- Text Size +

Kagome was sitting under the Sacred Tree, her quiver resting beside her, and her bow in her lap.

The wind blew and Kagome closed her eyes, leaning against the tree. It's so peaceful, She thought.

--------------------------------

A peice of wood fell onto a pile of firewood, becoming part of the pile.

Miroku rubbed his forehead with the back of his hand. "There, that should be enough." He turned, and Inuyasha was adding another peice to the pile. "Thanks for your help, Inuyasha."

"Whatever."

Miroku gathered some of the wood in his arms, and walked over to the side of his house and set them in a stack. Inuyasha followed, carrying some of his own. "Where is Kagome?" he asked Inuyasha, walking back to grab more firewood.

Inuyasha looked back, towards the direction of the Sacred Tree. "She went to get some peace and quiet, I guess."

Miroku looked at the direction the Sacred Tree was in, and sighed. "Kagome sure has been acting a little wierd lately," He grabbed the last of the firewood, and place them on the top of the stack.

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since we got back, she's been thinking a lot lately," Miroku explained, walking into his home. It was empty, for Sango had taken their children out for a walk. Inuyasha walked in to, and they both sat down. "I wonder if something happened between her and Hurukai while she was under his spell."

Inuyasha frowned, and looked at the floor.

---------------------------

Kagome sighed.

I better head back soon.

She looked up through the Sacred Tree's limbs, which we're creaking back and fourth in the chilly winter breeze. I hope winter ends soon. It gets so cold.

"Hey."

Kagome looked up, to see Inuyasha standing before her, his arms crossed. "It's pretty cold out here. You shouldn't be by yourself."

Kagome smiled a small smile. "I just wanted to sit under the Sacred Tree." She looked up at the branches, and Inuyasha looked up too. "This tree means more than anything to me, and it's a great place to come and think."

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes, and he lowered his head and looked at Kagome with a scowl on his face.

"What is it?" Kagome asked, looking at him. "Inuyasha?"

"What were you thinking about?" He asked her, not moving his eyes away.

"What?"

"You've been thinking a lot lately, Miroku's even noticed."

Kagome looked at the ground and sighed. "I.."

Inuyasha sat down next to her, still looking at her. "Is something wrong?"

Kagome looked up in surprise, but nodded.

"Well, what is it?" Inuyasha asked her.

"I've been having nightmares lately..."

"Huh?" Inuyasha's eyes widened.

Kagome's eyes were hidden from view. "They.. were about Hurukai, and me being possed."

Inuyasha's eyes softened, but he didn't say anything. Kagome.

"They are always the same." Kagome continued. She lifted her legs and wrapped her arms around them, seeking comfort. Her eyes were in a different place. "Hurukai controling me, killing everyone.." She lowered her head. "Sango, Miroku.. Shippo, Kaede.." She looked at Inuyasha, with sadness and grief in her eyes. "And you, Inuyasha."

"Kagome.." Inuyasha murmered.

Kagome laughed bitterly. "I've tried everything. They just won't go away! I feel like.. He still has a grasp on me even though he's gone for good."

There was a moment of silence, then Inuyasha growled, and stood. "Well we are just going to have to stop these nightmares then."

"Inuyasha?" Kagome looked up and her eyes widened.

Inuyasha was looking ahead. "Let's go talk to Kaede. She will know what to do." He replied, without looking at her.

Kagome nodded and stood, and grabbed her bow and arrows.

-------------------------------

"I don't know what to do." Kaede replied.

"What?!?" Inuyasha growled.

"You said these nightmares have been going on for awhile now, Kagome?" Kaede asked. Inuyasha was still steaming, his pupils narrow slits.

Kagome nodded. "Ever since we got back." She turned her head and looked out the window. It was dark now, and the moon was shining brightly. "They don't feel normal. Like.. I can still feel Hurukai." She turned back towards Kaede, and the fire glowed in her eyes. "It's hard to explain."

"Ye don't need to, child." Kaede replied, shaking her head. "The best thing I can think of is to go to the Sacred Village."

"Sacred Village?" Inuyasha's eyes widened in puzzlement.

"Aye. There is a priest there who purifies certain nightmares, or people who were posessed by a demon."

Inuyasha looked over at Kagome, with a worried expression on his face. Kagome's hands were clenched so tightly her knuckles turned white, and her teeth was clenched. Kagome.. Inuyasha thought.

"Where's this 'Sacred Village'?" Kagome murmered.

Kaede pointed to her right. "To the East. About a two day journey. But beware. Demon's surround that village more than any place else. They are attracted to that priest for some strange reason."

Kagome and Inuyasha nodded. "We'll leave tomorrow." Inuyasha replied.

"Leave to go where, exactly?"

They all jumped. Miroku was standing in the door, holding up the tarp.

"Miroku!" Kagome exclaimed.

"Inuyasha, what's going on?" Miroku asked.

"Ye frightened us, Miroku." Kaede replied. "But to answer your question; Inuyasha and Kagome are going to the Sacred Village."

"What for?" Miroku asked, sitting down next to Inuyasha.

"Kagome has been having unexplainable nightmares lately." Inuyasha replied.

They all turned to look at Kagome. "Is that true, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded. "Yes."

"That sure is strange indeed," Miroku murmered, standing.

"Miroku?"

Miroku walked towards the entrance, and stopped at the door, lifting the tarp. "Me and Sango will go with you."

"What about ye children, Miroku?" Keade asked.

"May you watch them, Kaede?"

Kaede sighed, but nodded. "Alright."

"Thank you." Miroku bowed, and he walked outside.

Inuyasha stood and followed him. "Hey, Miroku!"

Kagome and Lady Kaede stared after them, their eyes wide. "That was wierd." Kagome replied.

Kaede nodded.

"Keh! You and Sango dont have to come with us." Inuyasha replied, walking with Miroku back to his hut.

"Come come, Inuyasha." Miroku mockingly waved a hand in the air. "Dont tell me you want Kagome and you to be all alone."

"Egh-I-" Inuyasha halted and blushed, not knowing what to say. Inuyasha then shook his head violently. "Keh! No! All i'm saying is that you guys don't always have to tag along! You have kids now!"

Miroku stopped at the entrance to his home, and turned to look at Inuyasha. "Friends stick together, Inuyasha." He lifted the curtain, and looked away. "It'll be like the good old days too." He waved and walked inside.

Inuyasha sighed, and turned back to go back to Kaede's hut.

Chapter End Notes:
Oh no!  Poor Kagome!  Want to read on? c:  Im updating!