- Text Size +

Kagome woke, and she widened her eyes in surprise. She was in Kaede's hut, and no one was there. A fire was going in the middle of the room, and she sat up to look around. Kagome felt her cheek, and a bandage lay there. She also had bandages around her hands, and remembered when she was entangled in Akumakuusoka's dream roots. Kagome then felt the cloth she was laying on, and wondered when she got here. She looked down at her lap, and a blanket rest there.

Someone must have put a blanket over me, then. She thought. Who was it? Kaede?

She stood slowly, and a headache vibrated through her head suddenly. "Ouch.." She muttered, putting a hand to her head. Walking outside, Kagome watched the snow fall steadily. She smiled and looked around.

The village is active today. She thought, watching villagers trudge through the snow and into their huts, where fires glowed through the windows.

She took a deep breath, an released it through her mouth. A cloud of vapor formed, but slowly faded away into the atmosphere. She shivered, realizing how cold it was outside.

"I wonder where everyone is." Kagome thought amusingly, ignoring the cold.

She looked into the sky, and smiled. She didn't feel anything strange, just a nice peace and quiet. She hadn't dreamt any nightmares, either. She had wonderful dreams, full of light and warmth. She turned and walked in the direction of the sacred tree, still smiling. She crossed her arms, trying to stay warm. Kagome didn't care for the cold, she was just content and warm inside. She breathed deeply; even the cold air turned warm inside of her, she was so peaceful.

She looked towards the trees, still walking. The Sacred Tree peaked higher than the others, clearly visible. I'll go sit under the sacred tree... She said in her mind, walking through the snow. Her red and white kimono was new, she noticed. Someone must have changed it when Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, and herself came back here.

I must have slept the whole way back

Kagome continued to walk through the trees; shivering, yet content on her desires.

------------------------------------

Inuyasha was running through the frosted forest, smiling yet concentrating on the route he was taking. He had a present for Kagome in his hand, and he clutched it tightly, afraid he might let go of it.

I can smell Kagome's scent, He thought. She must be awake, and walked out to the sacred tree, looking for me. Kagome... Inuyasha smiled.

I'm coming. I always will come, Kagome.

-----------------------------------

Kagome sat under the sacred tree, resting. Despite how cold it was, she was resting comfortably between the Sacred Tree's roots, her head rested against the tree. Her hands were clasped together in her lap, her legs outstretched. Kagome smiled and looked around, watching the beautiful snow fall to the ground.

Then something even more beautiful appeared.

Inuyasha appeared at the edge of the clearing, and he said nothing, walking towards her.

"Inuyasha.." Kagome murmered in surprise.

Inuyasha nealed down on one knee next to her. "Kagome, it's freezing out here! Why don't you have a coat or somethin'?" He pulled off the top part of his kimono and rested it over Kagome's shoulders. "That won't help much, but.." He settled in next to her, and Kagome looked up at him.

"What?" Inuyasha asked, looking at her puzzled.

"Won't you get cold?"

"Keh. I'll be fine." Inuyasha said.

Kagome smiled. "Thank you."

Inuyasha blushed embarisingly. "I just gave you my kimono, that's all. You don't have to get all mushy."

Kagome looked back out to the woods, and smiled dispite his tone.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Inuyasha asked quietly.

Kagome turned her head and looked at him in surprise, but recovered and smiled reassuringly. "Yes. The best I've had in awhile. I.. I dreamt about happy things, things I would look forward to."

Inuyasha looked endearingly at her. "What did you dream about?"

Kagome blushed suddenly, and scratched her forehead, extremely embarissed. "Umm..."

She thought of her dream, and blushed even more. Her dream had been about her and Inuyasha, completely passionate and in love.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

Kagome sighed pathetically. Might as well. "It was... about... me and... you.." She blushed even more.

Inuyasha blinked, and blushed a little himself. "I-Um.." Inuyasha rubbed the back of his head, not looking at her.

Suddenly Kagome sneezed, and he turned back and looked at her with concern. "Are you getting a cold from sitting out here for so long?" He put an arm around her in comfort, and looked softly down at her.

