- Text Size +

What's going on? What happened? Kagome thought.

She heard Hurukai chuckle. "I am becoming one with you're soul, girl."

"No way!" Kagome yelled in surprise.

"It's true my body was destroyed, but I was still tied to you, so I will fuse with you forever!"

Kagome shook her head violently. "I wont let you!" Sacred light radiated from her body, making her glow. "I wont let you!"

------------------------------------------

Inuyasha was staring at Kagome intently from a distance, growling fiercely. Damn it. I'm just sitting here while Kagome is trying to resist Hurukai from fusing with her soul!

Sango and Miroku were behind him, also looking at Kagome intently. "I hope she's okay..." Sango replied quietly, her hair blowing softly in the breeze. She narrowed her eyes and frowned, tearing up; just a little. Miroku clenched his fist, and Kilala stepped next to him, hissing.

Damn it! Inuyasha thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I did it.. Kagome thought, her light disappearing. Kagome wasn't hearing Hurukai's voice anymore, nor could she feel his presence.

Im so tired.. She thought, her eyes getting heavy. She started to fall forwards, and she fell headfirst into a never ending darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't feel Hurukai's presence anymore," Miroku replied, looking around.

"I don't smell his stench either," Inuyasha replied, not taking his eyes of Kagome. His eyes were wide, and he didn't blink at all. He didn't want to miss any sign of Kagome awakening, none. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead.

"Did Kagome do it?" Sango murmered, and Miroku and Sango looked back over at Kagome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome was still falling, but the farther she went, the more tired she felt.

And the more warm.

I can't sleep, She weakly protested. Something tells me if I go to sleep... I won't ever wake up. She was still, not moving her body as she fell. There... was something I was supposed to remember, right? Something.. Someone. I.. can't remember... She searched through her mind, but it felt blank. I hope it wasn't important,

Suddenly, a half demon flashed through her mind. He was smiling at her, and she could tell he didn't smile much.

I know him. She thought. That's...

Another image flashed in her mind. It was of the half demon in front of her, protecting her with Tessaiga.

Tessiaga? Kagome gasped. Tessaiga! Inu..yasha? She flinched and gasped recognizedly. "Inuyasha!" She screamed.

A bright light circled around her, and the darkness was lit up by her power.

--------------------------------------------------

"What's that?" He suddenly replied, staring over at Kagome.

She started to glow, and a light formed around her. It jumped skyward, and the sky turned a faint pink. After the light cleared, everyone stared in awe.

"The thunder clouds disapeared!" Miroku replied, looking at the sky.

Sango looked around. "So did the ominous wind."

They all looked back at Kagome, who was still laying on the ground.

----------------------------------------------------

Kagome opened her eyes, to be laying on the ground. She stiffly moved her arm.

Inuyasha? ...I remember now! Where is he...? "Inu..yasha..." She murmered, sitting up. She lifted her head, and her eyes widened. Inuyasha was standing a ways away, staring right at her.

"Kagome." He looked at her like he wasn't sure if she was herself. He took a single step forward.

Kagome slowly stood up, and she took a painfull step forward. She flinched, and stopped. "Inuyasha!" She yelled, and started to run towards him.

"Kagome!" She's alright! He thought, running towards her.

They stopped a foot away from each other. Kagome was panting, with tears in her eyes. "Inuyasha..."

"You're-You're okay." Inuyasha whispered, his eyes softening in relief. He grabbed her, and hugged her tight. "Your're okay!" He repeated, his eyes hidden by the shadows.

Kagome wrapped her arms around his back, and hugged him tightly. She rested her head on his chest, and Inuyasha put his cheek against her head. Kagome's tears softly spilled over her face, and she buried her face in his kimono. Inuyasha hugged her even tighter, like he was never going to let go again.

"I wont ever let you go again, Kagome." Inuyasha murmered, lifting his head to look down at her. He narrowed his eyes. "Never again."

Kagome didn't say anything, but kept her face buried in his kimono. She started to shake with exhaustion, and Inuyasha picked her up silently. He turned towards Miroku and Sango. "Lets head back to Lady Kaede's!" He replied.

They jumped onto Kilala and followed, but a little bit ways away from Inuyasha and Kagome.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews and Comments welcome~