- Text Size +

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called out her name again, for what seemed to be the hundreth time. He struck the barrier-breaking Tessaiga at the barrier again, and it sank straight through. For one hopeful moment Inuyasha thought he had done it, but he spoke to soon for Tessaiga was forced back outside the barrier.

This is the wierdest barrier I've ever ever seen, Inuyasha growled. He looked up at Kagome, and his frustration and desperation grew. Kagome..

"She never healed, not even close!" Inuyasha closed his eyes tightly. "Even if you did kill Hurukai, his visions entered Kagome's mind and tortchered her!" Akumakuusako spat.

Inuyasha clenched his fists. I refuse to believe she's gone! She's still alive I know it!

"Wake up Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. "Fight it, Kagome! You have to!"

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha abruptly turned to see Miroku and Sango approaching.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Inuyasha yelled.

"What's wrong with Kagome?"

"We have to save her! And fast!" Inuyasha commanded, looking back at Kagome.

"Combine your Tessaiga with my sacred sutras, Inuyasha!" Miroku commanded, understanding the situation immediatley.

Inuyasha did just that, and focused, lifting Tessaiga.

I won't let her die! Inuyasha's mind screamed. He hit the barrier with all his might, and it instantly shattered and disappeared.

"Inuyasha! Meet us out front with Kagome! We found some survivors in here, so me and Sango are going back." Miroku replied, already running.

Inuyasha nodded, watching them go, then ran over to Kagome. He cut her loose quickly, his fear growing as she looked paler and paler even as he released her. Inuyasha's legs felt like led, so he dropped to the ground, while holding Kagome.

"Kagome! Kagome, wake up!" Inuyasha replied shaking her. "Wake up Kagome!"

Kagome didn't stir, and her tears fell even heavier. Inuyasha's eyes shook, and he swallowed heavily. "Kagome!" He choked out, holding her tightly. Don't you dare die on me! Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled helplessly. He hugged her tightly. Kagome... No... don't..

His whole body shook with grief, and he clutched onto Kagome tightly. Was I.. too late?

Inuyasha's eyes suddenly came into view, and they were full of tears. "Don't you leave me Kagome! I-I.." Inuyasha looked into her face, which was lifeless. "I need you with me Kagome! I need you by my side! So don't die on me!" His tears poured over, and they landed on Kagome's cheek.

Please.

---------------------------------------

Kagome was still running, but she tripped, and collasped on the earth.

Half of her body was starting to fade, and Kagome was crying out in despair.

"I'm going to die!" Kagome whispered with terror.

"Wake up, Kagome!"

A light appeared above her, and it shoved her nightmare apparitions away from her, and her soul started to appear again.

"Inu-Inuyasha?" Kagome called out.

"Don't you dare die on me!"

Kagome's eyes widened. "I.." She looked at the light, and then she set her face in determination.

"I won't die, Inuyasha! I promise!"

She reached a hand towards it, and she was suddenly sucked forward.

---------------------------------

Inuyasha clutched Kagome tightly.

If only.. If only I had gotten here sooner, not gotten captured so easily... I could have saved her. She saved me when I was captured in the same way, but I didn't save her. I let her down. She was suffering for so long, yet she put on a brave smile and took it herself. Inuyasha clutched her tighter, his tears falling on her kimono. Kagome. You died in those nightmares, your soul being devoured. And it's all my fault.

"Inu..yasha.." Kagome barely whispered.

Inuyasha jerked his head up with incredible force, and looked straight at Kagome. "Kagome?" His breath caught. He sucked in a breath, and released his hold on her gently. His eyes widened when Kagome shakily opened her eyes, even though the tears kept falling.

"Inuyasha..." Kagome murmered, stonger now.

Inuyasha smiled with relief. "You're-" he kissed Kagome, pulling her close to him. He clutched her tightly, and his tears mixed with Kagome's. Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's kimono, pulling him closer.

They pulled away, and Inuyasha smiled down to her. "You're alive. You're okay..."

"Inuyasha." Kagome said weakly. "Were you crying?"

"So what if I was?" Inuyasha protested. He widened his eyes quickly, because Kagome reached inside her kimono.

She pulled out a hankerchief, and lifted it shakily towards his face. She wiped them off, and laid her hand on her chest, clutching the cloth tightly. "There," She replied hoarsely.

Inuyasha's eyes softened. "Kagome," He murmered. He used his thumb to get rid of Kagome's tears. "I let you get almost killed. I would never forgive myself if you.."

Kagome weakly turned on her side in his lap.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, his arms close to her just in case she collasped.

Kagome hugged him tightly, resting her head on his chest. "I'm so glad you're okay," she whispered. "When Akumakuusoka made me black out, I thought I didn't wake you up." Her eyes watered. "I thought I wasn't powerful enough to save you or everyone else." She sat back on her knees and looked at Inuyasha. "But it looks like you're okay..." She smiled. "I'm so glad."

Inuyasha grabbed her hands and pulled her in for another hug. He pulled Kagome into his lap, and he wrapped his arms around her. He rested his cheek against her forehead. "You almost died, yet you're worried about me?" Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. "I'm sorry I left you alone, Kagome."

Kagome's eyes teared up. "But you came. That's what matters, Inuyasha." She pulled back, and looked him in the eyes softly. "You always do."

"Kagome..."

Inuyasha picked her up, and held her tight.

"Inuyasha?" She asked weakly. She couldn't even move she was so beat up, her body and soul.

"What?" Inuyasha answered, walking outside and stopping near the gate. He sat, and put Kagome into his arms.

"Is it okay.. If I sleep?" Kagome asked him quietly.

Inuyasha nodded. "Yes. And remember I'm right here. I will never leave you, Kagome." He replied defiantly.

Kagome nodded, and smiled sleepily.

I have a feeling I will have good dreams.

Chapter End Notes:

Last chapter for tonight, I think. :)  I'm still writiing the next, which is also hoing to be the last, so stay tuned!!

 Reviews and Comments welcomed~!