- Text Size +

Kagome opened her eyes to be laying in a dark stone corridor.

"What the?" Kagome stood, grabbing her bow from the floor. She reached for her quiver, but paused. Why are there only two arrows left? She thought, biting her lip. She looked up. I have to find the others!

She started to run down the stone corridor, and before long there was a door at the end. She reached to slide it open, but her fingers slipped. She had to push harder to slide it open, and it finally gave and she ran through. As soon as she entered, there was a staircase that led upstairs. Kagome ran up them, and entered the hallway of the castle above ground. There were two diffrent ways she could go; both of them had doors lining the walls.

"Inuyasha!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "Miroku! Sango!" Kagome ran to her right, and threw open the first door. Nothing. She left it open and went to the next, and the next, and the next. Yet she couldn't find any of them. She stopped, bending over, gasping for air.

"Inuyasha!" She yelled again.

No one answered.

-----------------------------------------

What the hell..? Inuyasha thought. What.. What happened?

Inuyasha opened his eyes.

And cried out.

He was surrounded in fire, smoke was filling his lungs.

"Kagome!" He yelled.

Is she in this fire?

"Kagome!" He yelled again, coughing.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha's eyes widened, and he ran in the direction of her voice. "Kagome?!" He called out. "Where are you?"

Suddenly the fire snuffed out, and the smell of blood overwhelmed him.

Kagome's blood.

Inuyasha's fear grew. "Kagome!" He yelled, surrounded in total darkeness.

Suddenly, a light beamed down form the sky, and he saw Kagome lying there on the ground. She was covered in blood. Her mouth was running blood, her body was slashed up, and her eyes were clouded over. She was laying in a pool of blood, and she was sprawled out in a weird position.

Inuyasha's eyes widened in dismay, and blood appeared on his cheek and claws. His eyes shook, and he took a step back. "W-What?" He choked out, not able to breathe.

What's going on? He thought.

"Kagome!" He yelled, running to her side. He lifted her up, and looked into her empty eyes. "Kagome!" He gasped in disbelief. She turned her head, yet they were still clouded over.

"You let me die. You didn't protect me." She whispered.

And then she was silent forever.

"What? Kagome? Kagome!" She slowly faded away, and another light appeared.

It was of Miroku and Sango, covered in blood aswell, holding their kids. Miroku stiffly moved his head to look at him.

"Why did you do this, Inuyasha?" Miroku croaked. "Why?" They faded too, and Inuyasha was sent into a pit of fire.

--------------------------------------------

Kohaku? Sango thought.

Kohaku was tied and bound, and so was she. She was in the middle of someones courtyard, with a group of men surrounding her and Kohaku.

A man walked forward with a sword, and it gleamed in the moonlight.

"What's going on?" Sango yelled at them. "What are you doing?"

The man chuckled, and his eyes turned red. He walked over to Kohaku, and raised his sword.

"Sango! Help me!" Kohaku yelled.

Sango started to sob suddenly. "Leave him alone!" Sango strained against her chains, trying to break free. "Don't hurt him!"

"Too late," The soldier snarled.

He brought down the sword, and he beheaded Kohaku.

"Kohaku!" Sango yelled, crying and sobing. Suddenly the world went red, and all of the soldiers disapeared. She was just surrounded by a red world. She stood, still crying.

"Hello?" She called out, walking.

She tripped on something infront of her, and fell to land on the ground. She turned to see what it was, only to gasp in disbelief. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Kilala, Shippo, and her children were laying in a pile, all of their heads beheaded.

"No.." She whispered, backing away. "No!"

She stood and ran, running and running into red.

-----------------------------

Kagome slammed open another door, only to be unsuccessful again.

Where are they?! She thought with despair.

"Give me my friends back!" Kagome yelled into the air.

"I think I will keep them." Akumakuusoka whispered evily. "Now hush. They are dreaming, let them be."

"Dreaming?"

"Precisly. I am letting them dream, well.. I'm letting them dream their most feared thoughts, and I'm turning them into nightmares."

"Let my friends go!" Kagome yelled. She ran down another hallway. I've checked five hallways already! This place is like a maze! She thought nervously.

"Quit running around!" Akumakuusoka yelled.

Kagome didn't stop, and threw open another door, and ran inside when she saw a door in the room.

"Miroku! Sango! Inuyasha! If you can hear me, wake up!"

Kagome's words echoed throught the castle, and into a room where Sango and Miroku were both being kept, with roots covering their wrists and ankles, suspending them in the air.

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 28!  I hope you guys like it! :)