- Text Size +

"Here ye are, child." Kaede put the last of the herbs on Kagome's festered injury, and rewrapped it in fresh bandages.

"Thank you Kaede. It feels a lot better," Kagome commented, and closed her eyes in relief.

It really had been hurting Kagome, more than she would have liked to admit. Inuyasha was sitting against the wall, with Miroku, Sango, and Shippo not far away.

"I'm glad to see you feeling better, Lady Kagome." Miroku said, smiling.

"Yes, it's good to see you up again," Sango added, cleaning her weapon, Hiraikotsu.

Shippo walked up to Kagome's side. "Kagome?"

Kagome opened her eyes and looked over at him. "Yes? What is it Shippo?" She replied, putting her kimono back down over her side.

Shippo teared up a little bit. "I'm glad you didn't die. I'm glad your okay!"

Kagome smiled and picked him up gently. "I'm glad too, Shippo." She hugged him quickly, and put him back down.

"Keh. Quit with the mushy stuff already!" Inuyasha said.

Kagome sighed, putting Shippo back down. "Inuyasha?" she asked, looking over at him.

Inuyasha lifted his head and lazily looked at her. "What?"

"Could you hand me my bow and arrows?" she asked, getting up.

Inuyasha nodded and stood up, grabbed them, and walked over to Kagome. "Here."

"Thanks," Kagome said.

Inuyasha nodded and looked at her. "What do you need them for?"

"Oh, I wanted to try something," Kagome said, starting to slowly walk outside.

"Ye really shouldn't be moving, Kagome." Lady Kaede protested.

"It'll only take a second," Kagome replied. She stepped past Inuyasha, who didn't hesitate to follow her.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked, following her away from the hut.

Kagome walked to a nearby tree, and put her arrows over her shoulder. "You'll see."

"Keh." Inuyasha stepped next to her, watching her.

Kagome aimed for another tree at least a mile away, with a knot in the middle of the trunk.

"I'll hit the mark," Kagome replied, determined.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Miroku replied, comimg out of Lady Kaede's hut with Sango and everyone else trailing behind.

"I want to see if.." Kagome's voice wandered away, and she grabbed an arrow and aimed her bow straight for it. IT took a minute for Kagome to release her arrow, but once she did, it sailed straight to the tree a mile away.

"It's going to hit the knot in the bark!" Shippo exclaimed excitedly.

And just like that, it sailed straight to the mark, and it hit with a thud.

Kagome smiled. "Alright!"

"What were you trying to prove, Kagome?" Sango asked, puzzled.

"I was seeing if my aim was still wobbly," Kagome replied, putting her bow over her shoulder.

"Why would you need to do that?" Inuyasha barked.

"Other demons are still out there right? They could come soon, and I need to make sure my skills aren't decreased from my injury."

"Kagome, ye should go rest now. It's not good to stress your wound so much," Kaede remarked.

Kagome nodded and slowly walked back towards the hut.

Inuyasha's ears moved forward. "Look out Kagome!" He grabbed her and moved her out of the way just in time, from Koga coming at her for a hug.

Inuyasha landed by Miroku and Sango, and set Kagome down gently.

Koga smiled. "Yo."

"Koga? Is that you? It's been so long since I've-" Kagome winced, and held her side.

"Huh? What is it Kagome?" Inuyasha asked worredly. He froze and sniffed the air.

<i>Blood</i>

"Kagome your wound reopened!" Shippo yelled.

Kagome opened her right eye, and kneeled down to the ground.

Koga was there in an instant. "Kagome! He put a hand on her side, and removed it to have it stained on his fingertips with Kagome's blood." He growled and slashed out at Inuyasha, who barely dodged the blow.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha yelled.

"You <i>bastard</i>! How could you do this to her? So it <i>was</i> true! That demon did hurt her!" Koga yelled and slashed out again, and kept sending blows, slamming his fist into the ground when he missed Inuyasha.

"Damn! Calm down you mangy wolf! You--Keh?!?"

Inuyasha landed on the ground to see Koga next to Kagome, picking her up.

