- Text Size +

"Nice job, Inuyasha." Miroku said, walking up to him.

"Whatever."

"Thank you so much for your help travelers; please except these rice barrels as payment," the head villager replied.

Inuyasha was following Miroku out the entrance. Miroku riding on a small cart pulled by horses carrying goodies from the village. "You're such a poser," Inuyasha grumbled. "I was the only one who did actual work."

"My dear Inuyasha, I have to get money and food for my growing family," Miroku replied a little too happily.

Inuyasha sighed and started to think about Kagome again. He was eager to get back to make sure she was okay.

"Inuyasha!"

Is that...?

"Shippo? Kilala?" Miroku called out. Kilala landed on the ground and Shippo jumped off.

"What is it?" Inuyasha asked quickly.

"Inuyasha, you have to hurry! It's Kagome!"

Kagome!

Inuyasha took off without a second hesitation, and ran as fast as he could back to Lady Kaede's village.

--------------------------------------------------

It was nighttime by the time Inuyasha got back to the village. Inuyasha ran straight to the hut Kagome was sleeping in, and rushed inside.

Kagome wasn't there. Just Lady Kaede.

"W-Where's..?"

"She went off to the cliff, Inuyasha. She's waiting for you," Kaede replied.

Inuyasha nodded and quickly went after her.

---------------------------------------------------

The stars sure are pretty, Kagome thought peacefully. There was a slight breeze, and it made her hair fly around, and the moon shone with brilliance. the light was so bright it reflected off her skin, and you could see the moon in her eyes. She was a little bit sore from her wound, and she needed a little support from her bow.

I hope Inuyasha comes... He must have been so worried..

"Huh?" Kagome turned around.

---------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha was almost there, he could smell her scent. He desperatly wanted to see her; he missed Kagome so much. It had been weeks since she'd done anything except sleep. He misssed her voice, her smile, her eyes, everything.

He jumped high over the trees, and he saw Kagome, looking out to the rising moon. She was standing up, using her bow for support. She was smiling, with the moon shining on her face. The wind rustled her kimono and her hair.

"Kagome."

She turned her head towards him and looked at him. "Inuyasha..." She murmered. Kagome was so happy to see him, it seemed like a shock.

Inuyasha landed a few feet away from her, and he just stood there, looking at her. "Kago.." Kagome gasped surprisingly. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's Kimono and pulled her into an embrace. He hugged her tightly, and Kagome wrapped her arms around his back. Inuyasha laid his hand on her head, and pressed his cheek up against her head. Kagome's bow dropped to the ground softly.

"You're okay..." Inuyasha said, his voice hoarse. You couldn't see his eyes, they were covered by shadow and hair. "I'm so sorry Kagome!"

Kagome's eyes widened over his shoulder. "Inuyasha, It's okay, I'm alright. I'm all better now." Kagome's balance was still a bit wobbly, so she tripped and closed her eyes, waiting for the impact of earth.

But it didn't come.

She opened her eyes to be in Inuyasha's lap, and her head under his chin.

"I thought I lost you."

Kagome's mouth was agape from surprise, but she shut it quickly.

"Y-You're not hurting, are you?" Inuyasha asked, his face still hidden. He had his arms wrapped around her, and she was cloacked in his warmth and care.

"Inuyasha, I'm okay. Still a little wobbly, but.." Kagome trailed off, because Inuyasha finally showed his face to her.

Inuyasha had tears in his eyes-tears-Kagome had seen him cry over Kikyo, but.. not her. "I..I didn't protect you like I promised. You got hurt because of me, got hurt trying to protect me. I let you get hurt, almost killed! This is all my fault! I almost lost you!" Inuyasha shaked his head fiercly, and tears trickled down his face.

"Inuyasha. Look at me." Kagome whispered.

Inuyasha slowly looked down to her, looking into her lovely eyes. "Don't put the blame on yourself, Inuyasha. You did everything you could. You protected me, no doubt about it." Kagome said defiantly. "And besides..." She smiled and looked down. "I think you took care of me while I was resting, too. It's wierd, like I knew you were there..." she looked up at Inuyasha's wide eyes. "Inuyasha, I'm sorry I made you so worried."

"Stop. Don't you dare apoligize. None of it was your fault, none. Damn it, I never stopped worrying about you, Kagome! I thought about you day and night, and even dreamed about you." He bent over and his eyes were shadowed again. "I was so...scared. I thought you were going to die." He looked at her again.

"Inuyasha..."

"Kagome.." Inuyasha looked at Kagome very intensely, and he hugged her tighter and closer to him. They both lifted their heads and just stared. Slowly, their heads moved closer and closer together.

Wait. Kagome thought. Are we going to..?

Inuyasha kissed her sweetly, and his tears finally spilled over his cheeks and onto Kagome's face. They pulled away, and Kagome sat up.

Inuyasha hold her shoulders. "Are you okay Kagome?"

Kagome's response was she teared the end of her kimono sleeve. Inuyasha's ears moved at the sudden sound. Kagome used it as a cloth to wipe away Inuyasha's leftover tears. His eyes softened, and he looked into her eyes as she wiped them away.

Kagome smiled and dropped the cloth. "There. All better now," She laughed a little and turned her head.

Inuyasha smiled just a little. Thank you Kagome

"Inuyasha pulled her back into his lap, and Kagome rested her back against his chest and they looked at the stars together."

They stayed like that, until they both got sleepy and Inuyasha found a tree they could sleep in. Inuyasha used his robe as a blanket for Kagome, and she rested against him. They fell asleep with Inuyasha holding Kagome close to him.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are welcome!  If you like it, comment!  If you don't like it, please, tell me why. :)