- Text Size +

"No, I'm begging you! Don't kill me!" A villager wailed, holding a baby.

"Why not?" The stranger cackled.

The female villager cringed, clutching the baby to her breast. She was shaking in fear. Behind them, bodies of people were covered in blood and littered all over the ground. Babies, children, young adults, and the elderly.

"Please," The girl whispered. "I'll do anything you want!"

The strange person.. No. This was not a person, more of an entity.

A monster.

The entity narrowed it's bright red eyes, and lifted it's sword, which already was drenched in blood. It lifted it's sword even higher.

"No! Please!" The lady begged.

The monster struck, and blood flew everywhere. There was an ominous silence, and the creature turned. The shadows were hiding the thing's face, and the sun was setting.

Blood covered it's cheek, and it's hands were suddenly covered in blood.

The entity lifted it's head, and Kagome's face appeared form out of the shadow. Her eyes glowed a bright red, and they flashed. She lunged.

-----------------------------

Kagome woke screaming.

Inuyasha and the others were sleeping, but they jumped awake when Kagome yelled.

"Kagome?!" Miroku asked, startled.

"Kagome?! What the hell..?" Inuyasha growled.

They looked at Kagome, who was realizing where she was. Kagome and everyone else was by the campfire.

That's right. Kagome thought, looking at the fire. We left Kaede's and started our journey to got to the Sacred village. Kagome put her head in her hands, and she shook with fear.

"It was the nightmares again, wasn't it?" Sango asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Kagome nodded. "They've gotten a lot worse." She croaked, not looking up.

"I'm sorry, Kagome." Sango murmured.

Kagome shook her head and looked up at everyone. "I'm the one who should be apoligizing; I woke everyone up."

Miroku shook his head. "No need to apoligize, Kagome."

"Miroku's right. We may not know what you're going through in your nightmares, but we understand." Sango supported, rubbing Kagome's back. "Do you think you can sleep?" Sango asked her.

Kagome shook her head. "No. But you guys go back to sleep... I'll just go get some water." And without another word, Kagome stood and walked away, grabbing a small cloth from her bag.

Sango and Miroku stared after her.

"Inuyasha," Miroku turned to look at him. "You should go and try to comfort her."

Inuyasha nodded, and followed Kagome.

"What should we do, Miroku?" Sango asked, settling back down where she was originally sleeping.

"We've been traveling for a day now. We should get to the Sacred Village tomorrow sometime."

Sango nodded, but frowned. She looked up at the stars. "Poor Kagome."

-----------------------

Please, don't kill me! The female villager's voice echoed through Kagome's mind as she bent over the stream, rubbing her face with the now wet wash cloth.

I would never do anything like that.. Kagome thought, closing her eyes.

She raised her knees and wrapped her arms around them, resting her head on her arms. She held the cloth tightly in her right hand.

I can't get her face out of my mind before I-I..

"Kagome."

Kagome abruptly turned to see Inuyasha walking towards her. She frowned and looked back at the water, not saying anything.

"Are you alright?" Inuyasha asked, sitting dog style. He turned his head to look at her, and frowned when she didn't say anything. "Kagome?"

"No." She whispered.

"What?"

"No," Kagome turned her head and narrowed her eyes in grief. "I'm not alright."

"I really do want to help." Inuyasha replied, looking at the small stream.

Kagome smiled a small smile. "I know."

Inuyasha quickly turned his head to look at her in surprise. Kagome scootched closer to him and leaned against his shoulder. Inuyasha's eyes softened sadly, and he put an arm around her shoulders.

--------------------------------

"There it is!" Kagome yelled on Inuyasha's back.

"Yes, I see it!" Miroku replied from upon Kilala.

Kagome's face was set in determination. Finally..

They landed in the village, which was very happy and cheerful.

"It's very peaceful here," Sango pointed out, smiling.

"Welcome," A villager called, walking towards them. They turned towards the woman, and Kagome's eyes widened.

Kagome took a step back, and whimpered. She looked away, and put her face in her hands, falling to her knees.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out, running to her side.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, running to her side with Kilala on her shoulder. Miroku followed, leaving the villager looking at them, startled.

"What is it, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked her.

Kagome was shaking violently. "It's h-her.." She whispered, her head still in her hands.

"Who?" Miroku asked.

"The girl in my dream!" Kagome wailed. "The one I-I.."

Everyone gasped. They knew what Kagome was going to say, and they all looked at the female villager. The woman had dark brown hair, and a kimono that had pastel-colored flowers plastered all over it. She had a pretty blue ribbon that circled from the crown of her head to under her neck. Like a head band. Her eyes were a very pretty green, and she had her hands crossed behind her back. She was looking at them, Kagome especially, with concern.

"Is your friend alright?" She asked.

Kagome looked up at her, and stood. "Yes, I-I'm okay.." Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku looked at Kagome, startled.

Kagome walked over to the female villager stiffly. "It's nice to meet you," Kagome continued. "I'm Kagome."

"Nice to meet you!" The girl laughed. "My name is Haruka!"

Kagome looked down and narrowed her eyes.

"Father no!" Haruka yelled.

"Go! Run! Take your little sister before the entity-" The man was slashed in half.

"No!" Haruka wailed.

"Kagome?"

Kagome jerked and turned around, to see everyone looking at her.

"Are you alright, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

Kagome's eyes softened in grief, and she turned to look at Haruka. "I-It's nice to meet you, Haruka."

Haruka smiled cheerfully and giggled. "Is there some specific reason why you travelers are here?"

"We need to see the head priest of this village. The one who can purify nightmares." Inuyasha replied.

Haruka frowned, and looked at Kagome. "Are you the patient then?"

Kagome nodded silently.

"Let's go, then!" Haruka grabbed Kagome's arm and energetically pulled her along through the village, past laughing by-standers, people in shops, and kids running around all over the place.

They walked by a small hill, with flowers blooming everywhere. Up ahead was a huge mansion, with pink flowers at the entrance. Once they reached the entrance, Haruka stopped.

"Here we are!" She replied, looking up at the huge house. "Haruka will see all of you, if you'd like. But he's been acting kind of strange lately."

"What?" Inuyasha asked.

"I'm sure it's nothing!" Haruka waved a hand a walked away. "It was nice to meet you!"

Kagome stared after her, not saying anything.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, reaching a hand out towards her with a worried expression on her face.

Kagome didn't turn around. "I'm fine." She started walking again, and they followed.

When they went through the gate, the temperature got extremely cold.

"Somethings not right.." Miroku murmered.

"Welcome to my home!" A voice shouted.

Inuyasha put a hand on Tessaiga instinctively, and growled softly. "I don't like this," He replied.

"My name is Akumakuusoka, I can pruify your darkest nightmares." The voice spoke.

Light surged toward Inuyasha, Kagome, and Miroku and Sango. A ball of light formed around each of them.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha yelled.

Sango started to lift into the air, and was sharply pulled in towards the castle's entrance.

"Miroku!" She screamed.

"No! Sango!" Miroku yelled. He tried to break free, but the barrier was too strong. He was pulled of into another direction of the castle.

"No Miroku!" Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha was trying to use Tessaiga to break free, but he failed. "Damn it!" He growled.

"Inuyasha, what are we going to-" Kagome was suddenly jerked backwards, flying through the air and into the castle.

"No, Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. His Tessaiga turned red, and he slashed at the barrier but that didn't work either. Suddenly he was sent forwards, and Tessaiga was left behind as Inuyasha flew into the walls of the castle, and everything went black.

Chapter End Notes:

Oh boy!  Another problem has occured!! Will they get out of it?

(Reviews and comments wanted)