Kagome's eyes were wide. "K-Koga?" She was still in pain, so she couldn't say much. "W-What're you--" She stopped in mid scentence.

Koga kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, Kagome. I should have never gave up on you. I still love you, Kagome!" He moved in to kiss her lips, with Kagome trying to turn her head away.

Inuyasha didn't say anything. He just jumped at Koga who slowly put Kagome down and dodged his blow. "How <i>dare</i> you do that to Kagome! Don't ever do that again!" He was growling fiercly, standing in front of Kagome protectively. "I'll kill ya!"

"I-Inuyasha..." Kagome said weakly.

Inuyasha stopped and turned around quickly. "Kagome?"

Kagome's wound bled even more, and she fell to her knees.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha and Koga both yelled together.

Kaede ran out from the hut bringing more bandages. "We can't carry her inside; it would make her bleed more," Kaede lifted Kagome's blood-stained kimono and cleaned her wound and rewrapped it.

"Sorry Kaede," Kagome replied weakly.

"No need to apoligize, child. You should have just listened--"

Koga slowly picked Kagome up.

"Koga!" Kagome yelled the same time Inuyasha clenched his fists.

"Put. Her. Down." Inuyasha growled.

Koga didn't listen and he just walked back into the hut with her. Inuyasha ran after him, growling and about to kill Koga.

<i>How dare he do that to Kagome!</i>

Kagome was being set down and Koga turned back to Inuyasha. "Now mutt face, what is it you wanted?" He said, smirking.

"You-you-" Inuyasha remembered Koga kissing Kagome's head, and fury errupted in his body.

Kagome saw Inuyasha's expression, and flinched. "Inuyasha..."

Inuyasha looked over at her, and walked to her. "What is it Kagome?" He asked worredly. Koga turned back to look at them.

She didn't say anything but Inuyasha could tell in Kagome's eyes she didn't want them to fight, just for him to leave. Inuyasha slowly nodded and stood up. He landed a punch and knocked Koga out the door, with Kagome gasping in surprise.

Koga fell out the door, almost running into the entering Miroku and Sango.

"Watch it!" Shippo yelled angrily.

Inuyasha lifted his fist to the rising Koga. "<i>That</i> was for what you did to Kagome,"

Koga stood. "Heh. Jealous?"

"As if!"

Koga looked back into the hut, with Kagome inside. "I'll be back soon, Kagome! Stay safe! Have the others protect you; not mutt face though, he can't protect anything!"

"What?!" Inuyasha yelled.

Koga took off and ran.

"Damn him to hell," Inuyasha muttered.

Miroku sighed. "Me and Sango will stay guard outside. I can feel a mass of demonic aura coming and surrounding this area."

"Yeah, I felt it too!" Shippo added. "I'll help!"

"As will I," Lady Kaede said, they went off a little ways, and Kaede set up a barrier with Miroku, while Shippo, Kilala, and Sango whet around the area scouting. Inuyasha walked back to the hut Kagome was in.

"Kagome?" He asked, entering the hut.

Kagome was sitting there, lighting a fire. "Well wasn't that a surprising visit?"

Inuyasha growled. "I can't belive he kissed you..."

Kagome turned her head to look at him, and stared.

"What?"

Kagome shook her head and wrapped a blanket around her shoulders, because It was starting to get unaturally cold. Inuyasha slumped his shoulders and walked over to her, and sat next to her.

Miroku walked in. "Inuyasha, a demon is making it freezing around here, hoping to get Kagome sick and her guard down. We put up a barrier and nothing will get in, but it will get unnaturally colder." Miroku brought in more heavier, bigger blankets. "Make sure Kagome stays warm."

Inuyasha nodded and set the blankets close to the fire, to warm them up.

Kagome was already shivering, so she laid down, with Inuyasha putting the warm blankets over her body. Inuyasha walked back over to the opposite wall, and sat down, crossing his legs and resting Tessaiga against his shoulder.

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 9, everyone!  Reviews are welcome too!  If you like it, please comment.  If you don't, please, tell me why. :)