- Text Size +

Kagome woke, and her eyes slowly opened. She had her head against Inuyasha's chest, and her hand resting on his heart. Inuyasha's robe of the fire rat was covering her torso, which kept her warm from the morning chill. She looked up at him. Kagome rarely saw Inuyasha sleep so soundly; his arms were still wrapped tightly around her body. Kagome smiled and closed her eyes, laying her head back on his chest. A gentle breaze was blowing, and it rustled their hair. Diffrent strands intertwined and blowed together, one of Kagome's and one of Inuyasha's.

I'm so happy I'm back.

Kagome slowly sat up, and surprisingly didn't wake Inuyasha. Her kimono wasn't enough to protect her from the chill, and she shivered. Kagome smiled and blushed.

Who knew trees could be so comfortable to sleep in.

Kagome gently touched her side, barely feeling the bandaged edges wrapped around her stomach under her kimono. She winced; she was still pretty sore. She removed her hand from her side and sighed. Another breeze emerged, and blossoms fell from the tree limbs above them.

It's so peaceful... Kagome thought, looking up.

Just then, Inuyasha stirred. His eyes slowly opened, and he blinked a few times, and his ears wiggled.

Kagome laughed. "Good morning, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha sat up, and looked at Kagome with a worried expression. "Are you okay, Kagome? Did you sleep okay?"

Kagome nodded and smiled. "Yes, I slept fine, thank you."

Inuyasha blushed and turned his head away. "Keh. Quit saying thanks already, would ya?"

Kagome smiled again and looked out over the forest, watching the sunrise.

Inuyasha turned back to look at Kagome.

"Oh yes, here." Kagome said, giving Inuyasha back his top half of his kimono.

Inuyasha took it and put it over Kagome's shoulders. "Wear it. It's cold out in the morning."

Kagome's eyes widened in surprise, but then they softened. "Thanks." She said quietly.

Inuyasha blushed lightly and scooted closer to her, putting an arm around her waist.

He didn't say anything about me saying thank you, Kagome thought.

She winced, and Inuyasha put his arms around her shoulders. "What's wrong Kagome? Is it your wound?" Inuyasha tried to get her to look at him, but her head stayed down. "Kagome?"

She slowly pulled her head up. "It's nothing; my wound is just sore."

"To hell with that! Let's get you back to Lady Kaede's so she can treat it again," Inuyasha argued.

Before Kagome could say anything, Inuyasha gently picked her up and jumped from the tree. They landed lightly on the ground. Kagome tried to stand but she didn't have enough strength to.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha put her in his arms again. "How in the hell did you walk all the way here if you can barely walk now?"

"Will power." Kagome replied.

"Whatever. Let's get you back," Inuyasha said.

Inuyasha stood up and held Kagome gently, and took off at a run.

"Inuyasha, I'm fine, really." Kagome protested weakly. "I can walk."

"Don't be stupid, we need to get you back quickly. Your wound needs to be treated again," Inuyasha argued.

Kagome sighed. "Alright."

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are welcome!  If you like it, please comment!  If you don't, tell me why~! :)