- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters!!

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha had found a villager and asked which direction was the Priestess Daichi. He had him by the collar, and the villager fearfully told him the directions. Inuyasha dropped him and started to run in that direction.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha stopped abruptly and turned, to see Miroku, Sango, and Shippo running towards him.

"What is it?"

"We will accompany you to find Kagome." Miroku replied, coming to a stop.

Inuyasha growled. "I don't care what you do. All I know is I'm bringing Kagome back." He took off again, with Miroku, Sango, and Shippo in pursuit.

-----------------------------------------

Kagome was walking through the streets, the villagers looking at her. I won't let Sana be sacrificed. Too many people have been sacrificed already.

"Is that the priestess?" She overheard a villager whisper to another. "She's the one who the Headmaster said would destroy the demon."

Kagome remembered speaking with him this morning.

Kagome walked through the mansion's doors, and was escorted by servants to the Headmaster.

When she reached the room he resided in, he was sitting on the floor writing scrolls, which was spread out before him.

"Headmaster, here is the priestess who wanted to see you." A servant replied.

"Welcome." The headmaster gestered. "Please, sit."

Kagome sat in front of him. She got right to the point. "I want to help kill the demon. I hate the idea you have to sacrifice people."

The Headmaster nodded. "I hate the fact we have to do that aswell. I don't want to sacrifice anyone else anymore. We have given too many people already. But the problem is that the demon appears atleast as one hundred diffrent demons, yet they talk as one, as one demon."

Kagome flinched. "That many?"

"Yes. That's why we haven't been able to stop it at all."

There was a moment of silence, then Kagome tightened her hold on her bow. "The next one to be sacrificed is my friend. I won't just stand by and let her die." Kagome stood. "I'll take care of the demon, you have my word."

Kagome walked past the whispering crowd, and stopped at the entrance to the village. I can do this, Kagome thought, loading an arrow. I can save these people.

She waited, and the wind steadily blew. Suddenly, out of the trees came many demons in size and shape. She aimed her arrow, and concentrated with all her might. I wont let anyone else die! She released, and simultaneously Kagome's sacred power swirled around her arrow, flying towards the group of demons. It took out atleast twenty, which Kagome smiled for. She aimed again, and fired. Another twenty down.

Suddenly one came straight at her, and Kagome quickly released an arrow and purified it. One flew towards Kagome from behind, and Kagome didn't have enough time to react.

Kilala was there, and she took it out with a bite to the neck.

"Thanks Kilala!" Kagome yelled over the cries of the demons.

Kilala roared in triumph, and ran to Kagome's side. They were back to back, watching the demons circling the air. "Let's do this Kilala!" Kagome exclaimed with determination.

Kilala roared again, and took to the air, fighting demons. Kagome aimed and fired, taking out another group. More appeared from the woods, and Kagome clenched her teeth tightly.

A cry rang out, and Kagome turned quickly in surprise to see a group of demons heading for the villagers.

"Oh no you don't!" Kagome yelled, firing another arrow. It flew over the villager's heads, purifying the demons and saving them. "I got 'em." She murmered. She turned to look at the sky, and looked at the villagers. "Get back inside!" She yelled at them. "And don't come back out until it's over!"

The small group of villagers nodded, running to hide in their homes, and Kagome looked to the sky to search for Kilala.

She was taking out quite a few demons, but some were rushing towards her while she was fighting a diffrent group.

"Kilala!" Kagome yelled. She shot an arrow, and it killed the demons before they got to the feline. Kilala looked down at her gratefully, and flew off to fight more.

Kagome reached behind her to grab another arrow, and she pulled it out swiftly. She fired and fired, taking out as many as she could at a time. Finally, they all disapeared, and Kagome hit the ground in exhaustion.

It's over. Kagome thought, panting hard.

Suddenly the earth rattled, and the wind picked up. Storm clouds appeared, and an ominous feeling came over Kagome.

Kagome cried out in surprise. There's more?! A hundred demons came out from the clouds, all flying towards her. She scowled, and stood. She reached to pull out an arrow from her quiver, and cringed when she realized she only had one more arrow left. I have to make this one count! Kagome raised her last arrow into the air. She focused as hard as she could, and her eyes narrowed as she put all of her power into that one arrow. In her aiming pose, Kagome's sacred power swirled around her body, and the wind pushed back in the other direction, whipping Kagome's hair all over the place.

"We will devour your soul, girl!" The demons screamed as one.

"I wont let anyone else die!" Kagome screamed with defiance.

She released.

Kagome's sacred power expanded around the arrow five times larger than it usually did. It was gigantic, and her arrow shot swiftly through the air, cutting through the wind currents and straight to the demons. You can make it!

It collided with the first demon, and it exploded, sending jets of light everywhere. Everywhere the light touched, it purified. Kagome shielded her eyes, and Kilala landed infont of her, protecting her from the wind. Kagome's sacred power pulsed through the air, and her arrow shot straight through the hundred demons, killing them instantly. It shot through the sky, and into the clouds. The wind disappeared, and the setting sun appeared.

Kagome leaned against Kilala. "We did it Kilala..." She murmured, resting her head against Kilala's shoulder, sitting on her knees, unable to move. Kilala hissed happily.

The villagers walked outside quietly, stunned. When they saw Kagome standing up, they errupted into cheers and prayers. The roar of the croud made Kagome smile, and out of the croud came Sana and Kentaro.

"Kagome! You're alright!" Sana ran over to her-as fast as an old lady could go-and hugged her. "You did it child! You killed the demon!"

Kagome smiled. "I'm glad I could help."

"We are forever in your debt."

Kagome looked up from the fussy old Sana and saw the Headmaster standing there.

"Thank you so much for saving this village, Priestess Kagome." Headmaster replied, bowing. The crowd did the same.

Kagome was getting embarassed. "It's no problem at all. I'm just glad everyone's okay."

Kilala walked to her side, and she hopped on. "We have to leave now, but take care."

"Wait!" Sana exclaimed. "Take this!" She held a small bundle.

Kagome took it curiously, and opened it up. It was the leftover bread from the meal before, and the treats Kentaro made for Kilala.

"It's not much, but..." Kantaro replied, standing by Sana's side.

"Thank you." Kagome murmured. She tied it to her back, and Kilala started to walk away.

"You come back and visit us again, you hear?" Sana yelled.

"I will! Take care everyone!" Kagome yelled as Kilala lept into the air.

Everyone waved, and Kagome smiled as they disappeared over the horizon.

Chapter End Notes:
Oh yeahs, Kagome is freaking awesome. >:3  Lol, Hope you like it! ^^