- Text Size +

"Is this the right way?" Inuyasha yelled.

"Yes." Kagome replied.

Kagome kept getting even sleepier. Her eyes were half red and half brown. Her left side felt ice cold, and it kept spreading through out her body in pulses. They came to an open field, with a building as black as the night in the center.

Kagome felt a strong pull.

"Inuyasha. Put me down!"

Inuyasha was surprised for a second, but then regretfully set her down, and she stood up slowly. "Now get away," she whispered, shaking.

Inuyasha reached a hand out towards her. "Kagome.."

Kagome took a step forward, and kept walking. Every step she took, a vibration pulsed through her body.

Sango and Miroku were watching from the sky. "I can't even imagine how painful it must be for Inuyasha," Sango whispered, her eyes sadenning. "It must be so hard to let Kagome walk right into this..." They looked at Inuyasha with his hand still outstretched to Kagome, and the wind blew.

"Kagome.." Inuyasha said again. He took a step closer.

Kagome flinched. "He's coming!" I'm ready. She scowled. I will not give in!

Kagome felt a sudden suction, and felt her body freeze.

"Finally, I'm back!" Hurukai yelled.

------------------------------------------------------

Kagome turned around, her eyes completely red. The wind blew, throwing her hair around in the breeze.

"Ahhh, Inuyasha..." Hurukai praised. "Will you be the first victim?"

Inuyasha was growling, his face set into a deep scowl. "Bastard.."

"I am now one with Kagome." Hurukai replied, and manifested his old body right behind her. He layed a hand on her shoulder, and licked her face. Kagome didn't move. She didn't make any sign of emotion.

"Don't you dare!" Inuyasha yelled, unsheathing Tessaiga. He swung his sword at Hurukai, but it bounced right off him.

"What?" Inuyasha yelled in surprise. A barrier?

Hurukai chuckled. "You can't touch me." He lifted his arm, and clenched his fist.

Kagome glided towards Inuyasha, and her red claws extended and sharpened. She swiped at him, and Inuyasha ducked. "Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled angrily.

"I will create a hurricane! A hurricane of grief, that will drive you all into hiding, into despair!" Hurukai declared. He swung his arm, and Kagome's eyes glowed a bright red. Both of her hands glowed red, and up her arm and around her body glowed red.

It suddenly disapperated, and Kagome was wearing a mythical suit. It had shoulder preotecters, and red markings all over the design. Her nails were glowing, but they were normal length.

"She shall be my first warrior!" Hurukai yelled, and his eyes glowed red. Kagome's eyes also glowed, and she ran towards Inuyasha with incredible speed.

"No! Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled.

Kagome swung her arm infront of him, and Inuyasha jumped up to dodge. The marking in the air from her nails hit the ground, and it left a big incision.

"Such power..." Miroku murmered from upon Kilala.

Inuyasha landed a few feet away. His eyes twitched. "Damn it," Kagome turned towards him. "Kagome.." He whispered.

She suddenly drew back, gliding to stand next to Hurukai's form.

"Damn it all to hell!" Inuyasha ran and swiped his claws at Hurukai, but was flung backwards by the barrier.

"I am puzzled, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha painfully got up, and charged again. He was thrown back a second time, and he hit a tree. Once he hit the ground, he lifted his head painfully.

"Does this woman really mean this much to you?" Inuyasha stood up, supporting his back against the tree, his head leaning forward.

"You love her that much? You want to protect her that much?"

Inuyasha growled, and brought out Tessaiga. Air swirled around Inuyasha's feet as he adjusted his footing. "Shut up!" He lifted his head, and his hair swiveled in the breeze. "I will always save her," He glanched at Kagome, who was watching him with a impassive expression. He looked back at Hurukai and shook his head violently. "I will always protect her!"

"Why? She can't possibly be of that much importance. She is just a human peice of trash!"

"Be-Because.." Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. Images flashed through his mind.

All of them of Kagome.

Kagome handing him things with a smile on her face, her laughing, protecting him in danger, helping him up from an injury.

"Because..." Nursing him back to health when he was ill, her defending his identity, and most importantly, when she looked at him with that certain look on her face. He lifted his hand sharply. "Because I love her!"

Kagome's hand reached out towards Inuyasha as he charged to strike Hurukai with his Tessaiga turning a dark red. He swung it down into Hurukai's barrier, and it shriveled and disappeared.

Before Inuyasha could come close to hitting Hurukai, the demon slashed out at him and sent Inuyasha flying backwards, giving him a gash in the stomach. The instant Inuyasha hit the ground, Kagome's body shot out sacred power in all directions. Everyone had to cover their eyes, but when it cleared, a circle of energy was circling Kagome. She was leaning over, her hair flowing upwards. Her eyes were wide open, even though they were still red.

"No more!" Kagome's voice rang out from her body. "I won't let you do this anymore!"

"What?" Hurukai yelled in dismay.

Another blast of light pulsed from Kagome's body, and her eyes cleared, and she gasped.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Unbelievable!" Miroku yelled in awe.

"She forced Hurukai's control over her to break!" Sango yelled.

Kagome descended to the ground, and she fell to her knees, her eyes still wide. She was gasping for breath. I made it.. She slowly stood, and she turned towards Hurukai, scowling.

Hurukai growled. "How did you..?" Hurukai flickered for a second, like an image on a screen. "You impudent wench!" He sent a blast of air at Kagome, and Kagome started to yell, her eyes widening.

Inuyasha ran towards her. "Kagome!" He just made it infront of her, and his back got the damage instead of her. They flew backwards, and skidded on the ground.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, looking down at him. He was on his hands and knees beside her her, and she had her arm hands gripping tightly onto his shoulders. He looked up at her, and a small sigh of relief appeared on his face.

"Are you alright Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

She nodded. "I heard you," Kagome replied. "I heard you!"

"Yeah," he replied, his eyes softening.

Hurukai sent a blast at them, and Inuyasha picked up Kagome and jumped out of the way. The blast hit trees across the feild, but a green light split it in two and made it explode.

From dodging the chaos, Miroku turned hi head back. "That's-"

"Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled.

He was standing there, with Baksaiga in one hand and Tensaiga in the other. Sesshoumaru calmly put Baksaiga away and held Tensaiga at the ready.

Hurukai laughed. "What are you going to do? The power still hasn't been returned!"

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes.

Chapter End Notes:
Kope you guys like it! Reviews and Comments appreciated!