- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome and Kilala were almost there, but since it was close to night already, they decided to stop and find a safe place to rest. They found a clearing with a stream, so the stopped and got something to drink. Kagome gave Kilala some treats and some of the bread, and she ate some herself.

"Great fighting today, Kilala." Kagome replied, petting Kilala behind the ear. Kilala hissing contentedly. Kagome leaned against Kilala, and the feline put her tails over Kagome and formed a protective shield around her.

"Thank you for coming, Kilala. I couldn't have done any of this without you..." Kagome wandered off, drifting into sleep. Kilala meowed and closed her eyes herself.

--------------------------

Kagome woke at around noon, and she stood, walking over to the stream. She splashed the water over her face to waker her up, and cleaned up a little bit. She had a few bruises, but nothing serious. She was covered in dirt, and she sighed.

Kilala walked over to Kagome and geustered for her to climb on. Kagome nodded and hopped on, murmuring "Good morning" to her. They soared into the sky, and a huge village appeared on a mountain ahead of them.

"We're almost there, Kilala." Kagome exclaimed happily.

--------------------------

Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo arrived at a village four days later. It took them a lot longer to get there than usual, since they didn't know which direction Kagome went since Inuyasha couldn't smell her scent at all. They looked around, at the cheerful villagers and children running around.

"Kagome was here! I can smell her scent!" Inuyasha replied. It was the first time he was able to smell it since she left. Where? Where is she? He looked all over the place looking for her. "I don't see Kagome anywhere!" Inuyasha yelled.

"You know Priestess Kagome?" A voice replied behind them.

They turned to see an old lady walking towards them.

"Excuse me, how do you know Lady Kagome?" Miroku asked the old lady.

The old lady smiled tenderly. "Why, Kagome saved this village!"

"What?" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"You are obviously looking for her, so come to my home and I will explain." The old lady replied. She turned and led the way, with Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango-with Shippo on her shoulder-following. "Oh, by the way," The old woman stopped. "My name is Sana."

-----------------------------------

When Inuyasha and everyone reached the old lady's home, they met her husband, Kentaro.

"These people are looking for Kagome! Isn't that funny?" Sana exclaimed, sitting next to her husband. "Please sit," Sana replied.

Everyone sat, and Inuyasha crossed his arms.

"So, why is Kagome the savior of this village? It sounds like a big deal." Miroku asked.

Sango nodded. "I heard all the villagers talking her as we passed them."

Sana nodded. "She came about a week ago, riding on Kilala. I assume you know the demon cat if you know Kagome?"

Sango nodded. "Yeah, she's my companion."

Sana nodded. "We ran into each other, and she asked me if I knew a place to stay." She adjusted her legs into a more comfortable position. "I offered to let her stay here, and she was very polite and met my Kentaro here." She nodded at Kentaro, and he smiled. "We offered to give her food, and she excepted. We fed your Kilala too, miss." Sana looked at Sango.

"Yes, thank you." Sango smiled gratefully.

"We then told her about the demon that had been terrorizing our village for years, and how it appeared as a hundred demons that was controled by one mind. We also told her how we would have to give a sacrafice every month to it to stay alive."

"That's horrible." Miroku stated.

Kentaro nodded. "Yes, it was. And, then Kagome realised that Sana was the next sacrafice."

Everyone gasped. "You were?" Inuyasha asked.

Sana nodded. "When she heard that, she went to the Headmaster."

"To do what?" Inuyasha growled.

"To take on the demon herself." Sana murmured.

Inuyasha flinched, and widened his eyes. "S-She went the your Headmaster to ask to kill all those demons? By herself?"

Sana nodded sadly. "She was super brave, and the day I was supposed to be given to the demon, she stood infront of the village and protected us."

Everyone was holding their breath.

"Atleast fifty appeared, and Kagome took them out with her arrows, with the help off her two-tailed friend, Kilala."

"Kagome took out fifty?" Shippo asked in awe.

Sana smiled and nodded. "She was incredible. But then..."

Inuyasha gripped Tesusaiga tightly. " 'But then' what?"

"A group of one hundred demons appeared from the clouds."

"One hundred?" Miroku murmured. "Incredible."

"Kagome had only one arrow left."

Inuyasha cringed. There's no way Kagome could have taken out so many with one arrow!

"She had so much determination, it radiated from her." Sana pictured Kagome strong and powerful in her mind, standing with her arrow aimed. "Her power literally swirled around her, and her body glowed so brightly we had to shield our eyes behind the walls of the huts."

Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku's eyes were wide, and they were listening intently, especially Inuyasha.

Sana continued. "When she released her arrow, she vowed not to let anyone else die, and her arrow's sacred power increased dramatically."

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha murmured.

"The power around her arrow spread so wide it almost covered the sky. It sailed straight through the one hundred demons and purified every single one, killing them instantly."

"Kagome killed one hundred demons with just one arrow?" Sango asked, dumbstruck.

"That's amazing." Miroku added quietly.

Kagome killed all of them with just one? She killed one hundred demons? Inuyasha was shocked. Kagome is that powerful?

"When it hit the first demon, light exploded across the sky and even purified the dark clouds, and brought the sun out." Kentaro explained. "And when the light cleared, we saw her laying on the ground, exhausted."

"Oh no." Sango whispered.

"She was hurt?" Inuyasha growled.

Sana nodded. "It was clearly visible. She limped over to us villagers and looked like she was going to collapse. She had dirt all over her, and a few cuts a bruises. But amazingly, she stood her ground." Sana smiled admiringly. "She left soon after."

Inuyasha and everyone else took in the story, amazed.

"I can't belive it." Sango replied.

"But there was problem." Kentaro replied.

Everyone turned towards Kentaro, even Sana.

He looked at them all. "She killed most of them, but missed one."

"What?" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"Missed one? What do you mean, Kentaro?" Sana asked. "I didn't see any other demons."

"It's because he disappeared so fast I thought even I had imagined it." Kentaro crossed his arms. "He was watching Kagome, smiling evily. He was inside a strange force field, and he had long black hair and tentacles coming out of his back. He had bones on his body, and an eye in the middle of his chest."

"That's.." Shippo started.

Inuyasha was frozen. "Naraku! He's after Kagome!" He stood, and looked down at Kentaro. "Which way did he disapear? Show me!"

Kentaro led them outside, and pointed west. "He followed her that way, into the clouds."

Inuyasha took off immediatly, with Sango and Miroku following.