- Text Size +

It had been three weeks since Kagome was hurt by Hurukai. She has been sleeping this entire time, but she had been getting better everyday, until two days ago. Now, her condition stayed the same. And everyone was getting worried. Inuyasha was gathering firewood when he smelled an all too-familiar stench.

"Hey mutt face, how's it going?"

Inuyasha growled and turned around. "Well, if it isn't flea bag."

Koga punched Inuyasha in the head. "Shut up mutt. Now, I have been patroling lately and I heard that a certain priestess was back. That would be Kagome, I presume?"

"Like I'd tell you!" Inuyasha yelled.

Koga punched him again, and dodged a swipe of Inuyasha's claws. "The closer I got, the faster I heard another rumor." Koga got into Inuyasha's face and scowled. "A rumor that the priestess was killed by a demon named Hurukai!"

Inuyasha growled. "Stay out if this, wolf! You're already married, aren't you? So you shouldn't feel anything for Kagome anymore!" He threw a log at Koga, who dodged it with ease.

"You idiot! I never stopped loving Kagome! Just because I care for Ayame doen't mean I need to stop caring for Kagome." Koga narrowed his eyes and frowned at Inuyasha. "I'm sure you would understand, since you were two-timing Kagome with that other priestess-"

"Shut up!" Inuyasha roared. He dropped the gathered firewood and charged at Koga, throwing attacks and dodging kicks from Koga.

Koga jumped a few feet away, and stared at Inuyasha. "How could you let something like that happen to her? I knew I should have waited; I should have claimed Kagome for my own! Yeah, I know what happened! Hurukai slashed her side clean open!""

"Why you..." Inuyasha muttered.

Koga folded his arms and turned his head away. "Hmph. I should have known you couldn't protect her." He turned around, and ran with a pack of wolves that appeared, back in the direction he came from.

"Are you running away?" Inuyasha yelled after him.

"As if. I'm going to keep listening in on any news. If I hear anything about Kagome being dead, I'll kill ya!" Koga faded in the distance, leaving quickly even without the sacred jewel chards in his legs from those years ago.

Must've gotten used to it by now, the flea bag... Inuyasha's facial expression faltered, and he sighed and picked up the firewood.

Kagome...

--------------------------------------------------------

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha woke with a start, and remebered he had fallen asleep outside the hut where Kagome was. He had been dreaming about Kagome again, these past three weeks since she became hurt.

Inuyasha decided to check in on her, and silently stood up and walked inside. Lady Kaede was asleep near Kagome, with her bow and arrows not far away. Inuyasha turned to Kagome, who was asleep on her back. She looked the same she's been for weeks now.

How much longer will it be until she wakes up? ... Will she even wake up at all?

---------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and Miroku were hunting down a demon the next day. It was plaging a village a little ways away from the village Kagome was resting at. Inuyasha didn't want to leave Kagome, but Miroku needed help. And Sango stayed with Kagome, she was watching out for her with Kilala, Shippo, and Lady Kaede. Sango had asked Kohaku to take care of her and Miroku's kids for awhile at Totosai's home. It was the safest place for them. Sango would send Kilala to help once in awhile; and bring back news that they were doing okay.

Inuyasha was standing by a small hut with Tessaiga on his shoulder, waiting for the demon to appear.

"Hey Miroku! Hurry it up over there!" Inuyasha called.

"Just be patient, Inuyasha."

"Keh," Inuyasha replied, looking away.

Suddenly a demon exited the hut, writhering in pain. It tried to escape, but stopped when it saw the humans. It roared and charged after them.

"Now Inuyasha!" Miroku ordered.

"Heh. So this is what you look like, demon?" Inuyasha swung his sword back. "Wind Scar!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Shippo sighed. "Sango, Kaede?"

"What is it, Shippo?" They both asked. They were inside the hut Kagome was in, staying cozy by the fire. Sango was changed into her Demon slaying uniform, and her weapon was resting on the wall behind her.

Shippo looked over to Kagome. "When is Kagome going to wake up?"

"Were aren't sure yet, Shippo. Anytime, really." Sango replied.

"Ye need to be patient, child." Lady Kaede added.

Shippo sighed and looked back at the fire.

Suddenly, Kagome stirred, and Kaede gasped slightly in surprise. She walked over to Kagome, and sat on her knees next to Kagome.

Kagome stirred again, and moaned silently. Kaede's eyes widened. "Shippo."

Shippo winced. "What is it?"

"It be wise if ye went to get Inuyasha, now." Lady Kaede put extra emphasis.

"Take Kilala," Sango said.

Shippo nodded and ran outside, waiting for Kilala to transform to jump onto her back. They soared into the air, going to find Inuyasha and Miroku.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are welcome!  Comment if you like it.  If you dont like, please tell me why. :)