- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here you go. Someone is coming to visit everyone. Can you guess who it is before you read this chapter?

                 As we neared the shop, I heard deep laughter mixed with Sango’s, Miroku’s, and the children’s laughter. Then, I smelled wolves, mountains, and the distinct scent of the springs from the east. “It can’t be. He hasn’t visited in years.” I muttered to myself. Right outside the shop, everyone stepped outside and hid someone behind them.

                 “Who’s behind you?” I asked them. “You should be able to know who I am by my scent by now, Kagome.” The deep baritone voice commented. “Kouga-kun? When did you get here?! What are you doing here?! I thought you weren’t supposed to visit for a few more moon cycles!” I shouted as I ran past the others and jumped in his arms, hugging him as tightly as I could. As I wrapped my arms around him, I brushed my wrists against his fur, and before I could stop it, a whimper of pain escaped me.

                 “What’s wrong, Kagome?” Kouga-kun asked me softly. I shook my head against his shoulder and waited for a few moments to regain my composure before carefully pulling back and smiling up at him. “Don’t worry about it Kouga-kun. How have you been? I’ve missed you. You promised to visit more often.” I told him, pretending to pout. I heard a growl from behind me, but dismissed it. “I’ve been good. So, tell me, when did you adopt Shippo? And how’s your Okaa-san?” he asked.

                 “I adopted Shippo yesterday. Momma’s been pretty good. Um… do you think you could help me?” I asked him, slowly lifting my wrists to his eyesight. “Kagome, who did this to you? What happened?” he demanded. I turned my gaze away from him, and my eyes flitted to Lord Sesshomaru. “Hello, Lord Sesshomaru. It’s been a while.” Kouga-kun said coldly. “Lord Kouga, what brings you to my kingdom?” Lord Sesshomaru asked, just as coldly.

                 “Kagome and her family are dear friends of mine. I figured I would take advantage of the spare time I have to visit before the peace ball at my palace.” Kouga-kun replied, eyeing him coolly. “Very well, please, feel free to visit my home before you leave.” Lord Sesshomaru told him, turning his gaze to me. Again, I saw the fleeting look of longing, and now sorrow, cross his eyes; and then it was gone and the mask was back. “Good day, Lord Sesshomaru; please bring Rin around at any time.” I said, bowing.

                 He nodded, turned, and left. It was all I could do to not yell at him as my eye twitched from barely restrained anger. “Kagome, who did that to you?” Kouga-kun repeated. “Um… Lord Sesshomaru offered to spar with me. he beat me, but I forgot to… submit and… this happened. I couldn’t wrap my wrists before I got here… the cloth kept untying and falling. I ruined my shirt for nothing.” I finally answered.

                 “Go sit down silly onna and I’ll be inside in a moment to bandage you up.” Kouga-kun ordered, smiling and pushing me towards the door. I sent him a playful glare before going inside the shop. What I saw when I entered my work space sent anger straight through me. “Miroku!!” I yelled. I heard coughing outside the door and took a deep breath before speaking again.

                 “Miroku, what did you do? I told you not to reorganize my shop again! I had my shop organized how I wanted it! Did you not learn from the last time?!” I couldn’t help the way my voice raised in anger. When Miroku stepping into the shop with his head bowed, I decided to take it slightly easy on him.

                 “You are very lucky I can’t hit anything without causing myself pain, Miroku. Now, I want you to put my shop back the way it was when I left his morning; or so help me I will beat you with a sakura switch until my own hands bleed!” I shouted at him. I could see him shaking in his clothes and decided to allow him a slight reprieve from my anger. “You are eighteen Miroku. It’s time for you to start acting your age and act responsible. That means listening to people and not disobeying them; so stop reorganizing my shop. You can start on it after Kouga-kun wraps my wrists. And I want it exactly how I left it; not a single tool, sheet of metal, or weapon out of place.” I demanded, eyeing him through narrowed eyelids.

                 “Of course, Lady Kagome. I’m so sorry I thought you were just kidding. I will set it to rights immediately.” He replied, starting towards the wall behind me. I sighed and laid my head on the table as I sat down, hoping Kouga-kun would hurry so I could take Kikyou and Inuyasha home. Finally, he stepped inside with a sheepish smile and say in front of me. “So, care to tell me why you were sparring with Sesshomaru?” Kouga-kun asked as he lifted my hands to look at the wounds.

                 “He insulted me yesterday. You know I need to do something to keep my temper under control. Rin was playing with Inuyasha, Kikyou, and Shippo earlier, so I couldn’t very well spar with them behind me. He offered to spar with me, and I accepted. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But, then he pinned me, and he was waiting for me to submit. I didn’t realize that was what he wanted, and when it took too long, he pushed his poison into my wrists. I know it was stupid, I feel like an idiot now. But I really needed to calm down. Now I can’t even work until they heal. I tried to wrap my wrists at the river, but my fingers kept slipping and it was talking too long. And I was not about to ask Lord Sesshomaru for help. I figured I would ask Sango to wrap them for me. Ow!” I yelled when he squeezed my wrist a little too tight.

                 “Gomen Kagome. Do you want some herbs to take the pain away?” he questioned. I shook my head and blinked the urge to cry away. Finally, he finished wrapping my wrists and I could stand. I leaned down by his side and hugged him again. “Thank you, Kouga-kun. Would you walk home with me to take Kikyou and Inuyasha home? I’m sure Momma would like to see you too. How long are you staying?” I asked.

                 “Just for a few days. The peace ball is set for the night of the full moon; so I have to leave a few days before then to make sure everything is ready.” He answered. “Okay, let’s go. Miroku, I want this finished tomorrow if you don’t finish it today. If anyone shows up with an order write it down and tell them I’ll get to work on it as soon as I can. When the sun sets come home, and lock up before you leave.” I instructed him.

                 At his nod, I spun on my heel, grabbed Kouga-kun’s hand, and drug him outside with me. “Kagome, I can walk on my own.” He pouted. “I know, but you take so long to go anywhere. I just want to go home.” I retorted. Once outside, I kneeled down in front of Kikyou, and she climbed on my back while Inuyasha climbed on Shippo’s back. “Sango, are you going to stay here or go with us?” I asked. She hesitated a moment before speaking.

       “I’ll stay for now. Go on ahead; we’ll be there in a few hours.” She decided, smiling a little too sweetly. I nodded, grabbed Shippo’s and Kouga-kun’s hands, and we began on our way home.

Chapter End Notes:
Here you go. Bet you didn't think it was Kouga that was coming to visit. the chapters should be getting longer soon; hopefully. Please review but if no one does I'll still put this story up; but I'd really like to know if anyone likes it. See ya.