- Text Size +

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha yelled over at him.

Sesshomaru looked around, and he looked at Kagome. Kagome stepped back. She has a strong miasma around her, yet no one else can see it. Hmph. Pathetic.

"What are you doing here? Get lost!" Inuyasha growled.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled at him, turning behind to look at him. "We need all the help we can get!" She stepped close to him and Inuyasha took a startled step back. "I know Sesshomaru and you hate each other, but you have to work together to beat Hurukai!"

Inuyasha growled. "What?! Like I'd work with that bastard!"

"But you need to!" Kagome yelled defiantly. "This is the only chance.."

Kagome's voice was muffled by the wind, but they still argued. Miroku and sango sighed deeply.

"Really, she just broke from Hurukai's spell and they are fighting already?" Miroku huffed. "Such a sad thing indeed,"

Sango nodded her head disapointedly.

"Enough!" Hurukai yelled. Kagome and Inuyasha froze. "I'm tired of this foolishness,"

Sesshomaru lifted Bakusaiga. "Bakusaiga!" Bakusaiga's demonic energy flew out, and it went straight towards Hurukai, destorying the earth in it's path.

"No such luck!" Sesshomaru's attack hit Huurkai's barrier, but it disappeared abruptly, causing no damage. "Thanks to the girl, I have tremendous barrier-creating abilitlies,"

"Stay here Kagome," Inuyasha ordered, positioning Tessaiga in front of him.

Kagome nodded, and Tessaiga's blade started to turn red. He ran towards Hurukai and jumped into the air, yelling a battle cry.

"This is for Kagome!" Inuyasha roared. Tessaiga slammed heavily onto Hurukai's barrier, and it blasted light, shimmering and glowing, and then fading.

Hurukai growled. Even with the girls spiritual powers, he can still break through my barrier? The demon looked at Kagome, who was looking at the battle scene with a determined expression on her face. Is she somehow weakening the power I took from her? Hurukai swiped his claws at Inuyasha with Incredible speed, but with a grunt, Inuyasha was able to dodge it in time.

Inuyasha landed on the ground a few feet away. "Damn it," He rubbed his cheek with the back of his hand, ridding the sweat drops from his face. Inuyasha blinked, and suddenly Sesshomaru ran past him, heading to strike Hurukai. "Wha-What?" Inuyasha growled angrily. "Stay out of the way! Wind Scar!"

Sesshomaru jumped out of the way, and swung his sword at Inuyasha, scowling with hatred.

Inuyasha jumped out of the way, and landed with a thump on the ground. "Why you.."

Sesshomaru charged Hurukai again, and striked him upon his arm. The sword made a screaching noise and Hurukai chuckled.

"My body is an armour! You can even put a scratch!" Hurukai laughed evily, and looked smug. Sesshomaru flew back out of the way, and landed gracefully on the ground. Inuyasha ran past him then, with Sesshomaru in hot pursuit.

Kagome sighed heavily at them, and she turned to look up at Miroku and Sango. "Miroku, Sango!" She yelled up to them.

They floated down a ways, to be in earshot. "What is it Kagome?"

"Can you try to find my bow and arrows?"

Sango nodded, and they shot off into the sky, looked around the area for her lost bow and arrows.

Kagome turned back towards the fight, and growled softly, but to be surprised by a ball of Hurukai's power flying towards her. She took a step back and started to yell.

"Oh no you don't!" Inuyasha yelled, landing heavily from the sky infront of Kagome, raising Tessaiga, roaring. He cut the jet of power in half, and they split of in two different directions. Clouds of dust and a blast of air formed from the impact of the earth with the beam of Hurukai's energy. Inuyasha ran back towards Hurukai, his sword raised over his shoulder.

"Kagome!"

Kagome looked up with an arm over head, shielding herself from the debris. Sango threw the bow down to her. "We couldn't find your arrows!" She yelled with a hand near her mouth to amplify her voice over the wind.

Kagome nodded, and turned back towards Inuyasha and Hurukai. I can do this.. She pulled back her bow and concentrated.

Inuyasha swung his sword at Hurukai's side, but Hurukai put his arm infront as a shield. Inuyasha struck again, but was forced backwards by the impact of Sesshomaru's strike hitting Hurukai. "Damn it Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha yelled over at him.

Suddenly, a sacred arrow appeared behind Hurukai, who's back was turned. It was an arrow made of Kagome's sacred power, and it swirled with power as it hit Hurukai in the back.

"What?"

Kagome's arrow started to purify him, and Sesshoumaru unsheathed Tensaiga and it cut Hurukai in half.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Hiraikotsu!" Sango yelled, and her weapon flew towards Hurukai, with poison flaming from it, and Miroku's sacred sutras plastered on it. It hid Hurukai, finishing him off, and Hurukai yelled, disappearing inside a jet of the Wind Scar and purifying light.

Sesshoumaru sheathed his sword and walked away, disappering, with Inuyasha growling, staring after him.

"Kagome!" Sango yelled.

Inuyasha turned around in surprise, and flinched when he saw Kagome colasped on the ground. "Kagome!" He yelled, running towards her. But he was held back by Miroku and Sango. "What the hell are you doing?" Inuyasha yelled, struggling. "Let me go!"

"Listen to me, Inuyasha! Hurukai is still tied with Kagome's soul! She has to reject his soul from hers, or they will fuse forever! We have to keep our distance, otherwise her aura will disaperate from the disterbance of ours near her!"

"No way!" Inuyasha yelled with dismay. I thought this was over!

Chapter End Notes:
Oh snap. Sesshomaru the badass shhowed up. x3 Lol, I hope you guys like this. c:  Reviews, comments, and other things are greatly appreaciated!