Kagome tensed in surprise, but smiled, and leaned against him, narrowing her eyes softly. She closed her eyes, taking in his warmth gratefully.

"Here, Kagome."

Inuyasha outstretched his hand, and in his palm was a beautiful flower. It was pure white, with a deep green colored stem. Kagome gasped with wonder, and gently picked it out of his hand. She stared down at it, and lifted it to her noes to smell it.

Inuyasha smiled, and looked at Kagome happily. "It's a snow flower. They're really rare around here, and only show up once every few years."

"You got me this?" Kagome asked, amazed. "It's beautiful, Inuyasha.." Kagome stuck it in her ear, and smiled. I'll put it in water, so I can keep it for a long time.

Inuyasha, happy she liked it, smiled softly once more and looked at the flower in her hair. The snow continued to fall steadily, and they sat there in silence, enjoying each other's company.

Inuyasha frowned suddenly at a thought he just had. "Kagome?"

"Hm?" Kagome responded sleepily.

"Why didn't you tell me about your nightmares? And how.. you suffered even during the day?"

Kagome looked up at him sadly.

His voice lowered. "You could have told me."

Kagome shook her head. "I know, but I couldn't."

"Why the hell not?"

"I didn't want anyone to know because.. I thought I had to deal with it alone. I thought no one knew what I was going trough, and thought I could get through it by myself." She smiled. "But I see now that I can rely on my friends to help. I realized that a long time ago that I could rely on you all, but something, or someone held me back from saying anything."

Inuyasha growled in annoyance, and crossed his arms. "You still could have told me." He complained.

"I know. I'm sorry."

Inuyasha looke dover at her suddenly, and his expression softened. He noticed Kagome was shivering again, so he stood.

"What are you doing, Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, surprised.

"Let's get you back to Kaede's. You'll catch a cold." And with Inuyasha's fire rat robe still over Kagome's head, Inuyasha bent his knees so Kagome could climb on.

Kagome did so, and Inuyasha ran back through the woods and through the snow back to Kaede's hut. Kagome hopped off his back and walked into Kaede's hut, to see the fire still going.

Kaede wasn't there though, so it was just Inuyasha and Kagome. She walked and sat back against the wall, and Inuyasha joined her. Kagome handed him his robe, and Inuyasha hesitated before putting it back on. Kagome still had the flower in her hair, so she took it out, and held it in her fingers.

Inuyasha looked at the flower, then at Kagome. His face softened, and he put his hand over Kagome's. Kagome and Inuyasha intertwined their fingers, and leaned against each other. They closed their eyes and Kagome smiled silently.

"Kagome, I-I.." Inuyasha narrowed his eyes in exasperation, yet his features were still soft.

Kagome lifted her head and looked at him, leaning against his shoulder.

They looked into each others eyes silently, and Inuyasha blushed slightly.

"I love you, Kagome." He blurted out.

Kagome widened her eyes in surprise, and blushed herself. "Inuyasha..."

Inuyasha looked down at her, his face set in a determined expression, despite his blushing.

Kagome recovered her shock and she smiled. "I love you too." She whispered.

Inuyasha smiled and his dog ears slumped with relief. Inuyasha clutched her hand tighter.

They leaned closer and closer, and Inuyasha kissed her gently. The fire light flickered over their faces and reflected off their hair. Still kissing, Kagome leaned closer to Inuyasha, dropping the flower.

When they pulled away, Inuyasha hugged her tightly and Kagome leaned against him, clutching the back of his kimono tightly with her hands.

"I'll be with you always, Inuyasha." Kagome murmered, and in responce Inuyasha tightened his hold on her.

"I will never leave you Kagome." Inuyasha replied. "I'll always be here."

They stayed like that, and they fell asleep in each others arms, hugging each other tightly.

Chapter End Notes:

Awww, was that sweet? c':  Geez, the been through so much in the past couple of weeks, my gosh. x.x  Anyways, final chapter, hope you enjoyed it! :D

 Reviews and comments I will very much like~! <3

 If you guys like it enough I will make an "Epilogue"! ^^

 PLEASE can I have some reviews?!?  Pleeeaaseeeee???? ;w;