- Text Size +

When Inuyasha and Miroku got back to Kaede, they saw Sango sitting outside in her kimono with Kilala.

"How is she?" Inuyasha asked nervously.

Sango looked up at them. "She's holding on... Kaede is patching her up now. Wait! Don't go in there, Inuyasha! You'll--"

Inuyasha was shocked by a barrier, and he fell backwards, twitching.

Sango sighed. "Kaede put up a barrier to keep out any demonic auras that might try to posses Kagome while she's in this state. Just in case any demon was in a pact with Hurukai."

"Now you tell me?" Inuyasha yelled. "Damn! I need in there, Sango! Old hag! Take down this barrier and let me come in!"

"Stop Inuyasha! Kaede needs all the room she needs to save Kagome, and she doesn't want anyone getting in the way!" Miroku commanded.

"Damn!" Inuyasha stomped his foot on the ground.

"Look, the only thing we can do is help Lady Kaede when she needs things, or we wait until she is finished." Miroku sat down next to Sango and sighed.

Sango looked up at Inuyasha from the ground. "Miroku's right. There is no need to go raging around. The best thing we can do for Kaede and Kagome is wait!"

Inuyasha growled. "Kagome is hurt in there, maybe even--" ..dead.. Inuyasha shook his head fiercely. "Whatever! I'm not going to sit around while Kagome is-i-is..." Inuyasha took of, heading to the forest.

"Now where is he going?" Sango muttered.

"Probably to find anything that could help Kagome or kill avery demon in sight." Miroku replied, his eyes narrowing in annoyance. They both sighed in inusion.

"Hey! Sango, Miroku!"

They both looked up. "Shippo!" Shippo was transformed into his pink blimp, so he poofed back to his original self and landed infront of them.

"Did you take our kids to a safe place?" Sango asked quickly.

"Absolutely!" Shippo nodded. "You might want to go to them now, Sango."

Sango nodded, and grabbed her weapon resting next to her. "Kilala!" Kilala transformed, and they took off.

"Aren't you going to, Miroku?" Shippo asked after Sango disappeared from sight.

"No, I think I should help out here," He answered.

Shippo's eyes teared up a little bit. "Will Kagome be okay?"

Miroku put on a reasuring smile. "Yes Shippo, she'll be okay."

Shippo sat down next to Miroku, and they waited. A few minutes later, Shippo asked where Inuyasha was.

"He's either out killing demons in the area, or he is trying to find something to help Kagome," Miroku replied.

"That Inuyasha is such an idiot! The least he could do is stay here and wait for Kagome to wake up!"

"I don't know, Shippo. Inuyasha is going through something really tough right now. It's only been a month since Kagome has returned. He probably--" Miroku flinched suddenly and started to sweat.

"What is it Miroku?" Shippo asked.

"What if Kouga finds out?" Miroku sighed.

"Well he wouldn't care, would he? He's married to Ayame." Shippo protested.

"I'm sure Kouga still loves Kagome on the inside." Miroku added. "Oh brother. News spreads fast too... This will be a mess if he finds out." Miroku scratched his head and had a silly thinking-face on.

---------------------------------------

It was about an hour before Inuyasha came back.

"What happened to you?" Shippo asked, eyes wide.

Inuyasha's nuckles were bleeding. The stain from Kagome's blood on his right sleeve was gone, but it was all saggy and wet.

Which ment Inuyasha must have tried to clean it off, Miroku thought. But by his expression, he can still smell it.

He was also brething heavily, which also ment he was either fighting or running a long distance even for Inuyasha. "Shut up." Inuyasha hit Shippo in the head, causing a bump to rise.

"What did you do that for?! I was concered about you, okay? Why do have to be such a-" Shippo started to yell at him, but then Kaede walked out and the barrier disaperated.

She looked tired, by how messed up her hair was. Her Kimono front was deeply stained, with wrinkles from where the blood had dried.

Kagome's blood. Inuyasha thought.

"Inuyasha, I have done all that I can. She is still alive, and I cleaned everything up. You can go in now." Kaede motioned to the doorway, and Inuyasha nodded. She walked away with Miroku and Shippo, wanting to give him privacy.

He slowly walked in, and saw Kagome lying on the floor in the back. He walked over to her sleeping body, with his face impassive. He slowly sat down on the floor, and just stared at Kagome.

Kagome..

A single tear dropped onto the wooden floor, yet his eyes were covered by shadows.

"I'm so sorry Kagome! I-I didn't protect you like I promised... You got hurt in the end!" He saw images flashed through his mind. Kagome's smile right before they met Hurukai, her by the fire, her eyes glowing red witht the flames. Even when Kagome told him to sit. Kagome's kindness, when she'd returned; how happy he'd been. Hundreds of images flashed in his mind.

This is all my fault...

"Damn it Kagome! Don't you die on me!" Inuyasha thrashed his head, staring at Kagome's face. She was breathing shallowly, and she was shivering.

Kagome...

He reached for her hand, and held it gently.

Don't leave me.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are welcome. ^^  Comment if you like it! If you don't, please tell me why. :)