- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't own any of the Inuyasha characters!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome dropped to her knees, gasping for breath. She had taken down three demons so far; each stronger than the last. Kagome would face the strongest; the fourth demon. She waited, resting as much as she could. Gaichi had a worried expression on her face, but she stayed away, pushing Kagome as far as she could go. The fourth and final demon's pressence enveloped Kagome, and she tensed. Kagome quickly stood, already loading an arrow. She was shaking, and still breathing heavily. Kagome waited, listening intently. Suddenly the ground began to rumble, and Kagome had to spread her legs out under her to keep her balance the earth was rocking so much. Kagome closed her eyes, fighting the urge of dizziness.

If I get dizzy, that will give the demon an advantage... Kagome clenched her teeth, and finally the quake stopped. She slowly opened her eyes, and gasped when she saw the demon standing before her. It was huge. It's body was like a snake, but it had two front legs. It's head arched high in the sky, a few stories high. The demon's eyes were white, and it had a snake-like mouth with razor sharp fangs. It's tail was razor sharp, with strange liquid oozing out of it that made Kagome sick to her stomach. Kagome took a step back in fear, and didn't dare blink.

"This is the final demon, Kagome!" Gaichi exclaimed from a ways away. "Defeat it, and you will be done for the day!"

Easy for you to say, Kagome nervously thought. You're not the one about to be eaten by a snake!

Kagome quickly loaded an arrow, and fired.  She had mastered summoning her energy, from the last few demons being incredibly fast in reflex. It soared straight to the enormous demon, flying straight to it's body. At the last second though, the demon easily dodged it and rushed at her. Kagome was terrified, but she somehow managed to escape the jaws of the snake. She hit the ground and skid, coming to a quick stop. Kagome stood quickly, not feeling any pain because of the adrenaline running through her.

How am I going to be wuicker than this demon? Kagome wondered, afraid.

The demon snake realized Kagome wasn't in it's teeth, and turned towards her and charged. Kagome took a step to run, but tripped, falling. Kagome looked over her shoulder, screaming.

Suddenly Kilala was there, picking her up by the back of her shirt. Kilala bounded out of reach with Kagome and set her down gently nearby.

"Thank you, Kilala." Kagome smiled gratefully at the feline and stood, staring at the monstrous demon. That's it!

Kagome jumped onto Kilala's back and they flew through the aor, cirlcing above the demons massive head. Kagome grabbbed another arrow, and released it quickly, hitting the demon in the middle of the body.

"Alright!" Kagome exclaimed. She grabbed another arrow, and realized it was her last one. "I need to finish it with one blow."

Kilala flew away from the demon's head so Kagome had a clear shot.

"Here goes!" Kagome grunted, releasing her arrow.

Instantly it transformed into a huge jet of sacred power. It cut through the demon, slicing it in half with ease. It fell to the ground, twitching.

Kilala landed next to Gaichi, and Kagome dismounted her.

Gaichi just nodded silently, smiling proudly.