. This is my own, messed up Cinderella story.” I whispered. “I would have it no other way.” He retorted. “Neither would I. I love you Sessho. And now; we can start our own happily ever after, because that’s only the beginning.” I smiled.

My family was complete, I had my friends, and now, I had Sesshomaru. My own messed up Cinderella story was complete; and now I could live a truly happy life.

Chapter End Notes:

This is the end of the story... I hope you liked it... See ya.