- Text Size +

Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku and Sango all returned back to the village. Kagome slept most of the way, carried by Inuyasha. When they entered the village, Miroku and Sango went to their home, and Inuyasha took Kagome into Kaede's hut. When Inuyasha entered, Kaede was inside, warming a fire. She stood up quickly.

She looked from the sleeping Kagome to Inuyasha stubbornly looking at her. "What did ye go?"

Inuyasha set Kagome down on the small cott Kaede uses, and walked to sit across from Kaede by the small fire. Inuyasha was silent for a moment, but he then explained what happened since she was gone.

Kaede sighed heavily. "I'm glad ye are alright." She poked at the fire tentativley. "All that happened while I was gone?"

"Yeah," Inuyasha yawned, laying on his stomach and propping up his head with his hand. "But it doesn't matter anyways. We're back and Hurukai is gone for good. Who cares."

Kaede smiled and turned to look at Kagome. She scanned her sleeping silhouette. Kagome had one arm over her stomach, while her other arm was raised above her head. Her head was turned to the side, and her hair cascaded out across the floor, like a black water fall. Her breathing was soft and even, and she had a content look on her face. The moon's shine reflected of her face, giving her skin a light that shined.

Kaede smiled in relief, and doused the fire. She stood and grabbed her things, and walke dout the door.

Inuyasha looked behind him to watch her go. Where is the old hag going? He wondered. He shrugged and turned back, closing his eyes.

------------------------------------

Kagome woke, and she slowly sat up and looked around. Inuyasha was asleep by the now burning coals, and chilly air blowed through the hut's door and window. Kagome looked out the window, to see the weak winter sunlight shining through. The snow melted, She thought. Yet it's still cold.

Kagome rubbed her eyes to rid of the last bit of sleep, and stood up, stretching happily. "Well, at least it's not so cold to where I can't go for a walk," She replied, and stepped over the sheets and walked outside. The sunshine hit her face, warming her body. There was a gentle breeze, so it balanced out the warmth of the sun.

It's such a pretty day, Kagome thought, looking at the sky. She took a deep breath.

"Hey."

Kagome turned abruptly, her hair swishing behind her. Her eyes were wide with surprise, but they softened and she smiled. "Inuyasha!" She exclaimed.

Inuyasha grinned and looked down at her side suddenly, his face becoming impassive. "How's you're side?"

Kagome lightly touched her hand to her side subconsciously, and smiled reassuringly. "Much better. I think I'm completely healed!" To prove her point, she flexed her muscles. She suddenly dropped her arms and looked at Inuyasha with concern. "How is your wound?"

Inuyasha turned his head violently to the left. "Keh! As if he could cause so much damage!"

Kagome sighed, but smiled. She turned and started to walk again.

"Hey, where're you goin'?" Inuyasha called after her.

Kagome kept walking. "For a walk." She yawned. "You can come if you want,"

Inuyasha uncrossed his arms and followed her, coming to her side silently.

"So, was Kaede here when we got back last night?" Kagome asked after awhile.

"Yeah. I told her what had happened while she was gone. She left last night, taking her things. I think she went to see a villager or something." Inuyasha replied.

"Hm. Weird." Kagome murmered suspiciously.

"Kagome!"

Kagome turned, and looked up. She smiled happily. "Shippo!"

Shippo crashed into Inuyasha, nocjing him over. He jumped into Kagome's arms, and she hugged him tightly. "It's good to see you!" Kagome exclaimed.

"I heard about everything! Are you okay?!"

Kagome nodded. "Yes, I'm alright. You don't need to worry, okay Shippo?"

Shippo nodded.

"Shippo.." Inuyasha grumbled, standing. He grabbed Shippo by the tail, and punched the little fox demon repeatedly.

"What was that for?!" Inuyasha yelled, growling. "You'll pay for that, you little runt!" He drop-kicked Shippo, and sent him flying into space.

"Inuyasha, sit boy." Kagome calmly comanded.

Inuyasha yelled and hit the ground hard, and stood with dirt all over his face. He clenched his fist. "What's you do that for, Kagome?!"

Kagome crossed her arms and closed her eyes cheekily. "You don't go around dropkicking kids like that!" She yelled.

"He deserved it!" Inuyasha protested, pointing at the sky angrily. "He slammed into me first!"

"Inuyasha, you don't get back at them like that!" Kagome yelled, getting into his face.

"I'd be happy to say hello when you're done bickering," a voice replied.

Inuyasha and Kagome turned, still in their arguing poses, and they fell over in dismay.

Shippo came back from out of nowhere. "It's the old exorcist!"

"What are you doing here?" Kagome asked, and stood.

"I'm here to find a place to settle down and retire," The old lady replied.

Inuyasha jumped infront of the exorcist. "Hah! Like I'd let you stay here! Just go back to where you came from old hag!"

The exorcist narrowed her eyes evily. "I see you're still alive." She revealed her jar of her purifying salt.

Inuyasha cringed and yelled in alarm. He hid behind Kagome, and peaked over her shoulder.

"Inuyasha, sit!"

Inuyasha hit the earth and the ground cracked.

"I swear, you never learn do you?!" Kagome pestered. She turned back towards Madam Exorcist, and left Inuyasha in his frozen state. "This isn't really why you're here, is it?"

Madam Exorcist sighed. "No, I just wanted to see some old friends. I fear my life may be coming to an end in a few months."

Kagome sighed. "Well lets go and find everyone else, then. Come on, Shippo."

"Coming!" He yelled. He jumped over Inuyasha who growled.

"Are you just going to leave me like this?!?" He yelled.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys are liking it!  Was it a surprise to see that old bag again? :)  Reviews and comments welcome~!