- Text Size +

Kagome threw open a door and gasped, to find a villager tied to the roof.

"I'll save you!" She yelled.

Kagome strung an arrow, and released. It cut off all of the roots, and the person fell to the ground.

Kagome ran and kneeled on the ground next to the human. A girl.. Kagome now noticed.

"Hey, are you alright?" Kagome turned her over onto her back, and jumped back.

She's dead.

Kagome looked up at the ceiling with a scowl on her face. "Akumakuusoka!" She yelled in anger. "How dare you!"

Kagome jumped up and ran out of the room, searching other doors.

This is the last hallway, She thought. They have to be here somewhere!

She opened the first door, and without thinking, ran inside. As soon as she entered, roots grabbed her arms and legs, pulling her to the ceiling.

---------------------------------------

Inuyasha opened his eyes, to be suspended in the air, with roots wrapped around his body.

"What the?!" He yelled in alarm. He struggled to get free, and one of the limbs snapped that was on his arm. "Damn it!" He cursed.

He heard a scream.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. "Kago..me!" He snapped the last limb off his right arm.

"Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" He dropped to the ground, and pulled out Tessaiga's sheath. "Come, Tessaiga!" Inuyasha waited, then Tessaiga sailed threw the paper wall and slid into it's sheath. He slammed the door open, and ran down the hallway. "I'm coming, Kagome!" He yelled.

------------------------------

Miroku and Sango sped up when they heard Kagome scream.

"Oh no! Something happened to Kagome!" Miroku replied, running alongside Sango, who had Kilala on her shoulder. "How are we going to find Inuyasha?" He asked.

"Kilala! Do you think you can smell Inuyasha?" Sango replied, looking at Kilala.

Kilala mewed, and jumped off her shoulder, transforming into her giant feline form. She roared, and led the way.

------------------------------

I can't smell Kagome! Inuyasha thought. But I can smell Sango and Miroku's scent!

"Miroku! Sango!" He called out.

Inuyasha ran right into Kilala, who knocked him backwards and into a wall.

Miroku and Sango came around the corner. "Inuyasha!" Sango exclaimed. "Are you alright?"

Inuyasha stood. "Damn. You could have stopped, you know!" He looked at Kilala. "You okay Kilala?"

Kilala gave a reasurring growl.

"Did you find Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"No." Miroku shook his head.

Inuyasha growled. "I can't smell her scent at all! There's no trace of it!"

"And I can't sense her sacred power at all, either." Miroku murmered.

Sango looked around. "Let's split up. We can cover more ground faster if we all split up." She pointed behind her. "I'll go back this way. Inuyasha you can go on ahead and Miroku you can take the other corridor. I'm sure the main corridors break off into smaller ones, so we have to move quick!"

Everyone nodded. Sango jumped on Kilala and ran off, and Miroku took ran off into the corridor nearby. Inuyasha kept moving forward, and ran through the biggest hallway.

When he reached the end, there was two smaller hallways lined with doors.

I still can't smell her scent! Did Akumakuusoka mask her scent? He threw open a door to a room, which was empty.

"Where are you, Kagome?!" He yelled.

--------------------------------

"Let me go!" Kagome yelled. Kagome's sacred powers swirled around her, and the roots dissolved, and she dropped to the ground. I can't fall asleep! If that happenes, I'll dream about my nightmares and won't be able to wake up! Kagome ran out of the room, and down the hallway. I still need to find the others!

Kagome ran to the end of the hallway, and there was a door. She couldn't tell if she had been here before; everything looked the same. She was gasping for breath; for some odd reason she couldn't breathe.

It's the roots, She thought. They must have injected something into me...

Kagome ran through the room, and it opened into the main entrance. It was a huge place, with hallways connected everywhere.

The horrible realization hit Kagome. That whole time, I only searched half of the castle?!

She fell to her knees and was heaving for breath. Her shoulders shook violently, and she could barely breathe.

I can't black out! She thought. I can't!

She stood, but she fell again. The room spun, and Kagome coughed. She took a deep breath.

"Inuyasha!" She screamed. "Inuyasha!" Kagome coughed again, and her vision started to get blurry.

"Because of you, you're friends are awake!" Akumakuusako's voice growled. He manifested infront of her, and Kagome scootched backwards, afraid.

He had dark gray skin, and was wearing a pitch black kimono. His eyes were as red as blood, and he had a horn on the left side of his forehead. He didn't carry a weapon, but he had a necklace around his neck. It had claws along the string, and it had a red gem at the bottom. The gem glowed.

Akumakuusako took it off and put it the necklace in his kimono, but Kagome could still see the glow over his kimono. Kagome's eyes twitched in pain, and she coughed again. She clenched her teeth, struggling to stay awake.

"You better fall asleep soon so you can dream." Akumakuusako spat. He raised a hand, and Kagome's body pulsed violently. She couldn't breathe; she was literally gasping for air.

I can't... Her mind whispered. I can't fall asleep... Or I'll have nightmares...

Akumakuusako clenched his fist, and Kagome rose in the air like she was being choked. Her lungs were about ready to burst. She coughed again, more weakly.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha's voice echoed. Kagome froze, straining her ears to listen.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled again.

Kagome summoned with all of her might. "Inuyasha!" She screamed.

That was all she could muster, because she blacked out.

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you guys have enjoyed this story so far. :)  It is actually almost over soon. :(