- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own and of the Inuyasha Characters whatsoever!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The group had just defeated Hoshiyomi, and Inuyasha and Kagome were still fuming from their argument. Inuyasha had a stubborn scowl on his face, and Kagome looked like she was going to tell him to sit.

Miroku, Sango, and Shippo were hovering a ways away, cautious not to get to close for fear they would start another argument.

"Miroku, how long do you think they'll stay like this?" Sango whispered.

Miroku looked at the two, and sighed heavily. "Who knows. Hopefully everything will go back to normal eventually."

Sango said nothing and focused her attention back onto Inuyasha and Kagome, who were farther apart than usual.

Suddenly they stopped, and Kagome was the one who spotted it first. "A.. village?"

"Lets go check it out," Miroku replied. "We could use a break."

Inuyasha growled with annoyance. "Keh! Are you kidding me? We haven't been walking for that long!"

"It will also be useful to see if we can get any clues on the last shard." Miroku added.

Inuyasha quieted, but growled with annoyance. "Fine. Just for a little bit though, cause we need to find the last shard!"

They walked down the path in silence, and Kagome frowned. When I was captured by Hoshiyomi, I couldn't do anything about it. She remembered everyone struggling to free her from Hoshiyomi's possesion. I got everyone in a dangerous position, when I should be able to take care of myself. Kagome clenched her teeth. And she didn't notice when they entered the village. Yet I always get so easily captured! If I hadn't, none of that would have happened-

"Hello travelers." An old man interrupted Kagome's thoughts. "What are you here for?"

Miroku stepped up to the plate. "Kind sir, we need some information on a few things..." They walked away, their voices fading.

Kagome saw Sango start to follow, with an annoyed expression on her face. "You're going too, Sango?" Kagome yelled after her.

"Of course! That monk will probably ask where the woman are, and not ask anything about the shards!" Sango replied, running after Miroku.

Kagome sighed. "Let's hope not." A commotion turned her and Inuyasha's attention to a group of people huddled around an old man, with very little hair and he was wearing an old kimono. "Hey what's that?" Kagome wondered aloud, running to the group of people.

"Hay, where're you goin'?" Inuyasha called after her, but he didn't follow.

Kagome came to a stop at the edge of the crowd, and weaved her way through muttering "Excuse me"s, and "Sorry"s. She pushed to the front, to catch what the old man was saying.

"...Amazing teacher. She helps teach priestess to become stronger and control their powers, to do amazing things."

The crowd awed in wonder.

"Excuse me," Kagome interrupted. "What is it that you said? Someone who teaches priestesses?"

The old man looked at her with a look of wonder, but continued. "Her names id Daichi, but if you are a student, she goes by Lady Sensei." The croud dispersed, having to already have heard this story, and going to talk about it amungst theirselves. "She lives a ways away, about two days west." He pointed in the direction, and stood. "She trains priestesses in controling their power and increasing it in strength." He grabbed his things he had rested against the building behind him, and started to walk away. "If Lady Daichi think that priestess is strong enough after their training, she will have them face up against a powerful demon."

"Wait!" Kagome exclaimed, and the old man came to a stop and turned his head to look at her expectantly. "Does-Does she train all types of priestesses?" Kagome asked quietly.

The old man nodded. "Despite how little priestesses there are in this world, there are many diffrent kinds who all use their sacred power diffrently. She knows how to train them all, to make their own special way of fighting and to protect other people." He continued to walk away, and Kagome stared after him, watching him disappear into the croud.

Then he was hidden from sight, Kagome silently walked back over to Inuyasha, who was sitting on a fence nearby, doing nothing.

"What was that all about, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome stayed silent, ignoring him. She leaned against the fence, looking at the ground, thinking about everything the old man had said. If I go to this Daichi person, could she teach me to get stronger and show me how to help take care of myself?

Chapter End Notes:
First chapter of my second Inuyasha fanfiction.  Enjoy, and if you have any pointers, I will gladly like to know them!  I hope you like it! <3