- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I donot own any of the original InuYasha characters!  Hope you enjoy~!<3

"I think we're almost done, Kagome." Gaichi replied, smiling gently.

"Why don't you test it out on me, then?"

"I know that voice..." Kagome whispered, looking up. "Naraku!"

Naraku hovered above her in the sky, chuckling.

"Who is that?" Gaichi narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Naraku released a tentacle from his body, and it flew straight to Gaichi.

"No!" Kagome yelled, but it was too late.

Naraku stabbed Giachi before she could even react, and she fell to the ground.

Kagome stared at Gaichi's body. "No.." She whispered. "Naraku.." She tightened her hold on her bow, and the outline of her body began to glow.

Pour all of your emotions into that single arrow. Gaichi's voice rang through her mind. I'm sorry, Gaichi. I'm so sorry. Kagome's eyes flashed blue.

"I saw your little trick with those demons, Kagome. That was a very powerful attack. Maybe even more powerful than Kikyou's arrows."

Kagome growled. In one swift movement, Kagome had and arrow loaded onto her bow, and she was aiming it straight at Naraku.

Naraku chuckled. "I'm here to collect you Kagome, but If you want to shoot an arrow at me, go ahead."

He doesn't think I can break his barrier. Kagome thought. She pulled her arrow back farther. I'll show him what I can do! Kagome concentrated to put all of her power and emotions with everything she had.

"Pour all of them.." Kagome murumered, just loud enough for Naraku to hear. "All of them. My anger, sadness, fear..." Kagome pulled back her arrow as far as she could. Sacred power circled around her body, and it made her hair circle around her. Power surged around her arrow, and her bow glowed. "..And my determination!"

Kagome released her arrow, and it sailed straight to him. Naraku frowned, and dodged out of the way. But Kagome's arrow circled around and hit his barrier, light shining everywhere. It made his barrier shimmer, and start to disappear.

Impossible. Naraku thought.

He cut the arrow in half with one the bones from his hands, and her arrow lost it's power and disappeared. He turned back to her, and chuckled. "Well, looks like I underestimated your power, Kagome. That arrow would have definetly broken through my barrier, as much as I hate to admit it."

Kagome's body still glowed, and she clenched her teeth. "Naraku.."

Naraku smirked and his hand turned into a large whip. Kagome took a step back. He swung it at her, and it hit her in the side, sending her flying backwards. She flew through the air and skidded on the ground on her stomach. Her body was still glowing, and despite being thrown, Kagome raised her head.

She slowly stood, raised another arrow, and released.

Naraku swiped it out of the air, but Kagome was ready. She fired another one, and before Naraku could knock it away, it hit the barrier, and shattered it.

"Alright!" Kagome exclaimed. Suddenly, her body stopped glowing, and she fell to her knees. W-What's going on? I'm really tired all of a sudden...

Naraku laughed. Kagome looked up to see a new barrier formed around him. "It seems your powers aren't strong enough to keep my barrier down!" He grinned, and sent the whip flying towards Kagome. She couldn't move, and it launched her into the air, and she fell plumitting to the ground. She layed there, not having enough strength to get up.

Naraku chuckled. "How disappointing. I thought you'd be more powerful, but I was wrong. This ended too quickly." He floated down to her, but kept his distance. "Are you in pain, Kagome?"

Kagome cried out in pain from trying to sit up, and fell back down.

Naraku smirked again, and lifted his hand. The vine he used to hit Kagome with grew spikes, and it split to grab Kagome by the stomach and wrists. They moved, which scratched Kagome's skin and made her bleed. Kagome struggled and fought but the blood loss made her black out, and Naraku smiled.

"I will take you back to my castle, and use you to find the last shard." Naraku murmured, lifting the vines so she was suspended in mid air.

"Wind Scar!"

The vine holding Kagome was cut in half, despite how thick it was. Kagome dropped to the ground, the vines still around her body.

Naraku turned with a bored expression. "Inuyasha. Here before everyone else?"

Inuyasha was still in the pose from swinging his Tesusaiga, and he was panting. He growled. "Get away from Kagome!" He charged, hitting his barrier, but he bounced easily off. He landed on the ground, and instantly roots came out from the ground and wrapped around Inuyasha's body, snatching Tesusaiga from his grasp. It turned back into a rusty sword, and was wrapped in Naraku's disgusting tentacles that appeared out of the ground.

