- Text Size +

Madam Exorcist met Miroku and Sango's kids, and before long she was heading out.

"Are you sure you should leave now?" Kagome was saying.

Madam Exorcist nodded. "I have to get back." She walked out of Miroku and Sango's home, and walked out of the village.

Everyone waved goodbye. Well, everyone except Inuyasha, who was leaning up against a post. "What a bother," He muttered.

Kagome sighed, putting her arm down. "She sure is a puzzling old lady."

"I fear this was the last time we will see her," Miroku replied.

They all looked back in the direction the exorcist disapeared.

---------------------------------------

Everyone was in the same hut sleeping, just like the old days. Yet Miroku and Sango's kids were added to the picture. A strange cliff avalanche crushed Kaede's hut, so Inuyasha and Kagome slept in Miroku and Sango's hut. Kaede was with a friend.

Kagome was laying on a pile of blankets, wide awake. She blinked, and quietly stood, the blanket covering her silently gliding of her body and hitting the floor. She grabbed her bow and arrows, and walked outside.

Miroku and Sango recently moved, so their hut was by the river. She stared into the swirling dark water, and closed her eyes. She turned, and walked silently towards the woods.

I really need to clear my head, She thought, and looked up at the sky.

"I will always protect Kagome!" Inuyasha's voice echoed through her mind. "Because I love her!" Kagome's eyes widened and she came to a sudden halt when the word love echoed through her mind.

Did-Did he really mean what he said? She walked again, looking down at the ground. Before Hurukai left my body, he told me Inuyasha was lying about that. Of course I didn't believe him, but... There was something there... Something.. strange.

Kagome shook her head violently. "That's crazy! It's obvious Inuyasha cares, I mean, we are married..." She grumbled, blushing.

She looked back up at the stars. Let's just forget about it. She thought.

Kagome walked to the edge of the woods, and made her way through the brush to come to a small clearing with trees spread around in a certain pattern.

She gasped in pleasure. "This will work perfectly!"

---------------------------------------

Inuyasha woke just as Kagome left.

Where's.. Kagome going? He thought drowsily, standing.

He silently peaked outside and saw Kagome walking down the path, heading towards the woods. "What is she up too?" He muttered, following her.

He kept a safe distance, following her silently through the trees.

What in the hell...? Inuyasha exclaimed in his mind as she stopped at a clearing.

----------------------------------------

Kagome strung her arrow, and narrowed her eyes in concentration. Let's see if I can weave the arrow through the line of trees, and hit the last one.

She lifted her bow, and aimed. As soon as she released, her power glowed on the arrow, and headed straight for the tree.

No, don't hit! Kagome gasped.

At the last second, it swirved to the left, and then to the right, dodging the first three trees. It bumped into the fourth, and the head of the arrow buried itself into the tree trunk.

Kagome raised a fist into the air. "Alright!" She cheered. "That's a great start!"

---------------------------------------

Kagome practiced for a long time, using the same arrow over and over.

She raised a new arrow, to make sure she had it down, and was just about to fire when the bushes rustled.

She screamed, and aimed her arrow at the area that made the noise.

A small squirel popped out from the underbrush.

Kagome fell onto her knees. A squirrel? She thought pathetically. I was scared by a squirrel? She sighed, and grabbed her arrows, putting them back over her shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Kagome jumped, and turned towards the voice. She turned to see Inuyasha with his arms in his sleeves, walking towards her. "Inuyasha?" She growled. "Do you realize how much you scared me?!"

"Save it, would ya?" He looked over at the trees Kagome was using, which were starting to smoke. "What were you trying to do?"

Kagome turned to look at the tree, and frowned. "I was trying to do a new techinque."

"Well, you almost have it down. Let's see what you've got."

Kagome narrowed her eyes, and nodded in determination.

I'll do it this time. The air picked up, and a blue light outlined Kagome's body and her bow and arrow. She aimed at the same tree's, and released her arrow.

It swiveled through the trees completely, but circled around to hit the last tree. It blasted a bit of air towards them, and Kagome closed one eye in protection. The light cleared, and a crevice in the tree was all that was left of Kagome arrow.

"Wow!" Kagome exclaimed.

"Not bad Kagome!" Inuyasha replied, looking with wide eyes at the tree.

Kagome yawned.

"We should get back," Inuyasha replied, kneeling so Kagome could get on his back.

She hesitated, but got on eventually. "Why do you want me to ride on your back?" She asked, as he stood.

"Because it'll be faster, and you need rest."

Kagome smiled in appreciation and laid her head against his back, wrapping her arms around his stomach.

Inuyasha's eyes widened in surprise, and he blushed madly. "Ehh.." He hesistated. Inuyasha stayed quiet, but still blushed.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews and Comments welcome~  It's not over just yet. :)