- Text Size +

"Inuyasha! Watch it!"  Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha clenched his fist and growled.  "Kagome!  You watch out!  I'm trying to protect you here and your in the way!"

"I'd definetly tell you to-"  Inuyasha flinched.  Kagome sighed.  "That was close."  Kagome turned back to Miroku and Sango on Kirara.  Then she looked at Hurukai.  That's it!

"Miroku!" She yelled.

"What is it Kagome?"

"I need you to--watch out!"  Kagome yelled in warning.

Kirara dodged another bolt from Hurukai, and landed next to Kagome.

"Miroku, do you have a demon paralyzing sutra?"  Kagome asked quickly.  Sango watched Hurukai as Miroku nodded and pulled out a certain one.

"What will this be used for?"  Miroku asked.

"I've got an idea.  Inuyasha?"  Kagome asked.  Inuyasha was a few feet away but he didn't move.

"I'm listening."  He said.

"Okay, this is what we are going to do.."  Kagome started. 

---------------------------------

"...Got it?"  She finished.  Everyone nodded, and they set the plan into motion.

"Hey, jackass?"  Inuyasha taunted from far away.  "You want Kagome?  Come kill me first!"

"I will not be taunted with such disrespectful sayings!"  Hurukai yelled.  He  sent a quick charge beam at him, and Inuyasha continued to distract him as Sango took Kagome on Kirara and hid in the trees behind Hurukai, seeming to be running. 

Kagome jumped off Kirara, and tied the sutra around her arrow.  I can cut through his barrier, so I'll paralyz him and have Inuyasha finish him off with Adamant Barrage or the Wind Scar once his barrier is down.

Kagome took position behind a tree, and strongly positioned her arrow for Hurukai's back.  She waited a little bit longer, hoping to get a better element of surprise after Inuyasha and Miroku distracted the demon for awhile.

"Sacred Sutras!"  Miroku jumped into the air, pulling out his sacred sutras and throwing them at Hurukai's barrier.   It barely made it shimmer.

Now!

Kagome shot her arrow and sacred light radiated from her arrow so brightly she had to close her eyes for a minute.  The arrow went right through Hurukai's barrier.

"What?"  He said, surprisingly.  Kagome's sacred arrow went right into his back, and Hurukai howled in agony.  He fell to the earth, making the ground rattle.  His barrier faded, and he couldn't put another up because his mind was also paralyzed.

"Now Inuyasha!"  Kagome ordered.

"Right!  I'm on it!  Wind Scar!"  Inuyasha replied.  Inuyasha's Wind Scar made direct contact with Hurukai, and the demon's eyes stopped glowing, and his demonic aura dispersed.

--------------------------------------

"We did it!"  Kagome yelled.  Inuyasha was smirking while putting away his Tessaiga;  Miroku and Sango landed beside him.

Kagome passed Hurukai's body, but suddenly he moved, his eyes glowed again, and his claws moved back to strike her.

"Kagome!"  Inuyasha yelled desperatly.

But it was too late.

Kagome fell to the ground,  the right side of her stomach staining her kimono dark red.  Her eyes were clouded over, and her hair was the only thing that moved in the mid-summer breeze.

"At least I could kill the priestess before I died..."  Hurukai growled.

Inuyasha's eyes were as wide as an owl's.  "You-You bastard!"  Inuyasha pulled out Tessaiga swiftly, and raised it above his head.  "Wind Scar!"  Hurukai's body completely disapeared, and Inuyasha dropped to the ground, running over to Kagome, leaving his sword sticking out of the ground a few feet away.

"Kagome? Kagome!  Damn it Kagome, open your eyes! Come on!"  Inuyasha craddled Kagome in his arms, not caring for how stained his kimono was getting.

"Lady Kagome!"  Miroku said, running up to him.

"Inuyasha, we have to get her back to where Lady Kaede is, fast!"  Sango said quickly.  "Put her on Kirara!"

Inuyasha just nodded silently, and swept her into his arms and set her on Kilala.  "Kilala, take us to Lady Kaede, and quickly!"  Sango yelled, jumping onto Kirara.  They flew away, so fast they were gone in a heart beat.

"We'd better follow suit, Inuyasha."  Miroku complied.

Inuyasha ran and grabbed Tessaiga out of the ground, and took off after Sango, with Miroku trailing behind.

Kagome!  You better not die on me!

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 4~ Reviews, comments, and suggestions are welcome!  If you like it, comment, If you dont, please tell me why. :)