A vine wrapped around Inuyasha's throat. "The..Tesusaiga.." He choked out.

"You know, Inuyasha, Kagome broke my barrier." Naraku looked over his shoulder at Kagome's body. "She barely broke through it but... she did. Too bad I cut her up so much she can't move."

"Bastard... What did..you..do to Kagome?" Inuyasha growled.

Naraku chuckled. "Do you really want to know?"

Inuyasha snarled, and broke through the roots. He grabbed his Tesusaiga and aimed it at Naraku, growling.

"What's the matter, Inuyasha? Angry I injured her? Well, you don't have to worry." Naraku hissed.

"What?" Inuyasha exclaimed, and looked over at Kagome. Her eyes were completely black, with no color.

"I'm slowly taking over her body, and soon her eyes will be mine." Naraku whispered eagerly.

"Over my dead body!" Inuyasha growled, raising his sword to strike.

Then, face down in the dirt, Kagome said, "Stop... I've had enough." She leaned on her elbows, her head down, and painfully started to sit up. "I'm tired of being weak. I'm tired of getting captured." The roots fell off her body and purified when they touched the ground, and her eyes came into view. They were pitch black, but they flashed blue and turned brown again.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha exclaimed. He started to run towards her, but Naraku swung a sharp bone at him, and Inuyasha had to jump back to avoid it. More roots came out of the ground to grab Inuyasha. "Damn!" He cursed.

Kagome suddenly positioned an arrow at Naraku, and he flew back into the sky at a safe distance.

I can hit him. Kagome thought strongly. This time, it will go through his barrier and hit him right in the heart! She glowed again, and she released her arrow. It glowed brighter and stronger than it had when she had killed those demons, and it sailed towards Naraku with incredible speed. "Go!" Kagome yelled, urging it's power to grow.

It did. More power swirled around it, and it hit Naraku's barrier and went straight through it. It slanted off course and hit Naraku's side. It instantly purified it, and Kagome loaded another arrow.

She went through my barrier but didn't break it? Naraku thought with dismay, his eyes widenning in surprise. He scowled and his razor sharp whip flew towards Kagome, and Kagome yelled in alarm.

"No Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. He tried to break the roots, but he was stuck. "Kagome!" He yelled helplessly.

Kagome tried to dodge it by diving to the right, but it snaked around and skimmed her back, splattering blood. Kagome fell to the ground, unmoving.

Inuyasha stared at her laying there. There was no light in her eyes. "Kagome." Inuyasha whispered. "Kagome!" He wailed.

Naraku was chuckling, and Inuyasha shakily clenched his fists. He turned his head and looked up at Naraku, his face ferocious. Inuyasha growled steadily in fury.

The wound that Kagome inflicted on Naraku started to purify the rest of his body, and Naraku narrowed his eyes in pain. "Hmph. What a shame. Looks like I'll have to depart for now..." He started to fade.

"Get back here, you coward!" Inuyasha yelled after him.

Naraku disapeared completely, and the roots slowly dissolved that held Inuyasha.

Inuyasha ran straight to Kagome, and he stopped, looking at her body. "Kagome?!"

Her back, stomach, and wrists were bleeding. Her eyes were closed, and she looked extremely pale. She was lying in a small pool of blood.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, knealing to look down at her. He was afraid to touch her; she looked so fragile. Inuyasha's eyes shook. "Kagome!" He exclaimed again, quickly and gently picking her up.

She weakily opened her eyes.

"Kagome!"

Kagome didn't look up at him. She looked ashamed. "I'm sorry, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha flinched from the surprise and he didn't speak.

"Even with the training I got from Gaichi... I'm still weak." She blinked heavily. "I keep causing trouble. I'm sorry."

"Kagome, you're anything but weak! Don't even think that!" Inuyasha protested. "You broke through Naraku's barrier, and weakened him, despite how powerful he is now. That alone is amazing, Kagome!"

Kagome nodded weakly, and her eyes started to close.

"Now don't you die on me, got it?!" Inuyasha growled, his voice low.

"I...won't..." She murmured. "I'm sorry..."

"Kagome.."