- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

None of the Inu no Taishou characters bleong to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome had arrived the day before, and she was preparing for her private training with Sensei- what Priestess Gaichi wanted to be called- today. She had re-filled on arrows, and Kilala jumped on her shoulder as she grabbed them and headed out the door.

The training area was barren, just rock. She was observed by Gaichi Sensei yesterday and complemented on how much spiritual power she had, more than she's ever seen. Kagome was told to be prepared for the next day, when they would start training. Kagome had washed her school clothes, so they were clean.

Gaichi Sensei appeared infront of her, and Kagome took a step back in surprise.

"Are you ready, Kagome?" Gaichi asked, raising her arms. She was wearing a white kimono and a beaded necklace. She had long brown hair, and pale skin.

Kagome nodded. "Yes."

"What do you want to learn more about with you're power?" Gaichi asked.

Kagome thought for a moment. She really just wanted to control it. But if she could break through Naraku's barriers, that would really help out.

"I really just want to control it and break powerful barriers." Kagome replied confidently.

Gaichi nodded calmly. "Alright. Let us begin."

---------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and everyone else were almost there. All they had to do was travel atleast a day and they would be there. Inuyasha was focused on nothing but getting to Kagome, and to make sure she was okay. He knew Naraku was after Kagome so she could show him where the last shard was. He sped up his pace even more, if that was possible.

Sudddenly a jolt went through him. Naraku's scent!

"I smell Naraku!" Inuyasha yelled over the wind.

"Do you think he reached Kagome?" Miroku asked him fearfully.

"I won't let him lay a hand on her!" Inuyasha growled. I will never let her get taken away.

---------------------------------------

Kagome dropped her bow, panting.

"Can you go on, Kagome?" Gaichi replied calmly.

Kagome straightened up, and grabbed her bow, nodding. "Let's keep going!"

Gaichi smiled. "Such determination. That is what feuls the power of us priestesses. To save other people." Gaichi looked down at her from the boulder she was sitting on. "Who do you want to protect?"

Instantly Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kaede, and everyone else appeared in her mind. "I may not be able to do much to help, but.." Kagome's body started to glow. "I will protect them with everything I have!" Sacred power swirled around her body, and Kagome realized this was it.

Gaichi smiled proudly. "Well done, Kagome. That is all you need to do to break barriers. You need to pour all of you feelings in your arrow, and it will increase your power."

Kagome looked down at her body in awe. She felt raw power radiate from her, and she felt healed of any fatigue she had earlier. Her bow glowed the brightest, and Kagome smiled with relief.

"Now, Kagome, shoot an arrow at that circle over there." Gaichi gestered towards a small circle lined with sutras and charms, and a barrier shimmered into sight but diappeared quickly.

"How do I know if I'm powerful enough to break a barrier like that?" Kagome asked nervously, thinking of Naraku. "I can feel the power from that barrier. How did you make such a strong barrier?" She asked, staring at the small circle of sutras.

"I have been practicing for a very long time, Kagome. About fifteen years; that's how long I had to master my powers and paa them on to others."

Kagome didn't doubt Gaichi's words; she had already seen demonstrations of Sensei's power earlier today in their training.

Kagome nodded, positioning her arrow on her bow string. She slowly raised it, her body glowing with pure light the more focused she became. She remembered tips from Gaichi; to pour all her emotions into her arrow, and to trust it will always hit the target. She pulled her arrow back as far as she could, and released. Ringlets of her sacred power escaped from the tip of the arrow, and it quickly turned into an enormous jet of light, almost as big as the one she created when battling the one hundred demons.

"Go!" Kagome encouraged, as it sailed through the air smoothly and straight to the barrier.

It smashed into the barrier and made it shimmer violently, but the barrier fought back. Cracks formed on the surface, and blasting wind escaped from the barrier. Blinding light caused Kagome to shield her eyes, and the barrier cracked further.

You can make it! Kagome silently prayed, willing it to break the barrier. Suddenly, the barrier shattered, causing the shards to evaporate into small white lights and sail into the sky.

"Alright!" Kagome yelled happily.

"Not bad for your first try, Kagome." Gaichi smiled encouraginly. "But you can do even better. If you practice more, the more quicker it will break the barriers and the more off guard your opponent will be."

Kagome took in her words, and nodded, determined. I can get better. I know I can.

"Now," Gaichi replied, jumping down from the boulder she was sitting on. "Again."

--------------------------------

Kagome had been practicing on the same barrier for hours; each time her arrow became slightly faster in breaking the barrier. Kagome hit her knees from the hours of practice, and Gaichi dismissed her to rest.

Kagome walked back to the room she was currently staying in, and grabbed a neatly folded kimono one of Gaichi's maids left for her. She walked to the baths, and soaked for atleast half an hour. When she emerged from the bath room in the snow white kimono, she walked back to the room she was staying and fell asleep.

The next day, Kagome met Gaichi by the front entrance of her mansion. It over looked the village, and a long staircase surrounded by the forest slide down the hillside and to the village. The sun was just coming up, and Kagome blinked away the sleep from her eyes, excited for her next lesson.

"Today we will battle real demons."

Kagome cringed with surprise. "Are you sure, Gaichi? I mean.."

"I believe you are ready, Kagome. I have faith in you." Gaichi smiled reasurringly, and Kagome smiled aswell.

They walked down the staircase, but turned off the path and into the woods. A small path appeared by the bushes, and Gaichi led Kagome down the winding path, into a huge clearing.

Kagome stopped, looking around. "How am I supposed to fight demons here?" She asked, walking towards Gaichi, who had stopped a few feet away.

Gaichi sighed heavily, annoyed. "Kagome, they are drawn to this specific area, drawn by the smell of sacred power."

Kagome rubbed the back of her head embarissingly. "Right. Sorry..."

The trees slowly started to jerk back and fourth, and the wind started to pick up. The ground shook, and Kagome braced herself for what was to come.

A huge troll demon appeared out of the woods, with razor sharp teeth and black skin, with red eyes.

Kagome flinched in fear, and looked at Gaichi.

Gaichi gave her a supporting look and geustered to the giant troll.

Kagome clenched her teeth tightly, grabbing her bow slowly and pulling out an arrow. She narrowed her eyes in concentration, and the demon flinched, then ran towards her.

Kagome yelled, and ran out of the way just in time. She ran a few feet away from the monster, and dropped to her knee to aim her arrow. Power swirled around it quickly, and Kagome grunted with concentration.

"Go!" She realeased, and it soared straight into the troll. It left a huge gap in it's chest from her arrow, and it began to purify his body. The troll demon fell, dead, and slowly evaporated into thin air.

"Well done." Gaichi nodded. "This is to test your reflexes and the quickness of how you can summon your powers."

Kagome wearily looked at her surroundings, listening carfully for other demons.

"So it begins." Gaichi murmured, smiling.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks so much for all the views, guys!  It means so much to me, really! :')  Here is Chapter 6, I hope you enjoy it!