- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I realize it's a really short chapter but trust me it's building up to the next chapter to give you a little peak and to help you get ready for what's going to happen.

I woke sometime later in my bed, staring up at the ceiling and wondering what had happened. I looked to the side of my bed to see my family and friends surrounding me. Everyone’s heads were bowed and I could smell the scent of old and new tears.

“What’s going on?” I asked, my voice croaking from a dry throat and lack of use. “Kagome, you’re alright!” my Okaa-san shouted as she crushed me into a hug. “Yes, Okaa-san, I’m fine. What’s wrong? Why is everyone crying? How long was I asleep?” I questioned worriedly.

“We thought you had fallen into a never ending sleep. We thought you wouldn’t come back. You’ve been asleep for nearly a moon cycle.” Kouga answered. “What?!” I shouted as I bolted upright. I suddenly got very dizzy and slowly rested my back against the head board.

“You’ve been asleep for almost a moon cycle. We had to send all the lords, minor lords, and their families’ home early from the peace festival.” Kouga told me. “What did you tell them happened?” I questioned. “We told them you had fallen ill. We also told them…..” my Okaa-san’s voice trailed off as she answered me. “What did you tell them, Okaa-san?” I asked.

“We told them…. we didn’t know if you would come out of it. You were announced forever sleeping.” She finally admitted. “What all has happened?” I demanded. “Momma, everything has been fine. Except…..” Now Shippo trailed off as he spoke. “Except what Shipp? I need to know, honey.” I told him softly.

“Rin came to us a week after you were asleep. Lord Sesshomaru sent her. She says that he became depressed. We tried to visit him a few days ago. He doesn’t eat. He only sleeps when his body forces him to he constantly drinks. He is not well, Catrina.” Sand said for him. I froze.

He blames himself. I collapsed after he said he loves me and left. “He blames himself for my sleep. Before I fell; we argued. He tried to get me to act normal. He called me his mate and I told him I refused to be with someone who couldn’t love me. I said I hated him. He….. he told me he loves me and then he left. That’s the last thing I remember.” I explained.

“You have to go speak with him. He needs you, Kagome. And even if you don’t want to admit it you need him too.” Myouga advised. I nodded, and slowly stood. “I’ll go. But first I want to eat and dress. Where are my weapons?” I asked. Miroku laid my weapons on my bed and everyone began filing out of my bedroom.

I went through my closet, and decided to wear a red dress that was designed like the amber one I wore to the wedding. I packed the amber dress in a bag along with hair ties; a hair brush; a blue dress like the amber one; daggers; and a few other travelling supplies. I brushed out my hair and did it up in a bun that left a few strands to lei across my shoulders before dressing.

A servant brought my breakfast to my bedroom and I are quickly before strapping on my weapons and leaving the room. I found my parents in their bedroom, along with everyone else. “Kagome.” I heard Rin call. Just after I turned to see her, she jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly.

“Hello Rin.” I said softly. “Kagome, I’m so glad you’re alright.” she whispered. “Yes, I’m fine. I’m sorry I scare you all. But now I have to leave. I have to go save a certain lord from his own guilt and sorrow. Are you coming with me, Rin?” I asked. She nodded and we turned to the others.

“I suppose everyone wants to accompany us?” I questioned when I saw the looks they were giving me. At their nods, I sighed but smiled in agreement. “We’ll take the carriages and get there faster.” Kouga declared. We all made our way outside and found a massive carriage waiting for us.

Behind it, a smaller one sat; and momma and Kouga climbed into it. Along with myself; Kikyou, Inuyasha, Shippo, Rin, and Miroku climbed into the larger carriage. Bankotsu sat in the driver’s seat at the front, guiding the horses swiftly to the west on our carriage; while Myouga did the same with momma and Kouga’s carriage.

I sat with my family and friends, silently watching as the scenery passed us as swiftly as if I had been running alone. All too soon we were in the boundaries of the western kingdom. I could barely smell a hint of Sesshomaru anywhere. It was like he hadn’t moved across the land since I had left. At sunset, we made a small camp and went to sleep soon after dinner.

Chapter End Notes:
Bare with me here. My thinking is that around the time in the feudal era they are in, that they didn't know what a coma is, so they call it the forever sleep. It's the same thing, just a different name.